PDA

View Full Version : AROD bat on ebay

earlywynnfan
04-22-2006, 12:01 AM
has anyone seen this bat yet? i emailed the seller to ask about the underlined 125. has anyone dealt with him?

thanks, Ken

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-GAME-USED-YANKEES-LS-BAT-P72-gamer_W0QQitemZ8800039863QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Calrima
04-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Friends,

An underlined 125 is NOT an authentic PRO MODEL BAT. Please correct me if I am wrong.

:)

Den

metsbats
04-22-2006, 07:51 AM
http://www.anacondasports.com/wcsstore/anaconda10/images/125p-kg-s_lge.jpg

This is a retail bat like the Griffey bat sold here at Anaconda Sports. They sold Arod, Jeter, Palmeiro, Roberto Alomar, Giambi retail models too.

Have you tried contacting the seller telling him what he has is not a professional model Arod?

David

metsbats
04-22-2006, 07:53 AM
http://www.anacondasports.com/wcsstore/anaconda10/images/125p-kg-s_lge.jpg

This is a retail bat like the Griffey bat sold here at Anaconda Sports. They sold Arod, Jeter, Palmeiro, Roberto Alomar, Giambi retail models too.

Have you tried contacting the seller telling him what he has is not a professional model Arod?

David

Oops Sorry I now see you tried emailing the seller. Remind me never to post without drinking my first cup of java. Good job!

allstarsplus
04-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Obviously Alex Rodriguez didn't use the bat, but someone else did at the neighborhood batting cage (and they wore cleats!).

Possibly the seller bought it that way, but since he has been emailed that he has a store model bat he should amend his auction.

:mad:

BULBUS
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Its pretty amazing how he got the bat from AROD, had someone take his picture with him, print out the picture on the spot, and had AROD sign it! :eek:

allstarsplus
04-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Its pretty amazing how he got the bat from AROD, had someone take his picture with him, print out the picture on the spot, and had AROD sign it! :eek:

Buy it now always available e-mail me at cbseahawk12@netscape.net You are about to bid on an extremely rare item,an Alex Rodriguez GAME USED YANKEES Louisville Slugger BAT P72.The bat has alot of use,ball marks and also cleat marks.I guess when he bangs the bat on his foot it made indentations in the bat at the end.This item is 100% intact no cracks.This bat was obtained directly from Alex Rodriguez.I had the opportunity to meet him.See scan below...My face is covered up to keep me unknown.I dont want my face all over the internet.You dont want to look at me....its the bat we are looking at here.The picture of me and Alex is not included.See the autograph on the picture of me and Alex ****NICE**** I tried to get the bat signed he said the bat was enough dont push it...So he signed the picture...Pictured below is pictures of the exact item...see scans...This item will pass PSA/DNA 100% money back.Winning bidder pays $25.00 s/h.

Above is the text from the eBay listing. He claims he got the bat direct from Alex. That still doesn't explain all the ball marks and cleat marks.

ChrisCavalier
04-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Friends,

An underlined 125 is NOT an authentic PRO MODEL BAT. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Hello Dennis,

My understanding is that the underline below the 125 is intended to distinguish retail model bats from professional model bats. In fact, I spoke with Vince Malta about this once and he told me he actually recommended this protocol to Louisville Slugger to help collectors distinguish between the two. Thus, if anyone is looking for a "game used" ARod bat, I would personally not suggest bidding on this one. I'm also happy to hear if others have a different opinion.

Ken, thank you for emailing the seller for clarification. Please let us know if you hear back from him. I will give my opinion about his description as soon as we have given the seller an opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,
Chris

Birdbats
04-22-2006, 04:41 PM
It appears this auction was ended... and the bat was relisted -- with another photo in place of the trademark with the underlined 125.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-GAME-USED-YANKEES-LS-BAT-P72-gamer_W0QQitemZ8800419952QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

earlywynnfan
04-22-2006, 05:23 PM
OK, that's really a dirtball move!! He emailed me a reply about the Thome bat, but not the AROD. I just sent him another email asking him why he took out that one scan. I'll let you all know if/when he replies.

Ken

ChrisCavalier
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
OK, that's really a dirtball move!! He emailed me a reply about the Thome bat, but not the AROD. I just sent him another email asking him why he took out that one scan. I'll let you all know if/when he replies.

Ken
Hello Ken,

Thanks for following up with the seller. I hope he has a good explanation as it looks pretty bad on the surface.

Sincerely,
Chris

earlywynnfan
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
The seller pulled the listing again. I never did get a reply to either of my emails. I find this odd, because the seller had a very high feedback, so he doesn't appear to be some hit-and-run scammer, yet if he felt the bat was legit, why didn't he respond to me?

Ken