PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Auctions Advice

mvandor
04-13-2009, 10:54 PM
I recently won two autographed "pro-cut" jerseys on NFL Auctions (misidentified as usual as "authentics"); one LaDainian Tomlinson, one Antonio Gates.

Upon receipt, I noted a few things not disclosed in the listing (their descriptions are brief to say the least).

The nameplate on the Tomlinson is horribly applied, not level, and worse so far to the right as to be maybe 2" off center. An ebay authentic is better done.

Secondly, I was surprised that the jerseys were sized 'S' - even authentics are sized numerically as I'm sure the actual game used are. Isn't this an oddity? And why issue smalls for players that couldn't fit into them? I've never purchased pro-cuts before but assumed they were identical to actual game worn jerseys sans the customizations. After seeing these don't believe that's the case.

I've emailed NFL Auctions but of course they'll fallback I expect on the "all sales final" line. I expect my choices to be having the nameplate corrected myself (who can you recommend?) or returning the LT and doing an AMEX chargeback.

Advice appreciated.

Neely8
04-13-2009, 10:57 PM
I think the "S" may stand for skill player cut, not size small. I take it there is no strip tag in the collar or tagging at lower front to indicate size?

Eric
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
"S" is not for small. It's for skill cut jersey. Is there a number size in the collar as well?

I know for a fact that with a lot of these jerseys sold by nfl auctions, when they are signed game cut jerseys, they are blanks, then have the numbers signed separately and then have those signed numbers stitched to the jerseys.
Sometimes you see the new chargers style jerseys with the old numbers signed.

mvandor
04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
You are right gentlemen. While they are sized pretty small, at 46 for the LT and 48 for the Gates, the S pertains as you say to the position. I jumped the gun on the size comments, I apologize.
However, the application of the NOB on the LT is a significant issue to me given what I paid. I've asked them to replace it but doubt they'll agree.

Has anyone ever had a dispute with NFL Auctions, will they try to address the issue? Does anyone know a company that could move the nameplate with professional results at a reasonable cost?

mvandor
04-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Sometimes you see the new chargers style jerseys with the old numbers signed. 23454

:eek:

gwh11
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I know someone who did have a legitimate dispute from an item they won from NFL Auctions. It took awhile, but everything got worked out in the end.
Guy

Eric
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
You are right gentlemen. While they are sized pretty small, at 46 for the LT and 48 for the Gates, the S pertains as you say to the position. I jumped the gun on the size comments, I apologize.
However, the application of the NOB on the LT is a significant issue to me given what I paid. I've asked them to replace it but doubt they'll agree.

Has anyone ever had a dispute with NFL Auctions, will they try to address the issue? Does anyone know a company that could move the nameplate with professional results at a reasonable cost?

There is a chance that they will have another LT jersey to swap it for. Look how many #1s Rivers is signing in that photo.

Try this email address
nfl.auction@nfl.com

mvandor
04-14-2009, 10:37 AM
They replied quickly when I emailed the address provided earlier in this thread (thank you).

My response is below:

Thank you for your very prompt response.

Please see inserted photo below showing how significantly off this nameplate is. As each is applied manually, I sincerely hope this was the worst of the batch and you have a decent one to swap this out for. Certainly, if the whole batch is this bad, NFL Auctions should replace the sewing vendor. Clearly, for the price a customer has a right to expect much better workmanship.

http://thevandors.com/lt.jpg

As an aside, and with all due respect, NFL Auctions has been mislabeling these jerseys for some time. In the collectible hobby, as well as the jersey industry, the term “authentic” refers to the top of the line retail jerseys as the Reebok shown below, from your NFL Shops website. They have open sleeves and a loose body cut specifically for wear as apparel by the general public.

http://thevandors.com/authentic.jpg

What you auction off are called “pro-cuts” and involve different elasticized materials, shortened elasticized sleeves, lengthened tighter bodies. Absent individual player customization they are otherwise virtually the same as the on-field uniform jerseys. In LT’s case, tapering the body toward the waist, cutting off the length and adding an elastic waistband would make the “pro cut” you auctioned off to me nearly identical to his game jersey. Your future references to these type of jerseys should really refer to them by this name.

mvandor
04-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Update: After some initial reluctance, NFL Auctions has agreed to either replace the LT jersey or refund my money if their next batch doesn't arrive in time to do a swap. I can only presume the LT in their current auction is their last in stock. BTW, the nameplate in that one is fine.

They've also indicated they appreciate the suggestion that they refer to these jerseys in future auctions as "pro cuts" and will do so.

In other words, they're trying to be reasonable on all fronts, as another poster indicated they had been with his friend in the past. Good sign.