PDA

View Full Version : GUU's own MetsBats

MRMusial
03-23-2009, 08:47 PM
I just came across a great article about GUU's own MetsBats. I hadn't seen it before so I thought I'd share with others that hadn't seen it either.

Awesome collection, David!

http://www.psacard.com/smrweb/backissues/smr0504/collector.chtml

metsbats
03-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Man the old adage "what goes around comes around" is true as couple of weeks ago I did the same thing to BMH:D

But seriously thanks Mike!

allstarsplus
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Very nice. Congrats!!!

Swoboda4
03-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Very nice article David. You probably explained this before but what got you interested in Hearn? I Sent you an e-mail
Robert

island_style
03-24-2009, 04:47 AM
David has helped me through the years with some key jerseys and bats for my collection. From my experience, he's one of the good guys in our hobby. I'm glad to see he's getting positive recognition outside the Forum!

Way to go, David!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Kid4hof03
03-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Great article! David has also been a great help to me over the years, haven't found a better person in the hobby. I will say this though, it really hurts to see that Gary Carter 250th Home Run bat, the one that got away!

Abe

dcgreg25
03-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Great article!! Congrats David on a great collection.

dcrules01
03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
David is a great guy and I have a wonderful awesome fantastic 88 Wally Backman gamer bat in my collection thanks to him...It was my pleasure to help him Jessie and Nick out on a lot of bats that were auctioned off last year by Robert Edwards auction.I am honored that I was included..They are all top notch friends in my book..

kswarriors
03-24-2009, 05:43 PM
This hobby needs a thousand more guys just like David Louie. What must be at least 5 years ago now, David sold me a Gary Carter game used bat from Carter's one year with the Dodgers for my Dodgers bat collection. Not only is that a tough bat to find, but the use evident on the bat is unparalleled. That is a bat I cherish even to this day, and hope that someday my 2-year-old son will appreciate half as much as I do. David, thank you again and congratulations on the article.

Derrick.

metsbats
03-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks all for the kind words:o

That article is actually almost 5 years old (May 2004)

As far as my interest in Ed Hearn, in 1998 I emailed Ed regarding some bats of his I had and asked if I can send them thru the mail to him for him to sign them. Several months later he emailed me back saying that he was going to be in NYC and was willing to meet me to sign the bats and anything else I had. We arranged to meet at my job (Bear Stearns at the time) and I lugged 4 bats, cards, photos,etc from my apartment in Manhattan thru the subway to work that day. Ed came and signed everything and talked to me and my coworkers for about an hour. Ever since then we've kept in touch.

Ed's story is unique and a real inspirational story. He spent one year on the 86 Mets World Championship team and got traded for David Cone in spring training of 87. He appeared in a couple of games in 87 and got injured and subsequently lost a once promising baseball career. Several years later he was diagnoised with kidney disease and has had 3 kidney transplants and a bout with cancer. He has spent the last 15 years traveling the Country as a motivational speaker telling his story and inspiring others.