PDA

View Full Version : NBA jersey: Which one is correct?

kingjammy24
03-20-2009, 11:35 PM
1990-91 mike brown jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190294947886

1990-91 mike brown jersey. different nob, different number fonts, different tagging:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250379500292

rudy.

33bird
03-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Well, it was a transition year from Sandknit to Champion-but Zane's jersey has the typical tagging that you see from 1990-91. That's the only year you see that kind of Champion tagging.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

Fred
03-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Both jerseys are correct.As greg mentioned Champion took over as Sand-Knit went out of business.On some of the champion jerseys the Sand-Knit tag was removed and replaced with a Champion tag.The jerseys that Champion made later that year did not have an exclusive tag.As for the lettering,Mike Brown was with Utah for the whole season.Late in the season Utah acquired Tony Brown from the Lakers.The letters had a steeper arch due to the extra letter(M) on the jersey.

trsent
03-23-2009, 03:14 AM
There are so many reasons why each would make a great buy, as personally I prefer vintage Sand Knit jerseys, but the Champion jersey that offers a first initial is really cool.

trsent
03-23-2009, 09:09 PM
There are so many reasons why each would make a great buy, as personally I prefer vintage Sand Knit jerseys, but the Champion jersey that offers a first initial is really cool.

I am so confused, why is my post being edited?

I now assume the first time the staff of Game Used Universe removed my post and when I posted again, figuring that I forgot to hit "Submit Reply" that they then edited my post.

I emailed Chris today, but did not receive a reply so I figured my concerns were not being viewed. I thought we were to stand behind our posts, so why would such a neat post discussing which jersey would be best to buy would be edited and removed? I didn't break any rules, so what is going on here?

All I did was say it would be fun for us to discuss, with Rudy, which of the two jerseys he would now buy since the comments have shown that both jerseys appear genuine for different reasons.

Why would such comments be removed and/or edited? Is there a special rule being violated on this forum be opening a discussion further so that everyone can help Rudy decide which jersey he questioned he should now buy since the public had helped show him evidence that both jerseys may be genuine for different reasons?

If the staff of Game Used Universe wishes to edit posts they should at least email the posting party and explain why so any rule violations are not repeated.

ChrisCavalier
03-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Joel,

Your post was edited because it was viewed as baiting Rudy which you have done previously here as well. There was nowhere in Rudy’s post where he mentioned he was interested in buying the jerseys. He was asking the question to understand which jersey was correct and it is a question that would also benefit others reading the thread. You have made similar comments about Rudy’s buying habits before and we were not interested in the thread being turned a back and forth about what Rudy would buy rather than it being focused on the issue that has educational value to the community.

In fact, we were not the only ones that felt that way. Here is an excerpt from another post that was also deleted in response to your initial post:

“I think Rudy was asking a valid question. I know if I was interested in the jerseys I'd have no idea what to think after seeing two different styles from the same year. Is one a fake? Are they both fakes? Are they both real? If you're uninformed about both companies making the jerseys, then people would have questions. Why do you insist on always trying to cause problems and pick on Rudy and others? Its difficult to read interesting posts when you come on and try and belittle people….”

In the future, if you would like to post here we would ask that you stay focused on trying to help educate other collectors instead of trying to turn things into something personal. We have little interest in having to go into threads and clean them up of the personal spats you seem to want to create. Your post was edited to allow for your opinions of the jerseys. If your true intent was to add your opinion than you should have no issue with the edit. The fact that you have tried to make things personal before is what lead to the other member’s comments as well as both posts being removed.

I hope that answers your question. I was busy with some urgent matters yesterday but you can email me directly today if you wish to speak further.

trsent
03-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Joel,

Your post was edited because it was viewed as baiting Rudy which you have done previously here as well. There was nowhere in Rudy’s post where he mentioned he was interested in buying the jerseys. He was asking the question to understand which jersey was correct and it is a question that would also benefit others reading the thread. You have made similar comments about Rudy’s buying habits before and we were not interested in the thread being turned a back and forth about what Rudy would buy rather than it being focused on the issue that has educational value to the community.

In fact, we were not the only ones that felt that way. Here is an excerpt from another post that was also deleted in response to your initial post:

“I think Rudy was asking a valid question. I know if I was interested in the jerseys I'd have no idea what to think after seeing two different styles from the same year. Is one a fake? Are they both fakes? Are they both real? If you're uninformed about both companies making the jerseys, then people would have questions. Why do you insist on always trying to cause problems and pick on Rudy and others? Its difficult to read interesting posts when you come on and try and belittle people….”

In the future, if you would like to post here we would ask that you stay focused on trying to help educate other collectors instead of trying to turn things into something personal. We have little interest in having to go into threads and clean them up of the personal spats you seem to want to create. Your post was edited to allow for your opinions of the jerseys. If your true intent was to add your opinion than you should have no issue with the edit. The fact that you have tried to make things personal before is what lead to the other member’s comments as well as both posts being removed.

I hope that answers your question. I was busy with some urgent matters yesterday but you can email me directly today if you wish to speak further.

Chris, I am sorry you felt I was baiting Rudy - I was creating a serious discussion over which jersey should be bought as I assumed he was debating between the two jerseys when he made his post.

No where did he say he was asking his question for educational purposes.

I have no problems with Rudy, I was not picking on him or baiting him and I find it hard to believe that you feel this way. I may not have always seen eye to eye with Rudy, but I have praised him time and time again on this forum and maybe everyone should take a step back and mellow out before thinking someone is baiting someone by discussing a theory - In this case the theory of which jersey Rudy should buy (if not both) since they both came back with reasonable reasons.

Some people cannot accept my posts as they always are on pins and needles about anything I may say, but I was not trying to bait anyone - I was trying to make a discussion about which jersey of the two should be bought since they both came back with great explanations to why each should be authentic.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now, back to the discussion. If someone wanted a Mike Brown jersey from this season, which would you buy?

I personally think I like the Sand-Knit, but again, the fact that the other jersey has a first initial makes it very unique. Tough decision, as the price is slightly higher for the Sand-Knit so I think I would lean in that direction.

otismalibu
03-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Now, back to the discussion. If someone wanted a Mike Brown jersey from this season, which would you buy?

I'd buy the Sand-Knit. Older is better and Sand-Knit trumps Champion in my books.

Also, one auction has multiple detailed photos, the other does not.

Last time I asked that seller a question, he finally got around to telling me that he didn't actually have the jersey yet. It was a Mastro win & flip...AKA one from my personal collection of 2000 :)