PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Lofton Game Used Hat Question

ab2384
03-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything that would authenticate a Kenny Lofton game used hat.

I have a chance to buy two of them for a good price but want to make sure they're real first.

They have a number 7 written on the under-side of the brim and have the netting cut out of the inside front of the hat

The indians have also had Joe Inglett wear the number 7 in the past years so I want to make sure it's not his hat instead

the hat is dirty on the back side with dirt, could this be proof to say it's an infielder's hat?

dcgreg25
03-16-2009, 02:14 PM
As a rule, I tend to stay away from GU hats unless they have great provenance (mlb hologram, Steiner, etc),photo match or something else compelling. It is way too easy to write the number on a hat and call it GU by a player. The hats you are looking at very well may be Lofton GU but it I tend to believe that hats are among the most forged items out there.

Unless you are very comfortable with the source, I generally stay away from GU hats. Others on the board may feel differently but that is just my opinion.

The only way to try and authenticate at all would be by matching sizes, style and/or trying to find a photo match.

dcgreg25
03-26-2009, 08:43 AM
I just picked up a 2005 Phillies Lofton GU hat from a fellow forum member with paperwork from the team. ab2384, the hat is a size 7 for your reference.