PDA

View Full Version : Ot: Mlbpaa

godwulf
04-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm sure a lot of you get these, too - invitations to join the "Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association". My first thought was, "Wouldn't you think something with a name like that would be for, well, former and current Major League Baseball Players?" I think it costs something like $70 a year, and it's supposed to get you a 10% discount on stuff you buy at MLB.com, so I guess if you bought a lot of stuff there, it could make it worthwhile. I'm just a little put off by the name, do you know what I mean? Like those guys they sometimes catch wearing military medals to which they're not entitled. :rolleyes:

Dewey2007
04-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Godwulf, at the university I work for you can join their Alumni Association w/o having graduated from there for something like $99 per year. They offer similar perks like those offered by MLBPAA. I think you officially become a "friend" or "supporter" of said organization.

godwulf
04-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Godwulf, at the university I work for you can join their Alumni Association w/o having graduated from there for something like $99 per year. They offer similar perks like those offered by MLBPAA. I think you officially become a "friend" or "supporter" of said organization.

Yeah, I guess you're right. My late father was a big supporter of the IU Alumni Association, come to think of it, and never even went to that school. Thanks for the perspective, Dewey!