PDA

View Full Version : TAG on Maravich jersey (Heritage)

LEGEND33
04-29-2006, 01:47 PM
http://sports.heritageauctions.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=704&Lot_No=19215#photo

Descrption says:
"To the left is the factory fabric coding "68" affixed in appropriate zigzag stitching.!

I do know much about factory fabric code ....only that seems to be a 89 sewn upside-down...

trsent
04-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Descrption says:
"To the left is the factory fabric coding "68" affixed in appropriate zigzag stitching.!

I do know much about factory fabric code ....only that seems to be a 89 sewn upside-down...

Lou looked at it and authenticated it, so you must be wrong!

trsent
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
By the way, just catching up as I was half-asleep when I made my post directly above this one.

This Maravich jersey has been floating around the hobby for awhile. It is a complete joke. It is obviously a sewn upside down "89" tag. I have no idea how Lou could authenticate this jersey.

Eric
04-29-2006, 09:19 PM
I feel like we have discussed this exact jersey before- either here or on the old board. Someone had mentioned the possibility that the 68 tag could have been an upside down 89. Does anyone else remember that?
Eric

both-teams-played-hard
04-30-2006, 06:21 PM
This jersey was on a American Memorabilia auction sometime last year. It was discussed on the old forum. The "68" year tag is screen-printed, and 1989 Sand Knit "89" year tags are embroidered. It seems an upside-down reversal is unlikely and unreasonable. Does anyone have knowledge of Sand Knit factory codes?