PDA

View Full Version : Cleats--The New Affordable Collectible

EurekaDave
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
I have just purchased a pair of game-used Miguel Tejada cleats for $140. They are authenticated and from his MVP year. I am sure I could not touch any other Tejada equipment for that price.

With most desirable game-used jerseys either price too high or not for sale, I am finding game-used cleats to be a great way to collect authentic equipment. Maybe they are still affordable because they take up to much space or because they were once filled with smelly socks.

I wonder what your thoughts are on this.

Dave S.

worldchamps
04-27-2006, 04:58 PM
I have always been a big fan of cleats, shoes, etc. Mainly because I am a big basketball fan. To me their is nothing better than a pair of bastball shoes that have special markings embroidered on the shoes ( number, nickname, etc)

I agree I think they are under-valued.

Do your Tejada's have any special markings on the shoes? That was a good deal, he is on a tear this year.

geoff
04-28-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi i am a fan of cleats also. I bought a while back a pair of Vlad Guerrero game used cleats from when he was with the Expos for 200.00 dollars.I look all the time for them. Geoff

EurekaDave
04-28-2006, 05:22 PM
To answer the question about the Tejada cleats, they are each signed and bear his nickname "Miggy." I also got a pair of Vida Blue cleats (still imbedded with dirt) for $100.

Dave S.

kylehess10
04-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Your right, cleats are getting cheaper and cheaper. Just a few weeks ago I got a pair of cleats worn by Rafael Furcal when he hit his 2nd homerun of the 2003 season and it just so happened to be an 11th inning game-winning homerun. The cleats were signed and inscribed (HR 2 2003) and I found a pic of him wearing the cleats from that night. The COA was also signed by Furcal. I got them for only $90 which included shipping! $140 for those miggy cleats sound really cheap. Usually I see his cleats go for around $200. Who did you buy it from?