PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Puckett gamer. Real??

Tay1038
03-09-2009, 01:21 AM
A while back I believe there was a thread regarding the abundance of 1992 Puckett shirts on the market. I've tried to photomatch this guy but have had no luck. This sold in a previous Grey Flannel auction but these days that doesn't mean squat! What are your thoughts?

Senses say "stay away" but I'm looking to add one to my collection. What do you think?

Thanks!
Taylor

kingjammy24
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
taylor

if you're seriously considering the jersey, i'd get several more photos. specifically:

1) photo of the neck tagging
2) close-up of the russell tag
3) close-up of the nameplate showing how's it's stitched on. it just has to show a small section of any part of the nameplate to show the style of stitching
4) have him open the jersey up and take a photo of the inside of it to show how the number stitching looks from the inside.

let me know if you get those photos.

rudy.

suicide_squeeze
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
taylor

if you're seriously considering the jersey, i'd get several more photos. specifically:

1) photo of the neck tagging
2) close-up of the russell tag
3) close-up of the nameplate showing how's it's stitched on. it just has to show a small section of any part of the nameplate to show the style of stitching
4) have him open the jersey up and take a photo of the inside of it to show how the number stitching looks from the inside.

let me know if you get those photos.

rudy.

Rudy,

The ultimate goal is to find similar stich patterns in every case....correct?

lund6771
03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
post the pics on here and I'll let you know how it compares to mine...

I have a photo-matched one from the Twins with their LOA and I'll let you know how it matches up...mine is from 94