PDA

View Full Version : Is Hunt Auctions Reliable?

Skillz
04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Any issues with them anybody?

yanks12025
04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
One of the best out there.

sammy
04-01-2009, 03:39 PM
A class act.

Up there with Robert Edward Auctions.

Skillz
04-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Okay thanks, I'm looking at one of their auctions but a little concerned with the wording on the LOA. It states that the jersey is a "professional model road jersey" and "jersey shows light to moderate usage and wash wear: EX-MT." My concern is that nowhere does it say that the jersey was worn by the player. For all I know it could be a game issued washed once or never even worn/washed. Also the sizing is different from what I've normally seen.

shoremen44
04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I have noticed with Hunt that they no longer refer to most of their stuff as game-worn, or game-used, but "professional model"

Skillz
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Okay thanks, I just searched their completed items for "jersey" and it appears they refer to all jerseys like that now, even ones with GAME WORN inscriptions. BTW the most recent March auction was filled with some absolute steals... must be because of the down economy.

David
04-01-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't believe REA refers to bats or jerseys as gamed in the headlines, though probably does in the description.

TriplexXxSports
04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I just got a couple of gamers, or 'professional model', from their last auction. They happened to lose my money order which delayed shipment by a couple of weeks but I was fully comp'd and the jerseys were great.

I think that they are one of the best out there. I would recommend them to anyone.:D

allstarsplus
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I like Hunt and bid in all of their auctions. The variety of items they have is great and prices always seem reasonable.

They are behind on technology on the live auction format in my opinion as you always have to fill in repetitive information on each lot you bid on. I bid on 5 lots in the upcoming basketball auction and I had to put in my name, address, etc for each bid. Not a huge deal but a little software upgrade would help a lazy typer like me.

Also, they don't typically authenticate the items they get in consignment so you need to do your homework. VintageDeputy and I were going to bid on the Lasting Milledge Team USA items in the last auction and we noticed the jersey sizing was a XXL and there is no way he would have been that size, but it certainly could have been a typo.