PDA

View Full Version : D-backs GU Shop

theflock13
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
The D-backs have a new Memorabilia shop on their main concourse with signed GU items. I checked it out at the exhibition game...pretty good stuff.

whatupyos
04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Got a question for you. Please email me.

Aaron

SunDevil2126628@hotmail.com

PK
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Can't remember what # he wore, but I would be interested in Josh Wilson stuff, he was the last cut this weekend before the final roster

godwulf
04-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Interesting that you should mention that...I was going to start a thread about it, having just now come back from the ballpark. Always a good thing to win on opening day. Felipe Lopez and Tony Clark each homered from both sides of the plate - the first time teammates have done that on Opening Day ever, they say. Good game.

Anyway, I checked out the bats in both the main Team Shop and the smaller store, and wow! Where did they come up with some of those things? They must have discovered a hidden closet in the bowels of the equipment room, or something. Matt Kata? Royce Clayton? Richie Sexson? Scott Hairston? Some bats Craig Counsell brought with from Milwaukee?

Okay, I actually wouldn't mind picking up a couple of these bats, like the nice brown, uncracked Brent Mayne LS from '04...but the prices! I told the guy running the smaller shop, after looking at the price list, "I don't know who's pricing your bats, but he sure doesn't know the market." A Craig Counsell bat for $200? Maybe 40 on a good day, and I like Counsell.

They also wanted either 150 or 200 for a Steve Finley Sam bat from '03. They wanted $125 for the Mayne bat; it would have been overpriced at 75, but I might have actually paid that, 'cause Mayne's bats don't come up that often and the one I have is black.

The topper, though, was the Mike Bell ST (from the # on the knob) bat from '03. He didn't even make the team, and spent the year in Tucson, and they want $125 for his cracked bat?! Does whoever is pricing these things even know who the players are?

Speaking of Tucson, I wouldn't be surprised if that's where a lot of these, if not all of them, came from. When the Triple-A club moved to Reno in the off-season, they probably didn't feel like shipping a lot of the old bats lying around in the equipment room all the way to Nevada, and just sent them up here to put in the Team Shop. That would explain why they've got bats from guys who haven't been DBacks in five years.