PDA

View Full Version : Add length to Jerseys

joelsabi
03-22-2009, 07:03 PM
How can you verify the added length to the jersey. Anyone measured this or take the word of the label.

Where can the length be added? to sleeves? to the part the pants that is tucked in? Are there separate label if both occur?

allstarsplus
03-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Where can the length be added? to sleeves? to the part the pants that is tucked in? Are there separate label if both occur?

They can add length to the sleeve or even shorten it. The tag would say + or - (# of inches) Sleeve.

They can do the same with the overall length of the jersey but the tag would just be + or - (# of inches) Length

This is more specific to modern jerseys.

suicide_squeeze
03-22-2009, 07:20 PM
They can add length to the sleeve or even shorten it. The tag would say + or - (# of inches) Sleeve.

They can do the same with the overall length of the jersey but the tag would just be + or - (# of inches) Length

This is more specific to modern jerseys.

.......And there is usually a seperate tag for each if they occur.

suicide_squeeze
03-22-2009, 07:21 PM
......"separate"........:o

allstarsplus
03-22-2009, 07:23 PM
.......And there is usually a seperate tag for each if they occur.

Absolutely!!! ;)

joelsabi
03-22-2009, 07:42 PM
andrew thanks on the reply.

i have found tags labeled "sleeve" and another "body". any other tags?

also do you know if the length is added to a preexisting jersey or are they specially cut jerseys.

island_style
03-24-2009, 04:29 AM
also do you know if the length is added to a preexisting jersey or are they specially cut jerseys.

Hi, Joel.

I found this Giants jersey in my collection that has a 2" extra sleeve length tag. Looking at the sleeves, it has a couple extra rows of stitching near the ends. I don't know if this is the added sleeve length, but it doesn't seem like 2" (more like an inch). Hope it is visible in the pictures.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

joelsabi
03-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi, Joel.

I found this Giants jersey in my collection that has a 2" extra sleeve length tag. Looking at the sleeves, it has a couple extra rows of stitching near the ends. I don't know if this is the added sleeve length, but it doesn't seem like 2" (more like an inch). Hope it is visible in the pictures.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

ron,

thanks for the example.

anyone else can show us some more examples?

MikeM
03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
anyone else can show us some more examples?

Here's another