PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

yanks12025
04-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi
I Was At Fridays Yanks Vs Baltimore. And In Bp I Got Three Hit Balls And Got Some More At Other Games. In One Of My Books It Says That Bp Balls Are Considered Game Used Balls. Is That True.

pietraynor
04-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what "book" are you referring to?

rbalm
04-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Just my two cents but the balls were not used during the game, thus not game used. Also, I don't consider the balls they use during warm ups between the innings game used.

Adam

suave1477
04-23-2006, 03:58 AM
They are not Game Used balls. but here is the beauty of it no one else knows so if ( I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO LIE JUST MAKING A POINT ) you decide to sell them no one else is gonna know the difference anyway!!!

allstarsplus
04-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Many teams use BP balls that have a team stamping, BP stamp or even BLEM stamp on them and most particularly they shouldn't have a rub of mud on them.

For teams that don't mark their BP balls, I don't think there is much of a marketable value of these balls other than maybe $10. There is more of a personal value to anyone that catches one at the ballpark.

The reason on the ball values is that MLB's game used ball program holograms the game used balls other than the HR balls and foul balls and the 3rd out balls that head into the stands.

kylehess10
04-26-2006, 08:11 PM
In my opinion, I think BP balls are considered game used. It's true that they aren't used in the game itself but it was still used by professional athletes.

trsent
04-27-2006, 02:01 PM
In my opinion, I think BP balls are considered game used. It's true that they aren't used in the game itself but it was still used by professional athletes.

Great, but most major league teams mark their batting practice balls with writing of some sort, so they really don't carry much value in the collector marketplace.

If Albert Pujols hits a batting practice home run and you catch the ball, will you then sell it at a "game used Albert Pujols home run ball"?

I didn't think so...