PDA

View Full Version : Question on Tom Brady Gamer

DoctorLoomis
03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=20669

This one was easy to spot. In the GF Auction, look at the length of the sleeves. Focus on how close the chin of the Patriot comes to the hem line in the side view photo. Secondly, in the side view of the jersey, look at the stitching in the waist hem line. It is very "wavy"....this will come into play in a moment. I went to Getty Images and I have posted at least one photo from every single regular season and post season game that Brady played in in the 2006-2007 season. It does not take a rocket scientist to plainly see the sleeves on a genuine Brady gamer are much shorter than the auction shirt. Also, in a few photos you can see the waist hem stitching to be totally different which only further serves to impeach the Brady fake. I wonder if GF will pull this shirt or at least change the listing???

Photos in this post are from Sep. 17th, 2006 to Dec. 17th, 2006

DoctorLoomis
03-31-2009, 11:34 PM
These photos are from Dec. 24th, 2006 to Jan. 21st, 2007

Getty Images has served to completely flunk this Brady shirt.

DoctorLoomis
03-31-2009, 11:51 PM
I apologize that I did not point out in each photo the evidence that impeaches the fake. I have done so in this photo.....and it applies as you can plainly see to all other pictures.

DoctorLoomis
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM

trsent
04-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey Doctor, long time.

Just wondering, what was the reply you received when you emailed your concerns about this jersey to Grey Flannel?

DoctorLoomis
04-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi Joel....yeah my dad has been battling cancer for quite sometime now. I havent been around the hobby for months. As for the jersey, I will contact GF tomorrow. Theres absolutely no way they can refute the evidence....but we will see.

DoctorLoomis
04-01-2009, 12:44 AM
BTW....the Manning shirt in the GF auction is no good either..........

lund6771
04-01-2009, 12:57 AM
what I don't get is how they can truely think that this thing is real?...I mean it's no secret that the Patriots are one of THE toughest teams to get a jersey from....but yet it seems they have a Brady jersey in every auction?...If they really believe that there is a good chance of this being real, the minimum bid would be much higher....what a joke

trsent
04-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Hi Joel....yeah my dad has been battling cancer for quite sometime now. I havent been around the hobby for months. As for the jersey, I will contact GF tomorrow. Theres absolutely no way they can refute the evidence....but we will see.

I am sorry to hear of your father's illness. I have had a similar situation with my father battling cancer over the past 4-5 years. He appears to have beaten it for now, but it was not a good situation for a long time.

I hope Grey Flannel uses your evidence and corrects any errors.

nyjetsfan14
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
what I don't get is how they can truely think that this thing is real?...I mean it's no secret that the Patriots are one of THE toughest teams to get a jersey from....but yet it seems they have a Brady jersey in every auction?...If they really believe that there is a good chance of this being real, the minimum bid would be much higher....what a joke

Another question is why would somebody contemplate purchasing a modern jersey (especially one of this magnitude) without an NFL, team, or player COA? I know, some think these items still get out the back door somehow (which I think is much less than others tend to believe) but why chance it? Not that I go out of my way to collect modern Jets items but if and when I do my rule is no NFL, team, or player COA than no $. Happy collecting