PDA

View Full Version : What Game Used are you looking to get from this season???

suave1477
04-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Well guys there have been a lot of trades, movement and so on this off season and now the new season is starting.

What are you looking to try to score??

My first choice would be a:

Yankees Mark Texiera Game Used bat - but since he probably will be with them for a long time I am sure I am going to have an opportunity somewhere down the road to get one.

Maybe a Sheffield bat from his time with the Mets.

Also a Yankees Brett Gardner bat but not really a must have.

AWA85
04-05-2009, 08:46 PM
May not happen yet but I think the #1 thing on my list would be a Jay Bruce jersey.

I guess I could settle with a Edinson Volquez or Cueto Reds jersey.

gingi79
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Chipper Jones game used jersey. I am hoping one shows up at auction for less than the mlbauctions have them not selling at $900

bigtruck260
04-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I would really like to have a bat of Yadi Molina's - but doubtful that will happen this year. They are so few and far between that as soon as one pops up in the team store, it's gone by the time I get there.

I bought 3 Skip Schumaker jerseys last year, and sold them all. I think I mught keep one if it becomes available this year.

My bat collection is complete and up to date right now. All of my favorite players from 1982-now have been acquired - and that was my goal. So - My new quest is to pick up jerseys of Scrappy - fan favorite ball players.
Delino Deshields, Rex Hudler, Skip, Joe McEwing, Bo Hart - and David Eckstein. Hopefully, the Eckstein craze in STL has died down some. His bats were going for $4-500 after the 2006 WS - and unworn ST jerseys were selling at the team store for $300...

ryant7
04-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Chipper Jones game used jersey. I am hoping one shows up at auction for less than the mlbauctions have them not selling at $900

grey flannel has one coming up in a auction from 1997 its a road jersey starting bid is 150.00 auction starts tomorrow

Fnazxc0114
04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
mine would be a michael young game used bat that isnt to badly broken. his bats are usually shredded when they hit the store.

Capital-Sports
04-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Tyler Flowers game used items from Spring Training with the White Sox

kylehess10
04-06-2009, 02:42 AM
The piece I would want the most from 2009 would have to be that helmet worn by some guy I've never even heard of from the final WBC game on the Japanese team. He slid into the 2nd baseman's knee which shattered the brim off of the helmet. I'm sure an MLB Authenticator got a hold of it so I'll be on the lookout for it even though I'm sure a billion people right now from Japan are willing to spend in the millions for it :rolleyes:

But when it comes to stuff I can actually afford, I'll take a Garret Anderson game used bat.

cordovacollector
04-06-2009, 02:54 AM
From this season I'd like to find a Doug Mientkiewicz GU bat from the Dodgers. Glad to see he landed there!

Would also like to finally find some GU item of his from the 2000 USA team. Any leads?

yanks12025
04-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Mark Teixeira game used Yankee bat

sox83cubs84
04-06-2009, 06:45 AM
I don't have a particular item. I'm just hoping that the players and coaches that I swap memorabilia with come up with some goodies to add to the stash:) .

Dave M.
Chicago area