PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Buyback Stories?

joelsabi
04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Anyone have a great buyback story? maybe some item that was in your collection that you reobtained at a later date. would be interesting to hear.

BIGSTIG
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I bought a 2007 Soriano game used bat from authenticgamers (Rob Stienmetz) after his first season. Anyway I tried almost everyday at Wrigley in 2008 to get Sori to sign it. Days past then weeks and finally after seeing my ugly mug for a month or so his driver (yes he has a driver) finally told the parking attendant at Wrigley to have me come the following day and Soriano would sign it. Well he signed it (the hurried half ass Sori signature, but I was still happy), it went in my collection and I loved it.

Well now the 2008 season is well underway, and I have the oppurtunity to buy a sweet 2008 bat, so I sold the 2007 on ebay for $400 contacted the guy who had the 2008 and he had already sold it :(
So now I was with NO Soriano bat.

A few months go byand I end up buying a few Soriano items, including a 2007 jersey, hat and cleats....NOW I AM KICKING MYSELF that I sold that 2007 Soriano bat. Well I hop on ebay, and what do I see....MY Soriano bat for sale by the person I sold it to. Best part about it, I buy it back at like $325 or so, making $$ on the deal.

It all worked out in the end!!

David
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I had a unique baseball painting I bought twice. It was a great painting of Buck Leonard in 1930s Negro League unifform by Jerry Dvorak, the guy who made the original paintings for the 1953 Topps set. The original owner had Leonard sign VERY large a blank canvas in person at an autograph show, then commisioned Dvorak to paint around the signature. I bought it, hung it on a wall in my entry way for a few years then sold it. About two years later I saw it up for auction, the price was lower than I sold so bought it back, and hung it back up in the same place.

David
04-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I had a unique baseball painting I bought twice. It was a great painting of Buck Leonard in 1930s Negro League unifform by Jerry Dvorak, the guy who made the original paintings for the 1953 Topps set. The original owner had Leonard sign VERY large a blank canvas in person at an autograph show, then commisioned Dvorak to paint around the signature. I bought it, hung it on a wall in my entry way for a few years then sold it. About two years later I saw it up for auction, the price was lower than I sold so bought it back, and hung it back up in the same place.