PDA

View Full Version : Indians GU sale

mattmueller
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM
On a trip to Progressive Field this afternoon, I stopped by the team store and they are having a sale on their game used items. The employees mentioned that they are going to be boxing up the GU items for the summer, starting perhaps as early as Friday. If anybody is interested in any of the items, please let me know and I will see if I can help out.

Tons of common jerseys, home white, road alternate dark blue, regular road, both Cool Base and regular. The only "star" player I can recall was an Andy Marte alt road. Prices on most of these were $90, some were $115. There were also some throwback jerseys (Sowers, Byrd) hanging on the wall, prices on those were likely resonable too.

Most interesting of the bunch were the 2007 home jerseys where many players wore #14 to honor Larry Doby. There were Peralta, Blake, and Wedge jerseys, used and autographed for $250.

There were also a bunch of hats - I didn't have a chance to look at names or prices. A ton of scorecards were also available, ones I saw were $25 each - not sure that they would price any dates differently.

Please email me if you have an interest in any of these, and I will see if I can help in obtaining any of them.

Matt

perlman9
03-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I was just up in Cleveland today for work and didn't even think to stop in! Can you price the Throwbacks if you get a chance? I would love a Doby to go with a 42 Jackie Robinson but may not be able to go $250. Do they have a lot of players available?

dcgreg25
03-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Matt, Email sent. Thanks!

TAFKADixie
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I would be shocked if they had anything, but he is on the 40 man roster. I'd take a Tony Sipp jersey if it was available.

gannonknight85
03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
thanks for the heads up matt, i took an unplanned trip to cleveland just because of your post and endded up scoring a few deals at the team shop, which i will share in the march pick ups thread but to quickly recall i got 2 jerseys (blue alt. guiterrez, and throwback raffy perez) along with a guitz hat and a pronk hat. Thanks again for keeping us in mind when you see stuff like this. By the way the lady at the team shop said they were packing stuff up tommorow and when asked what will happen to it, she gave wind of a rumored indians garage sale this summer, i can only hope we will be so lucky.

Andy

cordovacollector
03-19-2009, 05:33 PM
I would be interested in the Casey Blake/Doby but it would have to be closer to $100.

Would also be interested in anything of Cordova that might happen to still be there.

Thank you!

fjordhorses@bevcomm.net

mattmueller
03-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Just to be clear to answer a some of the emails I have received - I am not purchasing these items on the cheap and asking to resell them at a profit. I am simply volunteering time out of my day to walk there, make purchases for people who aren't in the area, and upon payment ship items to them. I am doing so at cost of item, tax, and my best guess at shipping charges. Asking me to reduce the price to $xx isn't going to do any good, I am not making any money on it and am certainly not going to eat money on it.

Note, not directed at Cordova, but other more ridiculous emails I have received.

Matt

perlman9
03-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Matt got me a Paul Byrd and really am appreciative! Thanks!!!

dcgreg25
03-20-2009, 08:14 AM
TAFKADixie, there is a Tony Sipp BP jersey on Ebay right now. The item # is 230331515925. FYI I am not the seller and have not done any research as to the authenticity but wanted to give you a heads up.

TAFKADixie
03-20-2009, 05:07 PM
TAFKADixie, there is a Tony Sipp BP jersey on Ebay right now. The item # is 230331515925. FYI I am not the seller and have not done any research as to the authenticity but wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up a Sipp Buffalo Bisons w/NOB last night on there for $58 shipped so I think I'll skip the BP w/o for $85 minimum. Again, thanks for looking out!