PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia Rocked

skyking26
04-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Games not over as of this write; but from what I saw CC got rocked. Did not look good at all. And against the O's.

My son was watching, he's 12. Pointed out the contract and the pressure. Good example of a team that pays out...but that doesn't always mean that player/team will be best... Then again, Yanks could come back too, but that is baseball:) .

yanks12025
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
You know it is opening day. Also Cliff Lee got rocked for 7 runs.

camarokids
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Not only did CC have a not so hot day.

Mark Texiera is 0-4! In the Top of the eighth, he had the tying run on third base and Damon on first and grounds out to end the inning.

Yanks are down to their last three outs..... Currently bottom of the eighth, 6-5 O's winning....

skyking26
04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Yea, saw that about Mark Tex. Good lesson for the kids. $$ doesn't/shouldn't buy championships.

Sorry Yankee fans, but I just love days like today when I see them lose!:D

AndersonAuthentics
04-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Yea, saw that about Mark Tex. Good lesson for the kids. $$ doesn't/shouldn't buy championships.

Sorry Yankee fans, but I just love days like today when I see them lose!:D

Don't get used to it. Haha.

Fnazxc0114
04-06-2009, 07:53 PM
tex wasnt a very popular pllayer hear in texas. he was popular by the fans but from what reports have said he isnt a team players. the question is can a whole team of players that arent team players win the world series.

yanks12025
04-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Fnazxc0114,
I heard it the other way. That he's a big team player and is a great person in the clubhouse.

markize
04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
as a yankee fan, i was never really for the acquisition of tex. just a classic example of the yankees throwing big $$ at a player, and hoping he produces. the season is young, so we will see how the entire year goes. i would rather they let Shelley Duncan have a shot off the farm. the kid has power, and is a first baseman. on top of that, he plays with youthful exuberance. he wants to win, and always has a big smile on his face.

mark

skyking26
04-06-2009, 10:08 PM
As a contrast, the one guy who got no look in the winter was Adam Dunn. Big 3 run homer, 4 RBI and 2/4. Problem was the Nats got thrashed. Look for Dunn to have a big year, but unfortunately for him it will be Cincinnati all over again in a winless atmosphere...

Fnazxc0114
04-06-2009, 10:13 PM
i dont know there were a few players on the local radio who said they were glad that he was gone. you also have to consider to when he was here he had a new manager until he was traded.

suave1477
04-06-2009, 10:35 PM
as a yankee fan, i was never really for the acquisition of tex. just a classic example of the yankees throwing big $$ at a player, and hoping he produces. the season is young, so we will see how the entire year goes. i would rather they let Shelley Duncan have a shot off the farm. the kid has power, and is a first baseman. on top of that, he plays with youthful exuberance. he wants to win, and always has a big smile on his face.

mark

Mark couldn't of said it any better.

Remeber that kid Crosby....... oh yeah Bubba!!

Same story...... let's let a kid with a love for the game go for a high salary player from the Red Sox with no arm in the outfield.

I was never a supporter of the Sabathia deal, he open admitted he didn't want to come to New York. So the Yankees threw more money at him.
So here is my thinking to convince a guy who doesn't really want to play here, throw lots of money at him. Is he really going to be playing with his whole heart???

bigtime59
04-07-2009, 10:32 AM

mark

I'm sure his smile was HUGE the day he attempted to perform a "Yankee$ nutectomy" on Iwamura at 2B last year!

markize
04-07-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm sure his smile was HUGE the day he attempted to perform a "Yankee$ nutectomy" on Iwamura at 2B last year!

"The Yankees nutectomy". What an awesome idea! I will try to get that idea to the Yankee brass to see if they can market it to make more $$$$$$$$. Then they will have more to spend!! Don't worry, I will give you full credit for the idea as I'm sure the public would appreciate knowing the orioles and their fans serve some purpose other than keeping the AL east basement clean. :D

Mark

stkmtimo
04-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Mark couldn't of said it any better.

Remeber that kid Crosby....... oh yeah Bubba!!

Same story...... let's let a kid with a love for the game go for a high salary player from the Red Sox with no arm in the outfield.

I was never a supporter of the Sabathia deal, he open admitted he didn't want to come to New York. So the Yankees threw more money at him.
So here is my thinking to convince a guy who doesn't really want to play here, throw lots of money at him. Is he really going to be playing with his whole heart???

I agree. Brett Gardner is also a good example of a guy who needs to stay in the lineup. I would like to see Cody Ransom and Ramiro Pena get some time, too.

Tim