Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryant7
    • Feb 2009

How Bad Is Steiner Going To Get?

Look at this auction on E-Bay it states game used bat with steiner coa it just gets better and better everyday.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/VICTOR-DIAZ-Game-Used-Worn-New-York-METS-Bat-STEINER_W0QQitemZ200317158022QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item200317158022&_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A 1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A7|294%3A50
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Re: How Bad Is Steiner Going To Get?

I dont see what the issue is?

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
      • Jan 2009

I asked the seller to provide a photo of the LOA. I'm interested in the verbage(sp?) of it.

However, with Steiner's reputation, I would have a hard time thinking they would authenticate a bogus bat.

Comment

• ryant7
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
        I dont see what the issue is?

The bat is taped up for bp use and has never had the tape removed this bat was never used in a game

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

How do you know he did not use it in a game and then switched it into a BP bat. And the seller is a forum member here.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

players dont tape up bats so that they can use them just for bp. They use bats in games or in bp and tape them after they develop a crack so that they can continue to use them for bp. There's a difference. The bat has the correct uni number on the knob and I see nothing that indicates it isnt what the seller claims. Be careful what you claim isnt legit until you know all the details. Also, MLB considers anything used in bp to be game used, so for Steiner to say that, it isnt a stretch.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
              • Oct 2005

ryant - forgot to add this. I see that you have been here about a month. The seller, as was mentioned is a well known forum member here. You may want to sit back a while and soak in the atmosphere before making claims...

I'm just sayin'.....

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                • Jan 2009

The seller added the pics of the COA on the auction. Looks good to me. I think that just about wraps this one up.

Comment

• ryant7
                  • Feb 2009

just one more thing before you shun me a bat usually doesnt develop cracks on the barrel unless heavily used (hence bp time) i could see maybe used in a couple games but this bat has way more use than a gamer if the back of the barrel is cracked or as the players call it deadwood or flaking that is the reason for taping so that the bat can be used even more in bp and they do not have to get another bat out to use for bp and why does it matter if his uniform number is on it of course it would be its his bat he has his numbers on it so it is easily identifible for him and also it is a stretch for the mlb or steiner for that matter to say something is game used if it was used in bp i know a few players that had gloves specifically for bp that they would not use in a game so how could some items be sold as game used ? im not saying its not legit im just saying it looks like a bp bat and the steiner certificate is misleading that is all.

Comment

• jppopma
                    • Mar 2006

Ryan,

I think the point people were trying to make it that many players will use their older (sometimes with minor cracks) bats for BP. I'm not sure how many players do this compared to some that may have a special BP only bat. If this is the case, the fact that it was used for BP by the player after being game used previously should not deter from it. A similar arguement could be made for hand me down jerseys. If its worn by MLB player A and then minor leaguer B, C, and D....it is still a game used jersey by MLB player A regardless.

Hopefully you are not going to get shunned too bad, we all make mistakes.

John

Comment

• nyjetsfan14
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ryant7
                      just one more thing before you shun me a bat usually doesnt develop cracks on the barrel unless heavily used (hence bp time) i could see maybe used in a couple games but this bat has way more use than a gamer if the back of the barrel is cracked or as the players call it deadwood or flaking that is the reason for taping so that the bat can be used even more in bp and they do not have to get another bat out to use for bp and why does it matter if his uniform number is on it of course it would be its his bat he has his numbers on it so it is easily identifible for him and also it is a stretch for the mlb or steiner for that matter to say something is game used if it was used in bp i know a few players that had gloves specifically for bp that they would not use in a game so how could some items be sold as game used ? im not saying its not legit im just saying it looks like a bp bat and the steiner certificate is misleading that is all.
                      Can you say run-on sentence?

Comment

• ryant7
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by nyjetsfan14
                        Can you say run-on sentence?

why does it matter this isnt grammar class i was just speaking my mind im not dogging or harassing anyone and im not saying the person selling the bat is illegitimate i was just implying the coa is stretching the truth a little. and as far as hand me downs you are saying that a derek jeter bat is used during bp once during a game then given to a columbus clipper to use and he beats the heck out of during bp it is still a game used derek jeter bat?

Comment

• jppopma
                          • Mar 2006

as far as hand me downs you are saying that a derek jeter bat is used during bp once during a game then given to a columbus clipper to use and he beats the heck out of during bp it is still a game used derek jeter bat?
                          I was referrring more to jersyes with the hand me down comment. But if it starts out as BP only then thats all it ever is. But if its game used to begin with, and somehow another players gets his hands on it and uses it for himself in a game or BP or whatever..yes, its still game used because it was used by Jeter in a game. The trick to that as well as anything else is in the proof or evidence that can be brought to support it.

Comment

• ryant7
                            • Feb 2009

The one thing i am getting at is there is a thin line between batting practice and game used i know at slugger field for the 2 years i worked there after every bp the bases where pulled up and the field was gone over and the game bases where put in 2 totally separate sets of bases steiner is pushing it and mlb is for that matter when they say something like game used on something like a bp jersey or a warmup pullover even on there site right now they have "game-used" cage shirts like a pullover that would be used in batting cage i would like for someone to explain to me how that would be game used it was never worn in a game ....... but clearly states game used ......... enlighten me

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                              • Oct 2005

i would like for someone to explain to me how that would be game used it was never worn in a game ....... but clearly states game used ......... enlighten me
                              Simple - because MLB standards say that anything used in bp IS game used. They use that for their auctions, so Steiner et all are just following along.

Comment

Working...