Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Authentic helmet? Not sure how to tell if the helmet is real. But, I do question Arod authenticating this helmet being used in 1994, two years later.

Regards,

Tony
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Did you ask for the date code in the wheel.

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by yanks12025
      No. I will do that. Thanks!
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

There are lots of good markings on the outside of the helmet. Hopefully you can photomatch!!!
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• Rboitano
          • Nov 2005

What did you end up finding out about your home run bat?

Comment

• kingjammy24
            • Nov 2005

the date code would be interesting to know.

anyway, in 1994 many MLB teams wore a gold MLB 125 Anniversary sticker on the back of their helmets. (it was a copy of the patch they wore on their jerseys). here's a pic of griffey showing the sticker:

is it possible that the sticker was removed for re-use the following year? sure. i don't know much about helmets but i do know that personally i like to match up the exact stickers in the exact order they appear, and the number fonts. i've seen different orders in the same year but i still like to look for the same order. eg: if the stickers go uniform number/mlb logo/ABC logo or mlb logo/uniform number/ABC logo. i've noticed orders change from year to year. sometimes they put the numbers on top of the mlb logo/abc logo. sometimes to the left or the right. i think the order sometimes helps date a helmet. anyway, i noticed the ebay helmet has the single mlb/abc sticker (as opposed to those 2 logos being 2 separate stickers as they were in previous years). i know the single sticker was used around the 1994 time frame. not sure when exactly it stopped being used.

rudy.

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

Date created: 12 Jun 1994

Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• thomecollector
                • May 2006

Looks good to me. Besides I have never heard anything bad about the guys at Coast To Coast. Good luck.
                Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• godwulf
                  • Aug 2007

I'm always blown away when I see something that's obviously going to sell for at least moderately big bucks, listed with a starting bid of - in this case - $14.99, or something ridiculous like that. Yeah, I know, they're just trying to save on listing fees...but what would happen if all the ARod fans, waiting in the weeds to snipe, suddenly experienced a power failure, or slept through their alarms, or - and I know this is really far out - had a chance to get laid, and didn't get to bid...and somebody bought this helmet for 35 bucks and change?
                  Jeff
                  godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by godwulf
                    I'm always blown away when I see something that's obviously going to sell for at least moderately big bucks, listed with a starting bid of - in this case - $14.99, or something ridiculous like that. Yeah, I know, they're just trying to save on listing fees...but what would happen if all the ARod fans, waiting in the weeds to snipe, suddenly experienced a power failure, or slept through their alarms, or - and I know this is really far out - had a chance to get laid, and didn't get to bid...and somebody bought this helmet for 35 bucks and change?
                    This helmet actually sold for around $450 on ebay a few months ago. Winner never paids, so the seller relisted it.
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• godwulf
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 3arod13
                      This helmet actually sold for around $450 on ebay a few months ago. Winner never paids, so the seller relisted it.
                      As an ARod fan, do you think - honestly - that the recent news about his steroid use will affect what this helmet sells for, this time?
                      Jeff
                      godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• 3arod13
                        • Apr 2006

Seller stated: The arrow is pointing at 5 and in the middle it says 93. Thanks!

Now, doesn't this mean 1993? So this could easily be a 1993 helmet that Arod never used, correct?

Tony
                        Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• yanks12025
                          • Jan 2006

Tony,
                          Do you think it could have been a carry over or something. Also is the autograph legit. Because i was wondering maybe someone switched helmets.

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Tony,
                            Do you think it could have been a carry over or something. Also is the autograph legit. Because i was wondering maybe someone switched helmets.
                            The signature is 100% authentic! It being 93, explains why the 1994 anniversary sticker is missing, as Rudy mentioned.

Who was #3 for Seattle in 93? Not sure what to think about helpmet.

Tony
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Bondsgloves
                              • Aug 2007

Funny, this is the third Arod rookie batting helmet I have seen for sale. They are all the same colors, but they are not the same helmets. How many rookie helmets are out there?

One sold in Lelands auction.

Comment

Working...