X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LEGEND33
    • Nov 2005

TAG on Maravich jersey (Heritage)

Descrption says:
    "To the left is the factory fabric coding "68" affixed in appropriate zigzag stitching.!

I do know much about factory fabric code ....only that seems to be a 89 sewn upside-down...
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: TAG on Maravich jersey (Heritage)

Originally posted by LEGEND33
    Descrption says:
    "To the left is the factory fabric coding "68" affixed in appropriate zigzag stitching.!

I do know much about factory fabric code ....only that seems to be a 89 sewn upside-down...
    Lou looked at it and authenticated it, so you must be wrong!

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

By the way, just catching up as I was half-asleep when I made my post directly above this one.

This Maravich jersey has been floating around the hobby for awhile. It is a complete joke. It is obviously a sewn upside down "89" tag. I have no idea how Lou could authenticate this jersey.

Comment

• Eric
        • Jan 1970

I feel like we have discussed this exact jersey before- either here or on the old board. Someone had mentioned the possibility that the 68 tag could have been an upside down 89. Does anyone else remember that?
        Eric
        Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

This jersey was on a American Memorabilia auction sometime last year. It was discussed on the old forum. The "68" year tag is screen-printed, and 1989 Sand Knit "89" year tags are embroidered. It seems an upside-down reversal is unlikely and unreasonable. Does anyone have knowledge of Sand Knit factory codes?

Comment

Working...