Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • walt33
    • Nov 2005

newbie question

hey all long time viewer, dont post alot but i have a question. i redeemed on upperdeck.com a Alex Rodriguez game used hat w/ upperdeck coa.that i had won from a pack of their cards. that was back in november. Apparently it was very limited possibly even a 1 of 1 item. i recieved a call from upperdeck that they had ruined the arod hat and they need to replace it. they will said they will replace the arod with something of equal or most likely greater value. my question is WHat should i ask for as a replacement from them? ud and i agreed that the hat was pretty valuable. any ideas or help is appreciated.
    walt
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: newbie question

Hire a lawyer to write a nice letter and shoot for the moon. I know little about the law, but your UDA redemption card is like a contract, right? Determine fair market value (whatever that might be) and ask them to scratch a check...then buy some nice game used stuff of your choice.

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

here are some suggestions why not a:

arod jersey
      arod bat
      pujols jersey
      pujols bat

anyone of these i would be happy with

Comment

• BULBUS
        • Nov 2005

If you like AROD, I would definetly start with something else of his (of greater value), like a bat or jersey. If they dont have that, ask for a bat or jersey of a star player that you like. Make a list ranking them. Or maybe you should make UD give you a list to chose from. You can post the list here on the forum, and take a poll what the members think you should take.
        Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
        sigpic
        donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• icollectDCsports
          • Nov 2005

Whatever you decide, if you believe that Upper Deck does not treat you fairly in resolving this, post again on the forum to obtain ideas about what to do. They need to make good on this.

Comment

• PK
            • Feb 2006

I agree with having UD give you a list of what they can offer in place of the A Rod hat. If you do not like the list tell them that you have an appointment to talk with a lawyer in the morning and you will be recording any further converastions with them

What is the title of the person you are speaking with? I would take it all the way up to a VP.

Nice pull on the card!!!!

Comment

• walt33
              • Nov 2005

hi all,
              thanks for the help. ud is having a meeting on monday with the managers of customer service to come up with a replacement. i will def. post what they tell me. how much value do you think the hat has? they have been as helpful as they can be right now and even saying they will exceed the value. i just hope its something good. ill keep ya posted

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                • Oct 2005

I would think the hat would be worth $3-400, perhaps $500 tops?? You may want to look up on vintageauthentics.com or americanmemorabilia.com to see if they've sold similars. I would be frustrated if I were you, but i think that asking for a pujols jersey or AROD jersey or the like (like some are recommending) is a bit excessive. I'm sure getting a replacement with a comparable value or maybe a little more is acceptable, since they messed up, but they can't be expected to turn over the keys to the vault.

Just my opinion,
                Ken

Comment

• walt33
                  • Nov 2005

yea i agree. i just want whats equal, thats why i was asking for ideas what to ask for. although im a fan of toby hall i dont think ill be asking for anything of him. lol.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                    • Nov 2005

I don't know if the UDA redemption was a Yankees hat, but Steiner has one for five thousand dollars and zero cents (yes, this price makes zero cents). Print this link that I provided and get a copy to the suits at UDA. DO NOT SETTLE FOR NO FIVE HUNDGIE! Upper Deck makes money, right. They're just sittin' there waiting to low-ball you! Just Business!!!!!

Comment

• walt33
                      • Nov 2005

lol 5,000! i wish it was a yankee hat then lol. i believe its a rangers or mariners hat the redemption came out of 2003 sweetspot. however i printed the steiner listing

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                        • Nov 2005

Ask for the hat that they "ruined". Say it's the hat that you and your attorney had your hearts set on. Make'em squirm!

Comment

• walt33
                          • Nov 2005

i am still wondering what they did to the hat that i wouldnt want it lol.

Comment

• suave1477
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2006

As far as for asking for too much there is nothing wrong with that, the worst they can tell you is NO or that it is way over valued for the item there trying to replace and who knos they might end up giving you something similar to that.

As someone said here its JUST BUSINESS and there is nothing wrong with asking.

At least if you shoot for the stars you might not get it but you might do pretty well. if you shoot for something mid level you might end up with crap.

JUST BUSINESS!!!

Comment

• suave1477
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2006

Walt they gave it out to someone else!!!

Comment

Working...