PDA

View Full Version : CCM NHL Jersey

TOYOTATruck07
03-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Hey guys,
I am looking into purchasing Colorado Avalanche jersey made by CCM in cancada, I was wondering how to determine if it is game used or game worn as opposed to a retail jersey. Any help on what to look for would be great! thanks

gingi79
03-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Besides the obvious things like board burns, stickmarks and repairs you mean? :p

Many players make minor modifications to their shirts in hockey but for the most part, players wear store bought authentic jerseys on the ice.

The first give away between replica and authentic would be the fight strap. Size in hockey usually start at 48 and go up to 60G (goalie) No hockey team size Wayne Gretzky left Edmonton have worn letter sizes (S, M, L, etc)

Many teams are registered with MeiGray for their game worn jerseys. However, the sweatshops have noticed this and are now including them in their eBay auctions. The usually have the word "Group" misspelled as "Groop" and the tag number is for a GI , a Penguin player from the Winter Classic game in 2007.

Avoid eBay for your shirt. There are more fakes there than Chinatown.

Most people know what they have and won't lable a game worn as an authentic so you should be safe. Any other questions? email me at gingi79@aol.com