PDA

View Full Version : dave bushing

momen55
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
for the ones that have delt with him, what was your experience? good? great? bad? what? :confused:

b.heagy
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I have had pleasant dealings with Dave both in person and via email. I have emailed him over the last couple of years and have always received a response that was informative and educational.

rjdgonebats
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about Dave. I have dealt with him many times and he is a real gentleman.

Birdbats
04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
When we lived near each other, Dave welcomed me into his home and taught me about bats when I had just begun collecting. He still helps me to this day, and he's always open and willing to accept my input regarding Cardinals items. He's probably forgotten more about bats than I'll ever know. I know Dave has critics. I'm not one of them. I have great respect for Dave and feel fortunate to call him a friend.

karamaxjoe
04-08-2009, 05:59 PM
One of my early collecting moments was going to Dave's house to pick up a jersey. Dave treated me very well, showed me his collection and let me handle a Jackie Robinson jersey he was selling to a client. Dave's also been nothing but very helpful whenever I've sent him an email for information.

suicide_squeeze
04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Over the years, I have spoken to Dave only twice. The thing that was amazing to me was that on both occasions I was able to reach him, once on his cell phone, and another was a retuned phone call from a message I had left.

In the day and age of everyone being too busy to worry about a phone call here and there, I have always felt like that was professional and important enough to mention. Both conversations were thoroughly enlightening as he answered my inquiries in great detail, and he was very pleasant to chat with.

And for CHRIST'S SAKE, the man has the LOUISVILLE SLUGGER FACTORY RECORDS, so how could you not idolize the guy, he's GOD in our hobby!!!;)

Birdbats
04-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Dave... let me handle a Jackie Robinson jersey he was selling to a client.

Mike, we could have been at his house within days (if not minutes) of each other, because I remember that Robinson jersey, assuming it's the same one. I want to say it was a home '49, but can't recall for sure. That was kind of my "ah ha" moment when I realized how cool jerseys were. I didn't buy my first jersey until June 2002, but the seed was planted when I held that Robinson jersey in Dave's basement.

earlywynnfan
04-08-2009, 08:34 PM
My experiences, too, have been positive. He's made some very well-published mistakes, but I've never seen him as shady in any way. As a teacher, I've always respected the way he tried to help me understand, to educate me, instead of just saying "yay" or "nay."

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

karamaxjoe
04-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Mike, we could have been at his house within days (if not minutes) of each other, because I remember that Robinson jersey, assuming it's the same one. I want to say it was a home '49, but can't recall for sure. That was kind of my "ah ha" moment when I realized how cool jerseys were. I didn't buy my first jersey until June 2002, but the seed was planted when I held that Robinson jersey in Dave's basement.

Jeff,
It was a road jersey from 1949 and I was there in 1996. It's not too often you get to hold a piece of history in your hands and I'll never forget it. I also took a couple photos of the jersey.

skyking26
04-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Sold Dave a glove in December. Paid so quickly it was like lightning.

Top notch in my book...

Robert Koppel

Birdbats
04-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Jeff,
It was a road jersey from 1949 and I was there in 1996.

OK, the '49 jives, and I guess it could have been a road shirt instead of a home. It probably was '96 because that was the last year I lived in Chicago. What a coincidence.

trsent
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
I know Dave personally and he lives just a few miles up the road from me. I have had nothing but positive work with Dave in the game used memorabilia industry and his knowledge is one of the best.

I also have found him to be honest in any business transactions I have completed with him over the years.

sportscentury
04-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I've sold Dave (and Dan Knoll, Troy Kinunen, etc.) several high-end items over the years. Always lightning fast with payment. Always helpful when I've had questions about items of interest for my PC, as well.
Reid

momen55
04-09-2009, 04:31 PM
wonderful. thanks fellas. i guess i don't have anything to worry about. :)