PDA

View Full Version : **STOLEN** - Fred Lynn Jersey

beantown
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
***STOLEN***

Fred Lynn
Game Worn Used
1988 Orioles Alternate Orange Pull Over Jersey

Item arrived/scanned at my Post Office on 03/27/2009, which was confirmed via tracking information...package was NEVER attempted to be delivered...no one at the Post Office has any answers as to its whereabouts? Please keep an eye out on the memorabilia market for it...if anyone sees anything, please contact me at cjarone1@verizon.net

Thanks...Chris

skyking26
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hope you insured it??

RK

xpress34
04-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Have you contacted the Post Master for your city? The PO also has an Investigative Branch.

And (just my .02), if they give you the run around, tell them you are reporting it to both the local authorities and the local press to report your story - especially the fact that the USPS Tracking shows it made it to that PO and no further.

- Chris

BULBUS
04-09-2009, 03:02 PM
The jersey may still show up. I've had this happen to me before. Something that was shipped 2-3 day Priority, took over 2 weeks to get to me. Also, twice, I've shipped Priority Mail and it took over a week to arrive. Hope everything works out.

beantown
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for everyones input...I have contacted the local Postmaster and the investigative branch of the Post Office (OIG) which ultimatley has jurisdiction in this type of offense...however, I will also file a report with the local police...its not a question about the $$$ at this point, as a collector, its the item in question...note sure if I'm ever come across one of these again!

GarkoCollector
04-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Forget the postmaster, make a call directly to the Postal Inspector. This is an issue of "internal theft." I just had an issue resolved quite quickly similar to this and the Inspector was the go-to guy for it.
Tom