PDA

View Full Version : Another AROD Home Run Ball on Ebay!!

suave1477
03-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Here goes another one of those famous AROD Home Run Balls that Elite pumped out.

Although the wording on the LOA may mislead some people to think it is a Home Run ball, it does state on this loa that it is a Game Used Ball.

But the seller lists this ball as the actual ball????:confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-A-Rod-Actual-GU-Home-Run-Baseball-NYY_W0QQitemZ250389848458QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item250389848458&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

suave1477
03-21-2009, 07:43 PM
I emailed the seller and asked him if he was aware that this is not the actual ball that AROD hit for the Home Run.

This was his response:

"Dear Sir,
I have been through this before, this is indeed the homerun ball, I have had many discussions with Elite and the auction house I bought it from for $800 in 2003, this is THE home run ball!"

So here is what I find interesting even though MLB Claims this is not the actual ball and just another game used ball, he still insists it's the actual ball because of what Elite told him and an Auction house (Mind you the auction house is basically going on Elite's word)

Also that he was so convinced from when he so called bid on it the first time that it was the ball, that he went back and questioned them???

tigerdale
03-21-2009, 07:46 PM
it is sad that they misled people w/ their descriptions, the MLB description hopefully is enough to let people know its not the real deal..

suave1477
03-21-2009, 08:46 PM
GUYS YOUR GONNA LOVE THIS HIS STORY IS GETTING GOOD. STOP ME!! WHEN HE IS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE!!!:D

So I asked him basically what I said in my last post. How could this be the ball if MLB has it listed as just another game used ball.

This was his response:

"MLB states that this is a ball that was used in the game, and the auction house I bought it from had it on consignment from the gentlemen who CAUGHT the ball, then got it authenticated from ELITE ! So once again this IS with out question the homerun ball, I have done my research on this for days before I bought it, this is the ball !"

So basically what he is saying is (Some average Joe) caught this Home Run ball handed it over to MLB to authenticate which in turn they listed it as Game Used Ball. Then he sent it to Elite to Authenticate it (Mind you after MLB already did) Which Elite does not do authenticating!!! And there would be no way to authenticate a Home Run ball unless there was video or a picture of this exact ball being caught. And then turned around and consigned it to an Auction house??????

I responded already with basically what I said here. I can't wait to hear his new response!!:D

suave1477
03-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow he's getting quicker, I already got 2 emails from him.

this was his response back to my question and then he followed it with another email.

First response:
"Look, I bought this is a Home Run ball and selling it as a home run ball. If you dont like the ball then don't bid on it"

Follow up email:
"I sold this ball for $700 in the summer and had to keep it due to a Non-Paying bidder, and I am putting in up again."

suicide_squeeze
03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
If he's lucky, maybe this time he'll get a $450.00 non-paying winning bidder.

gingi79
03-21-2009, 11:37 PM
This guy's reputation in Hockey Game Worn circles is worse than Lou Lampson. Retarded-once-more has sold notorious fakes and is responsible for Buffalo NY becoming a "suspicious" place to buy things from. His affiliation for S&K has resulted in the banning of numerous members from hockey board for calling him out. If you are serious about weeding out the bad people from out hobby, he should be on top of your list.

Go to gamewornjerseys.com and look up Tony aka Buffalo Norseman or BN.

I wouldn't buy a jersey from him if it was the holy grail itself!

AVOID THIS CRIMINAL

suave1477
03-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Some poor boob just won it for $326.

And he is probably thinking he just made the score of a lifetime.

Oh well!!:rolleyes:

suicide_squeeze
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Some poor boob just won it for $326.

And he is probably thinking he just made the score of a lifetime.

Oh well!!:rolleyes:

HEY.......a $326.00 NON-paying WINNER!!! Now we're TALKING!!!;)