PDA

View Full Version : 2008 St. Louis Rams Jerseys

Neely8
03-17-2009, 01:04 PM
As an avid collector of Rams jerseys I just wanted to post some information I recently received which may help out some other collectors. I spoke with Todd Hewitt, the Rams equipment manager, and he informed me the 2008 Rams jerseys do not have the Prova Group tagging. In years past the jerseys had come blank but already have the WeTrak/Prova tagging in the collar and then they are lettered. WeTrak was first used for St. Louis Rams jerseys in 2003 but it is not uncommon to find WeTrak tagging on 2002 strip tagged jerseys since the Rams are notorious for recycling. WeTrak became Prova Group in 2005 and that is when they began using the Prova tagging. It's not that WeTrak/Prova tagging is the end all be all for the legitimacy of Rams jerseys though. I have seen quite a few inconsistencies with the system and jerseys with serial numbers that do not correspond to what they are but from what I understand 2008 St. Louis Rams game worn jerseys will not have it. So if you encounter a 2008 game worn St. Louis Rams jersey without the Prova tagging that does not mean it may not be legit.

mvandor
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Wonder why they backed out of the program? $?