PDA

View Full Version : Ebay problems

jppopma
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Has anyone else had recent problems with Ebay and all of the changes they are making? It seems that when I go to bid on something, it will go one of three different ways; the old confirm screen, a pop up box, or a side box. My biggest problem is that when it does the pop up box, it takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever to load and I have missed out on a bunch of things by not getting my last minute bid in on time.

I also have noticed that since Ebay has been making these changes that my computer is running very slow. When I pull up the task manager, it shows the explorer window for ebay running at over 200,000 K memory usage with over 400,000 K virtual memory. (I don't know jack about computers, but have compared and that's like 10 times as big as other normal pages). Does anyone know if this is because if all of the "extra" crap that they put onto a page for you (similar items, others by seller, etc.)? I have DSL and it seems like Ebay is the only site that I have any problems with.

I have considered getting a bid snipe service, but am wondering if they may be having the same problems with the slow page loading or pop up bid boxes.

Thanks for any help you computer gurus can offer on this. I wish they would have left well enough alone..

Thanks, John

cohibasmoker
03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
John,

I thought it was just my computer. I use Comcast high speed internet and my browser is Internet Explorer. Everything works fine until I get to eBay - it's like being one of the Slowsky turtles.

I just don't understand why they couldn't leave things alone.

Jim

jobathenut
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
ebay-aka-garagesalebay/greedbay....is a joke!!!!......all these changes that are going away from who made them...the regular and normail people...they now cater to stores and big sellers....they are making changes they dont need to,from the feedback,which is funny,how can you let one leave it and not the other......explain that to me.....and the thing that got me to stop selling on there,the paypal only.....which they own,big surprise there,that they would have it that the only way you can pay on there is the company they own,how is that not a monopoly...........that whole not letting the buyers pay with money orders is just stubid,they dont want to police anything on there,as they always say work it out among yourselfs,but when it comes to paying than they want to police it..........it should have nothing to do with them,that should be between the buyer and seller,if the buyer wants to pay that way and the buyer doesnt mind,than thats all that should matter......im sorry but not everyone wants or can open the all mighty paypal account and ebay should just be happy that people want to use thier site........thats just my 2 cents about that place....:mad:

jppopma
03-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey Jim,

I'm glad I'm not alone. I was starting to worry myself that it may have been something wrong with my computers. It's just very frustrating to try tp place last minute bids and have the page not even open.

Do you know if anyone using the sniper services are having problems withthe changes they are making?

John

bigtime59
03-15-2009, 09:55 AM
ebay-aka-garagesalebay/greedbay....is a joke!!!!......all these changes that are going away from who made them...the regular and normail people...they now cater to stores and big sellers....they are making changes they dont need to,from the feedback,which is funny,how can you let one leave it and not the other......explain that to me.....and the thing that got me to stop selling on there,the paypal only.....which they own,big surprise there,that they would have it that the only way you can pay on there is the company they own,how is that not a monopoly...........that whole not letting the buyers pay with money orders is just stubid,they dont want to police anything on there,as they always say work it out among yourselfs,but when it comes to paying than they want to police it..........it should have nothing to do with them,that should be between the buyer and seller,if the buyer wants to pay that way and the buyer doesnt mind,than thats all that should matter......im sorry but not everyone wants or can open the all mighty paypal account and ebay should just be happy that people want to use thier site........thats just my 2 cents about that place....:mad:

You might have something legitimate to say. I might agree with it. However, until you discover capitalization, punctuation, and how to create sentences, I'm not going to bother reading your posts. Just attempting to read the one quoted here gave me a headache.

suicide_squeeze
03-15-2009, 12:40 PM
[quote=cohibasmoker;128698

I just don't understand why they couldn't leave things alone.

Jim[/quote]

It's like I mentioned in an earlier post......

Fleabay has turned over the operations to a bunch of punk gen-y'ers, who haven't been alive long enough to know that there are things in this world that DON'T need improvement.

So these little punk geeks who know nothing but computers, have ruined the site with the most rediculous policy changes. Shame on the powers to be at ebay for allowing this to happen. I guess they have become too rich and disinterested to care anymore.

It will always be around....unfortunately......but it has forced it's loyal participants to deal with a barage of non-sensical changes in a system that used to run pretty smooth. I have all but stopped my participation on it. I can't support the stupidity. And, fortunately for me, I don't sell for a living so I'm not forced to.

jppopma
03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I wish I could be like Suicide and all but stop participation. I have limited what I buy and how much I buy on there lately with all of the problems (and just less and less time). The other day, I was on there looking at some tickets and notice my computer dragging butt. I checked and it was running at 595 K virtual memory! When I went back to the page, I saw that on top of loading the page, it was also loading other items i might like, items i recently looked at, a bunch of other things, and even an advertisement for stub hub that was doing a search for similar items that way............all a bunch of stuff that I don't want or need. Hopefully there is a way to turn it all off, but I have yet to figure that one out.

karamaxjoe
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm no computer guru, but a few weeks ago I had the same problem with ebay running extremely slow. I decided to switch from Microsoft Explorer to Mozilla Firefox and now everything runs like it used to. I don't know if this is the answer, but it sure works for me.

jppopma
03-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I've opted out on the search pages every chance I get. These problems are on the item page iteself. I looked for an opt out button all over and could not find one. It has not done it at all this week, I just wish I knew why they would try to do things before they have the kinks worked out.

jobathenut
03-20-2009, 04:58 AM
Seriously,you're criticizing grammer on a message forum board.I did'nt realize i was being graded on my posts.Sorry i gave you a headache school teacher:eek:
You might have something legitimate to say. I might agree with it. However, until you discover capitalization, punctuation, and how to create sentences, I'm not going to bother reading your posts. Just attempting to read the one quoted here gave me a headache.