PDA

View Full Version : Mets Collectors must have!!!

suave1477
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I was going through the Mets Auctions and there is an item there that I think is a must have for a Mets fan.

In old threads people have pondered what was the best way to display there items. For example displays, lockers.

Now people here have mentioned buying make shift closets from IKEA which is a great idea.

But I think this is perfect and finally in my opinion a reasonable price.

Even for someone who is not a Mets collector could use this!!

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=103148871&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=103495581

Ozric
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Anyone know of a cheap way to ship one of these... I have been wanting to get one of these, but passed when they were $1,000 as I figured that the shipping would be way too much on top of the $1,000 price. $500 is very reasonable in my opinion if I can get a decent price on the shipping. I called Meigray and asked about shipping charges and they said they would look into it and get back to me. I live in Ohio, so I am just a bit too far away to drive and pick it up. Also, if anyone has one already, please let me know a rough estimate of the dimensions. I guess I need to see if I can fit the freakin thing in my house first though...

Thanks,

Tim

suave1477
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
OZRIC I am not sure of what would be the absolute best way I would assume to have it freight shipped, I think that would be highly costly for a big item/ heavy. But depending where you are in Ohio I would say you could always fly out to New York for a $100, rent a van from a Uhaul which would probably cost you close to a $100, and gas back would cost you about $100.
So all together it would cost you in the range of $300
Just a suggestion

BarryMeisel
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the interest in these lockers.

MeiGray has an account with Roadway Express, and we get a special corporate rate on shipping. So these may be more affordable than you think to ship.

Tim, I just left you a message regarding shipping to your address. It is $215 door-to-door.

Please contact me at your convenience if you would like one.

Thanks, Barry Meisel, MeiGray-Shea Memorabilia

Ozric
05-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out to Barry for all of his help. These lockers are incredible. He actually called me from his cell phone with a tape measure in his warehouse. He took the time to find one for me that fit perfect in my sports room (and made it through my front door). These things have a ton of character as you can see the layers of paint on them from years of being painted over and over. There are a few more listed on mlb.com at $500, which is a bargain in my opinion as they look incredible displayed and filled with equipment. My shipping via freight was just over $200.00. Thanks again Barry...

mskwarek
05-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I was lucky enough to pick up a locker from the Cubs Clubhouse via BIGSTIG and got a chuckle out of the comment regarding fitting the locker through your door. That was my problem.... I forgot to measure the doors prior to purchase and ended up with the locker in my garage for 6 months, while I devised a plan for getting it into the basement. In the end, with caution I was able to take the locker apart and rebuild it in the basement... good as new (if not better as it is far more stable with screws instead of nails).

Mike

http://skwarekfamily.smugmug.com/photos/445636393_bN6fE-S.jpg

http://skwarekfamily.smugmug.com/photos/445626092_uC45g-S.jpg

http://skwarekfamily.smugmug.com/photos/445626228_LZyih-S-1.jpg

http://skwarekfamily.smugmug.com/photos/445625641_WL8bi-S.jpg

metsbats
05-02-2009, 11:25 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out to Barry for all of his help. These lockers are incredible. He actually called me from his cell phone with a tape measure in his warehouse. He took the time to find one for me that fit perfect in my sports room (and made it through my front door). These things have a ton of character as you can see the layers of paint on them from years of being painted over and over. There are a few more listed on mlb.com at $500, which is a bargain in my opinion as they look incredible displayed and filled with equipment. My shipping via freight was just over $200.00. Thanks again Barry...

I was able to see one of the Mets lockers up close today as Barry and his assistant were unloading one out of the truck. Another customer was picking up this locker. They are nice (and big) and i'm tempted to get one now!

skinsfan0521
05-02-2009, 12:35 PM
What is the approximate size of the Mets lockers? I emailed Meigray, but I'm not sure if they respond on weekends or not and figured that I might get a quicker answer on here.

I'm not sure that I really have a place to put something like that, but Ozric if you could post some pics of what it looks like w/your stuff in it, I'd really like to check it out!

Thanks

Ozric
05-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Skinsfan, mine is 36 inches wide, 24 inches deep, and 78 inches high... The really cool thing is that they have these in different sizes. Barry told me that they made these to fit in different spaces within the locker room, so they made them in different sizes depending upon where they needed to fit. I'll try and post a pic tonight. I'm sure that he will be able to get you sizes for what he has left. David, they are well worth it and really look nice. Lots of room in them. Mike, that is way too funny. I almost ordered one without checking the dimensions until someone at work asked me how I was going to get it in my house (duh). Upon measuring, the standard ones were way to big to fit, otherwise mine would have been in place of my car in my garage like yours.

Tim

metsbats
05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
What is the approximate size of the Mets lockers? I emailed Meigray, but I'm not sure if they respond on weekends or not and figured that I might get a quicker answer on here.

I'm not sure that I really have a place to put something like that, but Ozric if you could post some pics of what it looks like w/your stuff in it, I'd really like to check it out!

Thanks

If you go to the MeiGray site and click on the Shea memorabilia link you can get the current inventory & prices. The sizes of all the items are indicated.

The lockers can range from 94X42.5X442.5 to 78X36X34

Hope this helps.

skinsfan0521
05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
metsbats - thanks a lot! That gives all the dimensions of all the ones that they still have available.

Ozric - What are the lockers made out of? They look like metal, but it seems to me that they would be made out of wood, but I can't really tell from the picture in this auction and I can't seem to find any more detailed pictures anywhere either.

Thanks a lot guys!!

metsbats
05-02-2009, 10:53 PM
metsbats - thanks a lot! That gives all the dimensions of all the ones that they still have available.

Ozric - What are the lockers made out of? They look like metal, but it seems to me that they would be made out of wood, but I can't really tell from the picture in this auction and I can't seem to find any more detailed pictures anywhere either.

Thanks a lot guys!!

Skinsfan0521 your welcome.

The lockers are made out of wood. They look like metal on TV. I was surprised to see wood when I saw the one they were unloading today at Citi Field.

BarryMeisel
05-03-2009, 11:30 AM
David,

Nice seeing you yesterday at Citi Field, and thanks for the help providing this info.

If anyone is interested in more info on the lockers, please call me at MeiGray, 888-463-4472.

Our list of lockers still available is viewable from the Excel spreadsheet listed at meigray.com

Thanks, Barry