PDA

View Full Version : line under 125 on bats

tigerdale
04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
what does the line under the 125 on LS bats actually mean? I know it means its not a real game used/issued model bat....just curious of the real meaning....w/ the 125, does it mean like exact replica...not ordered by player or team....cheaper grade wood....just curious.

Vintagedeputy
04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
store model - not game used

Swoboda4
04-10-2009, 04:09 PM
either on purpose or by accident, has anyone ever seen a store model bat used in a major league game?

BaseballGM
04-10-2009, 05:09 PM
My guess is that if tried to be used in a MLB game, it would shatter. I believe the wood used for store model bats is the lowest grade available.

sarahsdad
04-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I have never seen one used in a game but I have been a victim of a "reputable" company with exclusive contracts with major league teams attempt to pass one off as team issued. Sent it back.
sarahsdad

Vintagedeputy
04-11-2009, 07:32 AM
either on purpose or by accident, has anyone ever seen a store model bat used in a major league game?

From various sources -

Here's a Willie Harris tale that's actually true, thanks to the Braves TV guys (who do a great job, by the way).
Last season, when Willie was playing in Atlanta, Tim Hudson came across a souvenir bat the team was giving out to Braves employees. It had all of the Braves division titles printed on it. Hudson jokingly insisted Willie use it that night.
And he did. Willie went six-for-six for the first - and only - time in his career.
Admittedly, though, he did only use the souvenir bat for three of those hits. He was afraid he was going to break it.