PDA

View Full Version : where to go at safeco field for autographs?

deburton
04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Can anyone give me ideas about where to go both inside and outside of Safeco Field in Seattle to get Mariners autographs. Thanks

marinersbaseballfan21
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
During and just after batting practice the visting team usually has guys signing on the third base line. The Mariners sign just to the right of the dugout as you're looking at the field, and a line usually forms, sometimes to the concourse.

MarinersFan34
04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Obviously we don't know the signing habits at home yet, but if it's anything like recent years. You're much more likely to get autos from the visting team. The Mariners leave it up to the players to decide if they want to sign but I've heard they've asked/encouraged them to sign but they won't force the issue.

Sometimes a player or two will hop onto the Mariners dugout and then a signing line forms, that's the one that can easily go back up to the main concourse depending on player(s).

Anywhere along the 3rd base line for visiting teams is good, with slightly better odds towards the dugout for the most part. I've seen days where they signed near LF and skipped the 3rd base/dugout area completely.

I've also seen people get autos from the service drive outside of the CF gate, although there are signs stating no autos. It's also bothersome at times for Day of game staff trying to leave the field or the cleanup crew trying to enter as the fans sometimes block the sidewalk next to the service drive.