PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller 'Field of Dreams Collectibles', also known as gameused_2008?

Number9
03-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Anybody know anything about ebay seller 'Field of Dreams Collectibles', also known as gameused_2008?
Not casting any doubts or anything, just asking if anyone has dealt with them, knows anything about them etc.
They seem to have Red Sox GU bats, such as:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-David-Ortiz-Game-Used-Bat_W0QQitemZ320349153699QQihZ011QQcategoryZ60596Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Jason-Varitek-Game-Used-Bat_W0QQitemZ320349155612QQihZ011QQcategoryZ60596Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Manny-Ramirez-Autographed-Game-Used-X-Bat_W0QQitemZ320348773885QQihZ011QQcategoryZ60596Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

If anyone wants to e-mail me directly instead of posting, that would work too.
Thanks

ML
historydogs@yahoo.com

mvandor
03-14-2009, 08:14 AM
80 total sales. On ebay for under a year. Unwisely using a name that intimates they're connected with a well known business, the Field of Dreams retail chain.

Added together, these issues scream "caution" to me.

nationals2k9
03-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Email sent

PwKw13
03-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I sent an e-mail yesterday, and they responded that they are one of the owners of Game Used Sports Online.

Number9
03-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys.

gamecollectibles
03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
To set the record straight
I own the name Field of Dreams Collectibles as well as GameUsed_2008 on Ebay
I also own Game Used Sports Online web site.
We have just started selling items on ebay in the last 8 or 9 months, we had never done this in the past due to the information from our other clients, who have sold game used items, that it was a very time consuming ordeal, to keep up with the questions that arise from the items being sold. and the time it takes to deal with people posting negative stuff, who have no idea what is going on.
The name Field of Dreams was available when I set up the Ebay store front, so we decided to use the name. thats is it, in no way were we looking to make people think we were part of the Field of Dreams company. It is a great name and I couldn't belive it was available. if you look at the store front there is nothing anywhere that states we are part of the company.
(And by the way I have had a dozen people try to buy the name from me already)
And if you would have taken the time to check the feedback, before you post negative stuff, you would have seen that we have 100% positive feedback and have never had a customer complaint on that site or with our Game Used Sports Online site. We go out of our way to make sure every customer is 100% satisfied or we offer a full refund, no questions asked.

As far as our product go we get every item we can directly from the player themselves or we buy them from a very few selected dealers, who we can trust and never have to worry about fake items.

Thanks
Field of Dreams Collectibles
Game Used Sports Online
603-320-2107 prosvr1@comcast.net

Number9
03-14-2009, 05:47 PM
To be fair, I have to let others know that I have been e-mailing this seller today and he has been fantastic. In less than a few hours he has sent me 25 photos, yes 25, and answered several questions, all in a very courteous and prompt manner.

ML

mvandor
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
To set the record straight
I own the name Field of Dreams Collectibles as well as GameUsed_2008 on Ebay
I also own Game Used Sports Online web site.
We have just started selling items on ebay in the last 8 or 9 months, we had never done this in the past due to the information from our other clients, who have sold game used items, that it was a very time consuming ordeal, to keep up with the questions that arise from the items being sold. and the time it takes to deal with people posting negative stuff, who have no idea what is going on.
The name Field of Dreams was available when I set up the Ebay store front, so we decided to use the name. thats is it, in no way were we looking to make people think we were part of the Field of Dreams company. It is a great name and I couldn't belive it was available. if you look at the store front there is nothing anywhere that states we are part of the company.
(And by the way I have had a dozen people try to buy the name from me already)
And if you would have taken the time to check the feedback, before you post negative stuff, you would have seen that we have 100% positive feedback and have never had a customer complaint on that site or with our Game Used Sports Online site. We go out of our way to make sure every customer is 100% satisfied or we offer a full refund, no questions asked.

As far as our product go we get every item we can directly from the player themselves or we buy them from a very few selected dealers, who we can trust and never have to worry about fake items.

Thanks
Field of Dreams Collectibles
Game Used Sports Online
603-320-2107 prosvr1@comcast.net

With all due respect you seem to bit less than knowledgeable on trademark and copyright laws. If the real Field of Dreams retail chain picks up on your business name on ebay, you can expect to hear from their attornies I'm sure.

I'm sure they'll give you a detailed education on the subject.

gamecollectibles
03-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I will waist no more time responding to this issue Happy collecting to all