PDA

View Full Version : Corey Hart 2002 Minors Jersey

mattmueller
03-25-2009, 05:36 AM
I looked in the Rawlings tag primer for the type of Rawlings tag shown on the jersey below. The primer seems to indicate this type of Rawlings tag was used until 1999. I know minor league jerseys are recycled a bit, but does a three year gap seem to make sense? Also, all tags in the primer have a numbered size tag, whereas the item below appears to be sized "Adult"?. The item is offered with a LOA from the Huntsville Stars, so just curious if anybody has seen similar tagging on minor league jerseys.

Matt

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotImages/1343a_lg.jpeg

gwh11
03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Matt,
I once owned a Beloit Snappers Rickie Weeks jersey (from 2003, if I remember correctly) that had similar tagging. I obtained it directly from the club.
Guy

ahuff
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
The tagging matches some of my Minor League jerseys (including the Adult tag). The jersey I have also has the # size on a seperate tag. When it comes to minor league jerseys, I find that "typically" teams will use jerseys for 3 seasons. This could explain older tagging. Now, if it is a superstar, teams are more often creating an extra jersey (I have found up to 10 extra jerseys) for that player to wear.