Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Yankee game in 2009

So I'm planning on taking my family to the new Yankee Stadium and went on line to www.yankees.com to check out some tickets. I punched in for the second game ever verses Cleveland on Aug 17th and asked for the best seats available.

I got back 4 field level tickets for a whopping $900 per ticket

Needless to say I'm going to shoot for some bleacher tickets unless the $900 tickets allows one to sit on Jeter's lap between innnings!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Yankee game in 2009

Thats why you never punch in best available because it's always the highest priced ones. I just bought two for the first game against the cubs for $47 each(up in the tier's by 3rd base).

Comment

• Skillz
      • Jul 2008

Bleacher are the most fun anyway!

Comment

• yanks12025
        • Jan 2006

I have a quick question and maybe someone can help me out. I bought my two tickets from stubhub and i did the print at home. When i printed them they both came out on two pages. Is that fine or should i make them smaller to fit on one page. When i make them smaller the bar code gets smaller and i don't know if that would mess anything up. Thanks

Comment

• kylehess10
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by metsbats
          unless the $900 tickets allows one to sit on Jeter's lap between innings!

A-Rod already purchased season tickets for those seats
          kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
          http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

Now I know why Yankee fans get so mad when their team doesn't make it into the playoffs! At those prices you expect to see a winning team.
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• bigtime59
              • Nov 2005

Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore: it's cheaper to pay for transportation, hotel and seats here than it is for just the seats there. It will be very interesting to see if the Yankee$ have pulled the same moronic stunt the Nationals did last year and priced their most prominent seats into emptiness.
              Mark
              msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• BULBUS
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by bigtime59
                Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore: it's cheaper to pay for transportation, hotel and seats here than it is for just the seats there. It will be very interesting to see if the Yankee$ have pulled the same moronic stunt the Nationals did last year and priced their most prominent seats into emptiness.
                ??????? ........ Not all seats are $900. Yes, that is ridiculous, and yes, they will probably be empty for a lot of the games, but most seats in the stadium are priced on par with other stadiums.
                Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                sigpic
                donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BULBUS
                  ??????? ........ Not all seats are $900. Yes, that is ridiculous, and yes, they will probably be empty for a lot of the games, but most seats in the stadium are priced on par with other stadiums.
                  Bulbus I am not sure if they are on par with other stadiums but even as a Yankee fan myself the new prices are outrageous

Here is comparison prices
                  2008 I sat in the rightfiled first row - purchased ticket from the Yankees $5
                  2009 same seat - $60

Year before I bought great tickets for face value from a member here for I believe was about $50 or $60 a ticket about 20 rows back from the field between home and third
                  2009 same seat - $150

Tell me there isn't something deeply wrong here???

Now people can argue well the bleacher seats or upper deck mezzanine seats are not that expensive. But guess what?? I dont want to sit there!!
                  In the last stadium I was not forced to sit there because even as expensive as they were back then, they were still somewhat affordable.

I am not saying I can't afford these prices but the truth of it is I don't want to pay these prices and it is not fair that I cannot enjoy the game from the seats I prefer because the Yankees outrageously raised up there ticket prices.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by bigtime59
                    Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore
                    Wow, glad to know that my spending dollars are welcomed in Charm City!

Comment

• stretch
                      • Mar 2009

I noticed stubhub was mentioned, but I want you guys/girls to save as much money is possible, so this is for the ones that don't know about cash back.

If you sign up here you can get cash back on many places you might do business at online.

Example: Stubhub offers 4.0% back

You would need to sign up with the site below and make sure you click on the cash back part of the respected business.

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Maybe some of you can get some use out it.

Comment

• yanks12025
                        • Jan 2006

suave1477,
                        Was your $5 first row in the upper deck, because the tickets right down by the field were alot more than $5.

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by yanks12025
                          suave1477,
                          Was your $5 first row in the upper deck, because the tickets right down by the field were alot more than $5.
                          No mine were right down by the field about 2 seats to the left of the foul pole. I was pissed too because I missed catching Posada's Home Run

it hit the cement inches in front of em and bounced back onto the field.

I actually seen a video on mlb of the home run and if you do not blink your eye you can actually see me sticking my hand out to catch the ball lol lol

Comment

• yanks12025
                            • Jan 2006

Well you go lucky then because when ever i went to the seating and pricing they were always listed at around $40-45.

And the upper deck aint that bad if you get them around home-plate.

Comment

• BULBUS
                              • Nov 2005

well, i just checked out the ticket pricing, and i use to go to about 20 games a season in the 90's. then after winning a few world series, ticket prices went up and i stopped going. what i paid 25 bucks for in 1996, is now around $250 (300 on gameday).

i also checked the mets pricing and if you go to a "premium" game, their prices are higher than the yanks.

unless someone gives me free tickets, i'm only going to one game this year. my friend has the sunday plan, and i bought a pair from him, 45 buck a tickets for lower uppers. i'll just keep watching on tv in hd.
                              Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                              sigpic
                              donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

Working...