PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion of getting game used Gloves signed..

TFig27
03-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Looking for some opinions or photos of signed game used fielding gloves.

Has the ink bled into the leather over time?

jwasserman
03-08-2009, 09:38 AM
no bleeding, signed with a silver sharpie
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/Dwight%20Gooden/game%20used/IMG_7011.jpg

cincy13
03-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I get game gloves signed just to for the player's reaction. His reaction is going to tell you if he use it. I gave Brandon Phillips one of his gloves to sign, he was none too happy about it. He wanted to know where I got it, I told him. It turns out, it was one of two he used back in his cleveland days. I thought it was stolen, but I found out later, that he gave it to a friend, who sold it to the person I bought it from. Brandon told me later, he was cool about, it was just a shock to see it. I bought a Barry Larkin glove that he gave to Pokey Reese, Pokey sold it to a dealer here in Cincy. It was a one of a kind presentation glove, not a gamer, Larkin signed it but wanted to know where my friend got it.

skyking26
03-08-2009, 01:05 PM

I have some that bled a little; others that did not. I still like it as it legitimizes the piece. I have 3, and they all look fine. I love the way the doc glove looks with the silver btw. What type of pen (brand) was used may I ask?