X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gameused
    • Nov 2005

103 MPH College Pitcher!

This guy throws gas, check it out!

Stephen Strasburg might throw harder than any pitcher ever. The college kid will soon discover how much that's worth.
  • AWA85
    • Jan 2008

Re: 103 MPH College Pitcher!

$$$$$$
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• 10thMan
      • Dec 2006

Man, I`m off to watch him practice...

Maybe he`ll sign a Ball for me?

Sean

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Yeah this topic was brought up a few weeks back on another thread.

Check out the video clip on the link. Cant wait to see what he dose in the Majors.

Comment

• ndevlin
          • Mar 2008

The Nationals would be fools to pass him up. I believe his agent Boras though.

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

The Nats will sign him and then trade him to some other team for a lesser player. Just ask VintageDeputy
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
              The Nats will sign him and then trade him to some other team for a lesser player. Just ask VintageDeputy
              Actually, I'm going to be pitching for the Nats. Along with my cat, my 2 kids, my neighbor's dog and my dead grandmother. We couldn't do any worse than the starting 5 that the Nats have been putting on the mound so far.

Comment

• tbone90
                • Nov 2008

Any of the above listed potential pitchers who don't make the cut please direct them to my Cleveland Indians. Our pitching has been a littel "suspect" to start the season...

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by tbone90
                  Any of the above listed potential pitchers who don't make the cut please direct them to my Cleveland Indians. Our pitching has been a littel "suspect" to start the season...

Tbone I can;t belive you said that!! I am shocked.
                  You have one of the best pitchers out there CARL PAVANO lol lol

I have to ask what were you guys thinking??? He has been one of, if not thee worse pitcher for 4 years. The Yankees were practically begging him to leave. The fans were begging him to leave.

Yet soon as he became a free agent the Indians scooped him right up.

I mean they didn't even let him linger on the market lol lol

Oye Vey!!

Comment

• allstarsplus
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ndevlin
                    The Nationals would be fools to pass him up. I believe his agent Boras though.
                    One name BORE_A$$. Have you heard the money they are already talking about? $50 mill upfront contract????

Also, there is the #1 pick curse for pitchers if you look at the entire history of the draft. There has never been a HOF pitcher picked at #1 overall.

Strasburg did alright in the Olympics last year when matched up against Minor League quality and some Major Leaguers.

Growing up in Maryland, I remember all too well the legend of Ben McDonald who was a can't miss power pitcher............

With all this said, I hope the Nationals take him!!!! :>) 20 smiles!!!!!
                    Regards,
                    Andrew Lang
                    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                    202-716-8500

Comment

• stkmtimo
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus

Growing up in Maryland, I remember all too well the legend of Ben McDonald who was a can't miss power pitcher............
                      Andrew, Ben McDonald was quite the stud pitcher with LSU but not so much with the Orioles

Tim

Comment

• allstarsplus
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by stkmtimo
                        Andrew, Ben McDonald was quite the stud pitcher with LSU but not so much with the Orioles

Tim
                        Tim - Exactly my point!!! I am not saying the same will happen with Strasburg, but Big Ben was hyped the same.

Then you have Mark Prior who signed the largest Draftee signing bonus and where is he now?
                        Regards,
                        Andrew Lang
                        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                        202-716-8500

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                          Tim - Exactly my point!!! I am not saying the same will happen with Strasburg, but Big Ben was hyped the same.

Then you have Mark Prior who signed the largest Draftee signing bonus and where is he now?
                          Let's not forget Phil Hughes hyped up to be the biggest phenom in years. Well we can put that one to bed.

I forgot his name there was another Yankees prospect pitcher some yaars back who was hyped up to be the biggest thing ever to baseball, a AROD of pitchers if you will, he got into one bar fight ruined his arm and never heard from him again.

Guys check out this link!!!

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.

Comment

• BULBUS
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
                            Let's not forget Phil Hughes hyped up to be the biggest phenom in years. Well we can put that one to bed.

I forgot his name there was another Yankees prospect pitcher some yaars back who was hyped up to be the biggest thing ever to baseball, a AROD of pitchers if you will, he got into one bar fight ruined his arm and never heard from him again.

I think his name was Brien Taylor???

I don't think you can label Hughes a bust yet. He is still very young, I think he was just rushed into a Yankees lineup with all the preasure of the world on his shoulders. I do not think Ian Kennedy will make it though.
                            Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                            sigpic
                            donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• MSpecht
                              • Oct 2005

Stephen Strasburg Update---

Through yesterday's game (May 1) here are his season stats:
                              W-10 L-0 , 1.38 ERA, 78 1/3 Innings, 48 hits, 13 Runs (12 earned), AND 15 Walks , 147 Strikeouts.

No real mystery why he is packing them in, even on the road --- Capacity crowd of 1,496 at Santa Clara yesterday -- a 5-0 San Diego State win.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

Working...