X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 33bird
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Is AMI paying anyone??

Honestly, can members on here let me know if anybody has been paid by AMI since last summer? They still owe me 25k and it's 7 months this week. They won't respond to my lawyer and they went into default by not responding to the court within 20 days last Friday. That means they're not fighting that they owe me money and have to pay it-IF they have it. That's what I'm worried about. Is AMI going belly-up? Let me know if anybody is getting paid, because I know a ton of people they owe big money too. If anybody is consigning to AMI they're nuts!
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Greg
  • Eric
    • Jan 1970

Re: Is AMI paying anyone??

Maybe they'll send someone to your house unannounced with a check.
    Sorry, couldn't resist...
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• 33bird
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

LOL. I'd take it-believe me.

Comment

• gamecollectibles
        • Aug 2008

They are into me for 17k......... 7 months past due..... sent me a check for $182.00 towards total.....It is amazing that there is nothing that can be done to stop these rats. from operating. Im at the point now, that I will spend the 17k to put these people out of business. They dont return calls, and when you do get to them Keita is like talking to a wall, never has an answer, just says we will try to pay you.
        Talked with her about 3 weeks ago and she informed me that they were out buying some collections and would get my money as soon as possible, they are using consigners money to run there business.
        I will be contacting a Las Vegas lawyer this week and take the next step to put these people out of business. everybody who they owe money to should do the same and it wont take long for the complaints to pile up and that will be it for American Memorabilia.

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

there is something that can be done. don't deal with them. if noone gave them nothing to sell, they wouldn't be around to rip people off. i have never delt with auction houses and never will. unless they are EXTREMELY reliable.

Comment

• momen55
            • Aug 2006

call the vegas police. i would think they can do something?

Comment

• yanks12025
              • Jan 2006

If they did not give me my money for 25K or 17K i would kill someone, i would at least go there and then threaten them in person.

Comment

• gamecollectibles
                • Aug 2008

This was the first time I have ever sent anything to an auction house... and only did it on advice from a friend.......... who said he was good friends with
                Victor....what a mistake.... luckily last week I made them send me back 25 game used pieces that were do for this months auction, got them all back except for a pair of signed Ortiz game used cleats that have just, somehow come up missing.

Comment

• shoremen44
                  • Jul 2007

Still owe me... 6 months... I made the mistake too...

I contact the Nevada Consumer Affairs division... as well as the State of Nevada Attorney General.

I havent heard anything... they dont owe me that much... but they still owe me.

Don't return my calls or emails anymore.
                  Bert
                  ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• 33bird
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

I know about all of us guys not getting paid, but has ANYBODY been PAID in the last 10 months or so? ANYBODY?

Comment

• mr.miracle
                      • Apr 2006

Just personal preference and reputation I suppose but at this point I would only consider consigning to Robert Edwards and Huggins and Scott. I have used Lelands in the past but was not pleased at all with my last experience with them. All of my dealings buying from Robert Edwards and Huggins and Scott have proven to be A plus the whole way around.
                      Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• kingjammy24
                        • Nov 2005

---------------- i'm not a lawyer and nothing i say should be construed as legal advice -----------------

with so many people not having been paid large amounts for so long how have they not begun seizing assets?

you guys keep waiting and calling and emailing as if calling or emailing just one more time will make payments rain from the sky. get serious and get a lawyer. greg filed suit and they didn't even contest it. easy judgement. if they still fail to pay after the judgement, get orders forcing disclosure of assets and orders authorizing you to seize those assets. with the proper orders in hand, a bank would be forced to hand over the money to satisfy the debt. if someone's got your money, go get it! stop all this calling and emailing nonsense. you don't need to talk to victor or kieta in order to seize their bank accounts. the police will tell you it's a civil matter anyway and not up to them to resolve. the legal system has remedies for these things. use it.

their website currently says their consignment deadline for their next auction is may 1. if they're going around buying collections, then they have assets. squeeze whatever blood is left in the stone before that stone declares bankruptcy and leaves you all out in the cold.

by the way, here's a photo from AMI's "swimsuit issue". really, i'm not kidding. maybe that's where victor invested some of your money? anyway, seems the AMI girls are looking at some sort of treasure map. maybe X marks the spot where your payments are buried!

rudy.

Comment

• otismalibu
                          • Nov 2005

Tranny Treasure Hunt

I smell a brand new reality series!
                          Greg
                          DrJStuff.com

Comment

• 33bird
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Agreed. I learned months ago emails and calls did nothing when dealing with AMI. I'll let you guys know how things go now that they've defaulted. They're are still running auctions -so they got money- and are still bringing money in obviously too. The problem is, is that they're keeping it all for themselves. Sending a consignor a 150.00 check when they owe them 17k is an F'n joke.
                            Greg

Comment

• mfsquirrelmaster
                              • Jan 2007

It seems like AMI's auction have been featuring less and less "quality" pieces. Probably as a result of there reputation, but that also means they're making less money. I hope everything works out for everyone.

Comment

Working...