PDA

View Full Version : McGwire Gamer on Ebay...

bigtruck260
03-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Have been in the market for a while - but am interested in this one for a different reason. I am not a Mac expert, but I have seen enough out there to think that the handle does not look right. The label tar looks OK, but I always thought that the handle was caked too...

Could be wrong. What do y'all think? If the seller is here, I'm not calling you out - just asking for additional info. I have also emailed you via eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARK-MCGWIRE-2000-GAME-USED-BAT-ST-LOUIS-CARDINALS_W0QQitemZ250386192500QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item250386192500&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Rboitano
03-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Not a fan of this bat at all. Tar and use is not what I would like to see. Secondly it is from California Sports Inv. which has had some issues with some bats being doctored with use. I would stay away.

skyking26
03-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Never have seen a bat that looks quite like this... I don't like it either.

Birdbats
03-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Not even close, Dave. Run away!

bigtruck260
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
That's what I thought. Much appreciated -

This might be a case of the seller not knowing what he has/doesn't have. Hard to blame the seller without having proof that he's either done it in the past - or has pulled other scams. It stinks when turds get into the secondary market and disappear for a few years...

Thanks fellas.

skyking26
03-09-2009, 10:58 PM

This might be a case of the seller not knowing what he has/doesn't have. Hard to blame the seller without having proof that he's either done it in the past - or has pulled other scams. It stinks when turds get into the secondary market and disappear for a few years...

Thanks fellas.
Dave,

There are a few of us looking for a Mac gamer. What makes my hunt a little tougher is mine must be uncracked and signed. There are precious few around. I've been looking for awhile; and I know of at least 2 or 3 others right on this board looking as well. Give me the criteria for yours in an email. I have a friend who might fall into your "zone."

Bob

mr.miracle
03-10-2009, 11:07 AM

Thanks fellas.

I spoke to this seller who apparently is running a baseball shop/memorabilia company out of I believe Michigan. He said he has not only this bat but two other 98 McGwire's on consignment that he was trying to sell. If I still have the pics from all three bats I will post for review but none of them were even close. They all looked very much the same. I never asked if they all came from the same seller as I was curious how someone would have three 98 McGwire's all on consignment unless they were a huge collector but the tar patterns were way off on all three and none of them showed any use whatsoever.

Thanks,

mr.miracle
03-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I spoke to this seller who apparently is running a baseball shop/memorabilia company out of I believe Michigan. He said he has not only this bat but two other 98 McGwire's on consignment that he was trying to sell. If I still have the pics from all three bats I will post for review but none of them were even close. They all looked very much the same. I never asked if they all came from the same seller as I was curious how someone would have three 98 McGwire's all on consignment unless they were a huge collector but the tar patterns were way off on all three and none of them showed any use whatsoever.

Thanks,

Sorry, I had the wrong seller, it is actually Collectandsave on ebay that is selling currently a 98 McGwire that has the other two not the current posted auction that BigTruck listed. Wrong McGwire bat.

Thanks,

kingjammy24
03-10-2009, 11:51 AM

forget the seller for a minute. the bat comes with mighty ron fukushima's loa yet the bat is so bad that jeff scott says to run away? is it possible that the loa was swapped with a bad bat? or did ron sell a bad mcgwire?

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5894/sillyhve.jpg

rudy.