PDA

View Full Version : Possible new guidelines for monthly pickups thread

cjosefy
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I suggest that we limit the items in the monthly pickups thread to items that are intended for each person's personal collection. I'm tired of people posting an item as their prized new pickup and then seeing it on eBay the same day.

I truly enjoy seeing what other collectors are acquiring for their collections, but I don't care to see anybody's items they pick up with the intent to immediately sell them. It’s a waste of time, and to me it violates the spirit of the community.

Sorry for my mini-rant

gatorcollector
03-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I agree. While we're at it, can we start the threads on the 1st of the month instead of the 27th or 28th of the previous month?

ChrisCavalier
03-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I suggest that we limit the items in the monthly pickups thread to items that are intended for each person's personal collection. I'm tired of people posting an item as their prized new pickup and then seeing it on eBay the same day.

I truly enjoy seeing what other collectors are acquiring for their collections, but I don't care to see anybody's items they pick up with the intent to immediately sell them. It’s a waste of time, and to me it violates the spirit of the community.
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your post. I think it is now quite evident that the pick-up threads are being used by some as an attempt to promote/sell items rather than simply share information.

As such, we will provide more information soon regarding guidelines for these type of posts in the future. We are targeting having something by the end of the month and we provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Chris