Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panthrotc
    • Dec 2005

Early MCGWIRE Gamer on ebay???

I know carlie has an early McGwire bat, does this bat look like the early models he used? I am not too famailiar with the bats from 86-87. What do you guys think??

• chakes89
    • May 2006

Re: Early MCGWIRE Gamer on ebay???

The JSA Letter is for the autograph only
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• chakes89
      • May 2006

That is kinda misleading if you don't read the whole auction
      I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• Rboitano
        • Nov 2005

I am not a fan of any of those LVS pro stock bats that has the team name on the barrel instead if Macs name. For myself, I want to see the players name on the barrel. Their is way to much room to make one of these bats look like a Mcgwire gamer.

Comment

• ironmanfan
          • Sep 2005

IMO, I like those team labeled bats for autograph purposes

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Rboitano
            I am not a fan of any of those LVS pro stock bats that has the team name on the barrel instead if Macs name. For myself, I want to see the players name on the barrel. Their is way to much room to make one of these bats look like a Mcgwire gamer.
            I agree with Bobby here. I know Carlie had one like this. Personal preference thing; but I would never be interested in a bat like this auto'd or not...

Auto is good on this bat.

RK
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• cjmedina1
              • Oct 2005

You bring up some good points. If the Provence is Rock Solid then how can you go wrong.Of course that the biggest challenge....My bat came from a bat boy during the 1986 season. He was the bat boy for the Memphis chicks. The stars was the visiting team and Daniel was on the visiting team side.After the game he got this bat from Mcgwire.

Carlie Medina III
              carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net
              Attached Files

Comment

• cjmedina1
                • Oct 2005

Carlie Medina III
                Attached Files

Comment

• Canseco44
                  • Dec 2006

It looks like the PSA/DNA letter says that both orders of P89's that year had McGwire's last name branded on the barrel, yet the one pictured does not. Do you know why it say's that. Is it a misprint?

Thanks, Todd
                  Todd Ricks
                  www.freewebs.com/canseco44
                  Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
                  Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• Rboitano
                    • Nov 2005

I do not care for PSA letters, doesnt do anything for me. I dont need to pay someone else to tell me I have an authentic item. If the bat was given to a batboy from Mcgwire, I wonder why he did not sign the bat for the batboy. Their is to much room for fraudulant activity with pro stock bats.

Comment

• mr.miracle
                      • Apr 2006

I do not care for PSA letters, doesnt do anything for me. I dont need to pay someone else to tell me I have an authentic item. If the bat was given to a batboy from Mcgwire, I wonder why he did not sign the bat for the batboy. Their is to much room for fraudulant activity with pro stock bats.
                      Good points, however I will say that it is becoming more and more difficult for me to sell anything on ebay without a PSA or MEARS letter. On anything over $500.00 everybody wants not only the letter but now that is not even good enough. In the last week alone, I had two potential buyers back out on a deal because the cert number on the bat barrel end and the cert # from the LOA was not yet in the PSA database. I had to do a quick turn on a bat I bought which I normally don't do and was told by PSA that the bat had not yet had the cert entered into their database and normally anything coming from John Taube takes about a month or two. It is getting ridiculous when people now think you are faking PSA LOA's, and the hologram sticker as well.

It is sad, but everyone is suspicious of everything. You just can't win.
                      Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• cjmedina1
                        • Oct 2005

So are you saying if this bat wasn't signed by MAC there's issues with the bat? How many baseball players carry sharpies to sign items when they give a person a gift? Are all your bats sign? As for a psa letter i'll agree with you only cause I know my mcgwire bats and if home is done then you shouldnt need some else opinion,But them again it doesn't hurt unless the collector dont have the money to send an item to PSA or mears.

On a side note I remember you offering a 1992 barry cola signature card for one of my bats. Send me an email maybe a deal can be work out LMAO

Carlie Meidna III

Comment

• cjmedina1
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Canseco44
                          It looks like the PSA/DNA letter says that both orders of P89's that year had McGwire's last name branded on the barrel, yet the one pictured does not. Do you know why it say's that. Is it a misprint?

Thanks, Todd
                          Hi Todd

The bat I posted is a team bat. I cant speak for PSA but I think they noted the 2 orders as a reference that matches documented orders in comparing this bat. Giving the familiar game used characteristics and the Provence i believe this bat was used by Mcgwire as psa also...

Carlie Medina III

Comment

• Rboitano
                            • Nov 2005

What happened to the 89 bat you had with the fake autograph on it? OR how about the 88 you had on ebay with the fake autograph that only went up to $300.

Comment

• Rboitano
                              • Nov 2005

You were the one asking for the Barry Cola card, you sent an email out looking for that card and a 87 Donruss.

Comment

Working...