PDA

View Full Version : Bmh-help!!! Dykstra's 1993 World Series Bats

hblakewolf
04-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Hello Brian-

As an avid Phillies game used equipment collector, I had the opportunity directly after the Series to purchase Dykstra's complete game worn 1993 World Series road outfit-jersey, pants, hat, fielding glove, batting gloves, spikes, belt and socks. During this purchase, I was also offered 5 game used 2-tone Louisville Sluggers, each with an inscription by Dykstra as to being used in the World Series and also which Home Run was hit with the particular bat. Dykstra also provided LOA's with all bats and also my equipment. When questioned, Dykstra noted that he never used the World Series issued bats he received, and actually returned them to Louisville. He said he used his regular season bats. A thread was previously started on this:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=2283&highlight=dykstra+bats

Currently on Ebay, a Dykstra "WORLD SERIES" gamer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-Phillies-Lenny-Dykstra-Game-Used-World-Series-Bat_W0QQitemZ250400142704QQihZ015QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When seeking additional information from this seller, he noted that "Dykstra acknowledged the bat as real".

Brian, can you provide any insight to Dykstra using regular season bats and the possibility he returned his World Series bats to Louisville? Likewise, if any Forum reader can locate the auction where his 5 regular season bats he used in the World Sereis were offered, it's appreciated.

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Swoboda4
04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
This does not answer your question I feel, but is there the possiblity that(save that he didn't return them immediately) he used them during BP to avoid the possibility of cracking his regular season gamers? As there appears to be some use. World Series(BP) baseball imprints/strike marks on the barrell?
By the way I know,like you said,Lenny would sell W.S. items after a Series was over. That is true. He did that in '86 with a friend of mine. And I believe one of the items was a bat if I'm not mistaken. I will ask if the bat was regular season or not.

metsbats
04-02-2009, 10:54 AM
In the 86 WS I believe Dkystra used his regular season LV M110 model bats. HB didn't make WS bats other than souviner model WS bats.

The only manufacturer who made 86 prod model WS bats was Rawlings and I do have a Dkystra Rawlings unused 86 WS bat. He autographed it only with his name and uniform number.

metsbats
04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Robert,

If your friend still has the bat Dykstra gave him after the 86 Series check to see if the bat has any red ball marks as the 86 WS balls were printed with red lettering, logos. That would be one of the ways to determine if the bat was used in the 86 WS.

BMH
04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I honestly have no way to tell if he returned them or not. When we do get bats back like that we usually destroy them.

hblakewolf
04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I honestly have no way to tell if he returned them or not. When we do get bats back like that we usually destroy them.

Brian-

I appreciate you replying to this question.

Thaks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net