PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield may have a Home!!

suave1477
04-03-2009, 08:20 AM
It was rumored yesterday on MLB that Sheff has been in negotiations with the Reds and the Phillies.
And possibly a couple more teams.

They were actually surprised the Giants weren't after him vuz according to them they need some pop in there batting order.

skyking26
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Surprised the Phils would consider him. A WS Champ that would want to take on such a clubhouse cancer, me/I guy. They have no idea what a disruption he was here in Detroit...

Oh well. Somebody thinks they are getting a bargain. What can you do.:D

suave1477
04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Just to add to it, now the Mets are showing interest in him.

skyking26
04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
You sound like a fan. I hope he lands where you want, as long as it isn't anywhere near Detroit. While I scratch my head at giving $14 MM away literally, at least all the problems, injuries, etc he brought are gone...just like all those homers he was supposed to hit.:p

suave1477
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
lol lol skyking your funny lol:D

Well actually I am a bit of fan, I liked him before I met him and after I met him, spoke to him had a conversation with him believe it or not he is actually a nice guy. Also from witnessing when I saw him, very nice to fans.

I think people give him a bad rap also yes I know he has said some things too the media, and maybe hasn't been the greatest in the club house.

But as a player I would say for the most part has been above average. I mean the guy has averaged between 20 to 40 home runs a season almost. Over a 20 year career, that's not too shabby.

I think also people exaggerate a bit his injuries.

He was a great outfielder with the Yankees, had one of the best arms in the field was even known for being able to practically throwing a guy out at home from the outfield. Then he had the collision with Bubba Crosby and he was injured from that. Rightfully so it was a hard collision. In the meantime they replaced him in the outfield, when he came back at the end of the season since he was replace in the outfield they tried to convert him to a first baseman, which in my opinion was stupid. Since he did't perform well as a first baseman that was there excuse to get rid of him. When there was nothing wrong with him going back into the outfield. So the Tigers picked him up and made him a DH. He did great for the Tigers in the begining then got injured again. Went on to the DL, when he came back due to injurie wasn;t a 100%. Then at the end of 2008 started getting his rythim back and went on a little tear of homers. He still shows power, speed. I think he where ever he goes as long as he stays healthy now he is going to bounce back and show everyone up.

Just my opinion!!:p

suicide_squeeze
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Can't quite put mu finger on it......but I've never liked the guy. Maybe it's his suttle "involvement" with the steroid issue....maybe it's his verbalized display of bigotry....maybe it's his arrogance....I just can't pinpoint it.

I'm sure someone will pick him up. He's basically "free", with the Tigers having to pick up his contract for the year. So if a team wants to take a chance on his apparent waning skills.... it wouldn't be a costly one at all.....except for maybe a few "L's" in the standings because he didn't produce. If that starts to become the norm, they can simply cut him at any time.

I still say the Marlins pick him up.

suave1477
04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Mets signed Sheffield

metsbats
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Mets signed Sheffield

Wow! If it's true.

Perhaps they took a page out of the Yankees' book and did it so the Phils would n't get him.

Sheffield is highly motivated after what happened to him so he'll be at the top of his game to prove the Tigers and the rest of MLB wrong.

Additionally being Doc Gooden's nephew certainly may have helped.

Now they have two players who can potentially reach 500 home runs (Delgado being the other) in the same season.

I don't think that ever happened that a team had two players reaching that milestone in the same season.

allstarsplus
04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow! If it's true.

Perhaps they took a page out of the Yankees' book and did it so the Phils would n't get him.

Sheffield is highly motivated after what happened to him so he'll be at the top of his game to prove the Tigers and the rest of MLB wrong.

Additionally being Doc Gooden's nephew certainly may have helped.

Now they have two players who can potentially reach 500 home runs (Delgado being the other) in the same season.

I don't think that ever happened that a team had two players reaching that milestone in the same season.

Yes it is true according to MLB.com that he is now a Met.

skyking26
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
lol lol skyking your funny lol:D

Well actually I am a bit of fan, I liked him before I met him and after I met him, spoke to him had a conversation with him believe it or not he is actually a nice guy. Also from witnessing when I saw him, very nice to fans.

I think people give him a bad rap also yes I know he has said some things too the media, and maybe hasn't been the greatest in the club house.

But as a player I would say for the most part has been above average. I mean the guy has averaged between 20 to 40 home runs a season almost. Over a 20 year career, that's not too shabby.

I think also people exaggerate a bit his injuries.

He was a great outfielder with the Yankees, had one of the best arms in the field was even known for being able to practically throwing a guy out at home from the outfield. Then he had the collision with Bubba Crosby and he was injured from that. Rightfully so it was a hard collision. In the meantime they replaced him in the outfield, when he came back at the end of the season since he was replace in the outfield they tried to convert him to a first baseman, which in my opinion was stupid. Since he did't perform well as a first baseman that was there excuse to get rid of him. When there was nothing wrong with him going back into the outfield. So the Tigers picked him up and made him a DH. He did great for the Tigers in the begining then got injured again. Went on to the DL, when he came back due to injurie wasn;t a 100%. Then at the end of 2008 started getting his rythim back and went on a little tear of homers. He still shows power, speed. I think he where ever he goes as long as he stays healthy now he is going to bounce back and show everyone up.

Just my opinion!!:p
Always thought he was intimidating - liked it when he came over here to Detroit. His experience here, what he said about certain teammates race (in front of them no less), is unreal. He's the Mets headache now (and the Tigers who still must pay). Adios...

stretch
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Mets release Marlon Anderson. Good signing by New York and it keeps him from Philly.