PDA

View Full Version : Has Grey Flannel Lost It?

mvandor
04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I could not recall if I had previously registered at Grey Flannel, but couldn't get logged in so I tried to register. However, I couldn't because I didn't have the two auction house references, so I emailed them. First a Debbie emails me that I'm in their system but they need to update my address/phone/credit card, which I replied to.

Then I get the below from a higher up:
Mr. Vandor,
Please disregard the previous email from Debbie in my accounting department. If you would like to bid in my auctions and have no references, we require you to put money up front. I would need you to send me a bank check/certified check for $10,000 to my attention at the address below. Once I have it, I will clear you to bid. If you do not win any items in my auction, I will refund your money after the conclusion of the auction on April 29th, 2009.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Be well.
Thank You,
T.J. Favilla
Auction Director - Grey Flannel Auctions
8 Moniebogue Lane
Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
631-288-7800 x221
TJ@GreyFlannelAuctions.com
www.GreyFlannelAuctions.com (http://www.GreyFlannelAuctions.com)
www.GreyFlannel.com (http://www.greyflannel.com/)
I'm looking at a lower end item or two, not a "Premier" item. I'm going to tie up 10 gr with auction houses rolling out of business or into bankruptcy??? I think not.

My reply:

$10,000 given all the auction houses closing or near bankruptcy. You must be crazy.

trsent
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I could not recall if I had previously registered at Grey Flannel, but couldn't get logged in so I tried to register. However, I couldn't because I didn't have the two auction house references, so I emailed them. First a Debbie emails me that I'm in their system but they need to update my address/phone/credit card, which I replied to.

Then I get the below from a higher up:
Mr. Vandor,
Please disregard the previous email from Debbie in my accounting department. If you would like to bid in my auctions and have no references, we require you to put money up front. I would need you to send me a bank check/certified check for $10,000 to my attention at the address below. Once I have it, I will clear you to bid. If you do not win any items in my auction, I will refund your money after the conclusion of the auction on April 29th, 2009.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Be well.
Thank You,
T.J. Favilla

Auction Director - Grey Flannel Auctions

8 Moniebogue Lane

Westhampton Beach, NY 11978

631-288-7800 x221

TJ@GreyFlannelAuctions.com

www.GreyFlannelAuctions.com (http://www.GreyFlannelAuctions.com)

www.GreyFlannel.com (http://www.greyflannel.com/)
I'm looking at a lower end item or two, not a "Premier" item. I'm going to tie up 10 gr with auction houses rolling out of business or into bankruptcy??? I think not.

My reply:
$10,000 given all the auction houses closing or near bankruptcy. You must be crazy.

You should have us all pitch in some to help you pay the deposit for the privilege to bid.

mvandor
04-15-2009, 12:37 PM
You should have us all pitch in some to help you pay the deposit for the privilege to bid.

Wry humor I assume. It's not a question of financial ability it's a question of risk. AMI looks to be rolling into bankruptcy, another auction house has ceased operation and reopened under another name, others simply aren't paying consignors.

I'd have to be a complete fool to send $10,000 to an auction house for a deposit in this economic environment.

kingjammy24
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
color me confused again. GFC's auction website states that in order to bid "you will be required to provide a valid credit card number". seems like typical auction protocol to me. however, if they have a valid credit card number, why then the need for a $10k cash deposit? in case i bid and don't pay? run the card! that's what they took it for isn't it?

the real problem of course is that if you purchase a bad piece from GFC and put it on a credit card, you can remedy the situation instantly by instructing your card to reverse the charge. if you send them a money order, as they're instructing, you're SOL.

how's this for a slogan:
"Grey Flannel Auctions is not responsible for computer or human error which may result in any customer dissatisfaction"

anyway, i notice TJ's bio says he "worked at yankee stadium for 4 years" but strangely neglects to say exactly what he did at yankee stadium for those 4 yrs. anyone know?

rudy.

suave1477
04-15-2009, 12:58 PM
anyway, i notice TJ's bio says he "worked at yankee stadium for 4 years" but strangely neglects to say exactly what he did at yankee stadium for those 4 yrs. anyone know?

rudy.

Rudy you don't know Freddy The Pan Man???

http://www.preservationnation.org/assets/photos-images/preservation-magazine/2008/sept-oct/DSC01547.JPG

kingjammy24
04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
i know it's off-topic but it just struck me as odd; to overtly make a point of saying he worked at yankee stadium but completely fail to elaborate on the position. obviously, working at yankee stadium isn't the same thing as working for the yankees so it's got me curious. i imagine it was brought up by GFC because it's somehow relevant to his current position as auction director. if it's relevant, then i'd be interested in hearing what exactly TJ did at yankee stadium.

rudy.

camarokids
04-15-2009, 02:44 PM

My reply:

This must be their way of quietly refusing you access to bid in their auctions.

Do think this could be because you are a member of GUU?????

I have never placed a bid with a "major" auction house. I did bid in Historic's auction once. At the time I lived down the road from them, so I could have picked up any winnings in person.....

otismalibu
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Do think this could be because you are a member of GUU???

I think they have a different email for that.

Here's the one I got :)

I would prefer that you not bid in my auctions. In reading your online postings concerning Grey Flannel, I see nothing but negativity towards us. Therefore, with this in mind, I see no reason to allow you to bid and greatly appreciate your understanding in this matter. I wish you well.

mvandor
04-15-2009, 02:56 PM
This must be their way of quietly refusing you access to bid in their auctions.

Do think this could be because you are a member of GUU?????

Could be, the first email I received asked for updated info, which was reasonable, followed by the second email with the $10,000 demand from the auction honcho. Perhaps he looked here and verified my membership, or even saw I've made a commennt or two about their lack of effort to authenticate their items as of late.

kingjammy24
04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
there's something disturbing here, besides TJ's infantile customer service skills. one of the main responsibilities of an auction house is to try to fetch the highest price for their consigners.

i wonder how the consigner of the item(s) greg was planning to bid on would feel if knew that TJ shrunk the bidding pool on his item(s) simply out of personal spite or the consigner of the item lower-end item(s) mvandor was planning to bid on knowing that a ridiculous $10k deposit was being required. there is no mention of any such deposit required on their website. it simply says that if you don't have references, you'll be asked to leave a credit card.

imagine if you consigned an item to an auction house and that auction house was rejecting eligible bidders simply because some employee didn't like them. if i was a consigner, i'd be pissed. oh wait, you don't have to imagine it, it's the current GFC business model. brilliant. run an auction house like some sort of grade school playground.

"with this in mind, I see no reason to allow you to bid"

with the fact that greg posted on GUU in mind, TJ sees no reason to deliver the maximum return to his consigners by allowing a eligible bidder to participate? i guess you only learn that kind of sharp business sense spending "4 yrs at yankee stadium".

rudy.

hblakewolf
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
there's something disturbing here, besides TJ's infantile customer service skills. one of the main responsibilities of an auction house is to try to fetch the highest price for their consigners.

i wonder how the consigner of the item(s) greg was planning to bid on would feel if knew that TJ shrunk the bidding pool on his item(s) simply out of personal spite or the consigner of the item lower-end item(s) mvandor was planning to bid on knowing that a ridiculous $10k deposit was being required. there is no mention of any such deposit required on their website. it simply says that if you don't have references, you'll be asked to leave a credit card.

imagine if you consigned an item to an auction house and that auction house was rejecting eligible bidders simply because some employee didn't like them. if i was a consigner, i'd be pissed. oh wait, you don't have to imagine it, it's the current GFC business model. brilliant. run an auction house like some sort of grade school playground.

"with this in mind, I see no reason to allow you to bid"

with the fact that greg posted on GUU in mind, TJ sees no reason to deliver the maximum return to his consigners by allowing a eligible bidder to participate? i guess you only learn that kind of sharp business sense spending "4 yrs at yankee stadium".

rudy.

Rudy-
you made another interesting post recently about Grey Flannel. According to O'Keffe's story, a bogus Ripken jersey was purchased from Grey Flannel; rather than simply reimburse the buyer's $2,475, (and avoid the publicity), Russik comes to the People's Court, "admitted his company had erred" and "looked like a whipped dog".

Kingjammy24 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=559) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_82729", true);

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Best of O'Keeffe: Lots of Grey area in game-worn rip-offs
Lots of Grey area in game-worn rip-offs

By Michael O'Keeffe
New York Daily News

Justice may be blind, Grey Flannel president Richard Russek recently learned, but it certainly knows when a letter of authenticity ain't worth a damn.

Grey Flannel, the Long Island sports memorabilia house, bills itself as the world's foremost authenticator of game-used jerseys, but Judge Marilyn Milian issued a sharp dissent in a July 7 broadcast of "The People's Court."

"The Case of the Ripken Rip-off" began when collector John Cherpock bought what dealer Sean Ford claimed was a Cal Ripken game-used retro jersey tailored for the second game of the Orioles' July 18, 2001, doubleheader with the Texas Rangers. Cherpock paid $2,475 for the jersey, which was accompanied by a letter of authenticity from Grey Flannel.

"I wouldn't have bought it without the letter from Grey Flannel," Cherpock said.

Six months later, Cherpock consigned the jersey to Robert Edward Auctions. The New Jersey auction sent it back because, contrary to Grey Flannel's LOA, the second game of the doubleheader was canceled thanks to a chemical spill that shut down parts of downtown Baltimore.

Cherpock told Russek and Grey Flannel CEO Howard Rosenkrantz he wanted them to reimburse him for the $2,475. Grey Flannel was liable, Cherpock says, because it issued the letter vouching for the jersey. "This is why people pay premiums for certificates, because they hold themselves out as experts," Cherpock says. Russek and Rosenkrantz offered Cherpock the $400 Ford had spent to get the jersey authenticated. Cherpock filed suit in Nassau County small-claims court, but agreed to bring the case to TV when contacted by The People's Court producers.

"Even if I lost, I would have let the public know what kind of guys they are," he says.

Before Judge Milian, Russek admitted his company had erred. But he said Grey Flannel didn't owe Cherpock the $2,475 because Cherpock didn't hire Grey Flannel. Besides, he added, a disclaimer on the bottom of the certificate of authenticity was just opinion.

Russek said Grey Flannel thought it had reliable sources for its opinion - a letter from a limo driver who said Ripken gave him the jersey and a letter from a guy named Charles Jeffrey - but he later acknowledged he didn't even have a letter from the driver.

"Let me talk to you about negligence," the judge said. "There are two types of negligence. There's plain old simple negligences, and then there is negligence that is so out there, that is so bad, that is so wrong, that it is gross negligence...it takes two seconds to just find out if the game even ended up being played on the date and time you are certifying."

Milian then went ballistic: "What you have is just a paragraph signed by some schmo named Charles Jeffrey with no address, no phone number!" she screamed.

By the end of the show, Russek looked like a whipped dog. "This is what gives the memorabilia business the bad reputation that it enjoys right now," the exit interviewer told him.

"Yeah, well listen, in almost all cases we're correct," Russek countered. "We made a mistake. The judge ruled. What can I say?"

"Yeah, but gross negligence," the interviewer added. "You didn't even try."

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

gingi79
04-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Grey Flannel. I have no interest in consigning or bidding with them after this most recent debacle. I don't mean the countless items proved to be fake by this website. I mean the underhanded bush league crap pulled by GF illustrated in this thread. Not to mention I stopped dealing with them when they were 10 minutes away and still made me pay $25 in shipping because "the item isn't in this office" They mailed it from their "other" location even though I paid to the Long Island location and the postmark came through Long Island. :mad:

If posting on this board upsets an Auction Company to the point where they demand $10k or refuse to allow you to bid, they obviously have something to hide and believe the comments from this board are causing them to lose business. However, I might have had interest in some other items from their auction but nevermind now.

I'm sure they won't miss my business. Considering how many people in this very small hobby will now think twice about bidding with them because of their business practices, they will lose money however. In this economy, most people are selling their items to make ends meet. I have to wonder what other juvenile tricks the company is pulling to limit the already diminished bidder pool?

Far be it for me to tell other collectors what to do but I think their actions speak for themselves.

camarokids
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I think they have a different email for that.

Here's the one I got :)

I would prefer that you not bid in my auctions. In reading your online postings concerning Grey Flannel, I see nothing but negativity towards us. Therefore, with this in mind, I see no reason to allow you to bid and greatly appreciate your understanding in this matter. I wish you well.

That is pretty sad. They should be adult enough about it and accept the findings and learn from it. Not label it as negativity criticism.

After all, the members here are actually helping them by pointing out their items that are listed incorrectly or that are not legit.

Unless they prefer to sell illegitimate items to unsuspecting customers????

I guess it is their business to run as they see fit, even if they run it into the ground :D....

One thing the "major" auction houses have going for them is, there are tons of rich people out there with tons more money than brains. These rich bidders will spend big money while having a blind trust in these auction houses. Also they do so without doing any research themselves (homework).....

I guess I won't be allowed to bid in their auctions now, oh well :rolleyes:.....

Anybody want to buy a SuperMan cape for 30K :rolleyes: ?????

both-teams-played-hard
04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
After all, the members here are actually helping them by pointing out their items that are listed incorrectly or that are not legit.

Stoppit Camarokids....you're making too much sense!:)

mvandor
04-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I should add that around the time I began emailing about getting access for bidding, I also had emailed them about the Jerry Rice jersey in their auction (see http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=24592), pointing out that the wide nameplate is inconsistent with 2000 photos of Rice, sending them photographic proof.

Never received a reply and item was not removed.

trsent
04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Ok, so it appears Grey Flannel is picking on those who they feel are picking on them.

Pretty interesting concept. Weather they are right or wrong, weather someone brings up The People's Court (every time?), weather someone asks what John Doe did at Yankee Stadium, maybe they are finally telling us that they do not wish to accept bids from people who question their item in a public forum.

I wonder if the item were not posted on this forum if they would have replied to questions via email and they figure if someone posts the question on here they are going to ignore genuine questions? I am not stating this is what is happening or this is right or wrong, but it appears this is the new Grey Flannel concept from all the posts on here.

I would take a different stance, but it is interesting to see that this may be the new position of Grey Flannel.

otismalibu
04-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I wonder if the item were not posted on this forum if they would have replied to questions via email and they figure if someone posts the question on here they are going to ignore genuine questions?

Just to be clear...the times I've posted here regarding GFC items that were either in their auction or in their sales section, I first emailed GFC with the question/comment. They've never replied to those emails.

both-teams-played-hard
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Grey Flannel has some really nice basketball jerseys in their current auctions. Some sweet ABA stuff...a 60s Evansville Aces...DC Truckers...some relics, so rare, that the average collector has minimal interest. Did anybody see that Don Buse All-Star award watch? Some one-of-a-kind beautiful items. As for the modern NBA shirts that every major auction house sells. Pass... I don't use it. Funny thing is those modern shirts sell. The rich are getting younger everyday. They're f**kin' up the rotation. They're screwing with supply and demand. They're making the pricing structure askew. They don't know DC Truckers from Old Dan Tucker's. Why would anyone who is sober and lucid buy a recent NBA gamer from anyone besides Meigrey or NBA auctions. A lot of these buyers are not collectors at all. They're sports fans who want to hang a jersey in their basement/pool room/bar.
A possible BronBron or Kobe gamer will always outsell an Evansville Aces.

trsent
04-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Just to be clear...the times I've posted here regarding GFC items that were either in their auction or in their sales section, I first emailed GFC with the question/comment. They've never replied to those emails.

I guess my question is if they just are ignoring those emails because they come from Game Used Universe members or if they just don't like to read about customer concerns that may cause an item to be pulled from an auction?

Grey Flannel has some really nice basketball jerseys in their current auctions. Some sweet ABA stuff...a 60s Evansville Aces...DC Truckers...some relics, so rare, that the average collector has minimal interest. Did anybody see that Don Buse All-Star award watch? Some one-of-a-kind beautiful items. As for the modern NBA shirts that every major auction house sells. Pass... I don't use it. Funny thing is those modern shirts sell. The rich are getting younger everyday. They're f**kin' up the rotation. They're screwing with supply and demand. They're making the pricing structure askew. They don't know DC Truckers from Old Dan Tucker's. Why would anyone who is sober and lucid buy a recent NBA gamer from anyone besides Meigrey or NBA auctions. A lot of these buyers are not collectors at all. They're sports fans who want to hang a jersey in their basement/pool room/bar.
A possible BronBron or Kobe gamer will always outsell an Evansville Aces.

Nice to hear one of our resident experts tell us he approves of a lot of the vintage NBA-ABA stuff. I personally find that stuff cool, but I am always a mark for WHA hockey jerseys before the old basketball stuff for some reason.

both-teams-played-hard
04-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Nice to hear one of our resident experts tell us he approves of a lot of the vintage NBA-ABA stuff. I personally find that stuff cool, but I am always a mark for WHA hockey jerseys before the old basketball stuff for some reason.
I don't know spit about hockey. However, I dig the 60s and 70s durenes...the crests and the logos...true works of graphic art. Over the last few years, I have sold my durene hockey collection (NorthStars, St. Louis Blues, Cleveland Barons, etc.). ABA is the WHA of hockey. Just like the ABA is the WFL of Football. Defunct teams make the collecting world go 'round.
BTW....I AM NOT AN EXPERT AT ANYTHING. Grey Flannel seems to get some great vintage stuff. The new stuff is too hard to authenticate and clouds the air of the good stuff. The truly rare, valuable and hard-to-find stuff doesn't get the prices.
Don't make no sense!

reed1216
04-16-2009, 02:49 AM
BTPH- How's it going? I wanted to get your opinions on the two Walter Davis jerseys in Grey Flannel's auction...
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=20537

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=20566

I know you said you're not an expert, but you've seen a lot of great vintage NBA shirts. Personally, I like the Nuggets one a bit better, but both look authentic to me.

I also wanted to thank you again for the Davis you sold me. I absolutely love it!

bigtime59
04-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Perhaps TJ's job at Yankee $tadium was to force people to stand and salute during the interminable renditions of "God Bless America"?
That could explain the "rubber truncheon" writing style employed in his letters! :eek:

mvandor
04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
I guess my question is if they just are ignoring those emails because they come from Game Used Universe members or if they just don't like to read about customer concerns that may cause an item to be pulled from an auction?

Does it really matter?

Fact is they had a ton of bad jerseys, several still are up (Namath and Rice that I know of). They never respond to emails expressing concerns it seems, and play games to keep GUU members from their auctions - oor people that nicely point out issues with items. As said earlier, they're cutting the buying pool down for their sellers, foolishly.

hblakewolf
04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Does it really matter?

Fact is they had a ton of bad jerseys, several still are up (Namath and Rice that I know of). They never respond to emails expressing concerns it seems, and play games to keep GUU members from their auctions - oor people that nicely point out issues with items. As said earlier, they're cutting the buying pool down for their sellers, foolishly.

As noted in the Chris Leak thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=24394

My colleague emailed the folks at Grey Flannel through his personal email account, seeking specific information about this jersey (I also emailed my concerens about this jersey). My colleague has never posted on this Forum, nor has his name been on this Forum. His email was sent on 4-1-09, and as of this post, no reply has been received by either of us.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

both-teams-played-hard
04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
BTPH- How's it going? I wanted to get your opinions on the two Walter Davis jerseys in Grey Flannel's auction...
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=20537

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=20566

I know you said you're not an expert, but you've seen a lot of great vintage NBA shirts. Personally, I like the Nuggets one a bit better, but both look authentic to me.

I also wanted to thank you again for the Davis you sold me. I absolutely love it!
Reed
I noticed both jerseys, and both look good to me. Again, Grey Flannel does sell some nice stuff. The mesh Suns is a couple of years more recent than your purple knit (probably around 81-82, before they went to Wilson). I think if you want a complete Sweet D collection, then this is a great place to start.
Yes, I had the Sweet D for 20+ years, so I miss it..glad it is with a true collector!
keep in contact,
Warren

trsent
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Does it really matter?

Maybe they don't think the way you think.

I am not defending them for ignoring your emails. Maybe 10 items were removed from an 854 item auction. You don't like that two items are still there and they want $10,000 for the privilege of letting you bid in their auction for what we can assume is because they don't like that you questioned the authenticity of a couple of items.

So, will you continue to post negative replies to every post I make about the situation?

I believe they feel that this forum is a nuisance and it looks like their stance is if you question them they don't want you as a customer and we can complain about it or just take our business elsewhere.

I would think you would pick up the phone and ask Ritchie about his stance in your situation. It appears you are a good customer if you find an item authentic and maybe this could be cleared up with a phone call. I see 631-288-7800 as a phone number from their web site.

trsent
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
By the way - After the way you have been treated I would guess you would take your business elsewhere as I personally won't spend money with people who make me feel like they don't want my money.

mvandor
04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
or just take our business elsewhere.

That is what I will do.

Given the economy and the edge many auction houses are on right now, GF needs people like me far more than I need another jersey. I guarantee you the sellers need all the buyers in the mix they can get right now, two reasons why GF's response to me was counterproductive, and unintelligent business.

If that's typical for them, I'll be interested to see if they survive the balance of the recession. You don't run a business that way, you simply don't.

But hey, keep stickin' up for the auction houses, that seems to be your shtick. I did everything right in my dealings with GF, I've got nothing to apologize for.

helmets
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Michael:
I've had a similar experience with GF.

I emailed them with a concern on a helmet. I never received a reply. I tried to log in last year to bid on one of their helmets. I could not log in. I called and was told the same thing, that I was suspended, and that if I wanted to bid, I had to send them a certified check for 5 or 10 grand. I asked the reason and they stated that I never paid for a jersey that I bought from them. What a load of crap. I don't collect jerseys, nor have I ever bought one from a major auction house.

I have spent a ton of money on helmets from HA, Mastro, Hunt, and even American Mem. I've never had a problem and never not paid for an auction. Steiner recently shipped a GU helmet to me without even charging my card. I called them to let them know what had happened, and they explained that they moved and it would be charged.

I will never buy from GF again.

TNTtoys
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Michael:
I've had a similar experience with GF.

I emailed them with a concern on a helmet. I never received a reply. I tried to log in last year to bid on one of their helmets. I could not log in. I called and was told the same thing, that I was suspended, and that if I wanted to bid, I had to send them a certified check for 5 or 10 grand. I asked the reason and they stated that I never paid for a jersey that I bought from them. What a load of crap. I don't collect jerseys, nor have I ever bought one from a major auction house.

I have spent a ton of money on helmets from HA, Mastro, Hunt, and even American Mem. I've never had a problem and never not paid for an auction. Steiner recently shipped a GU helmet to me without even charging my card. I called them to let them know what had happened, and they explained that they moved and it would be charged.

I will never buy from GF again.

Guys,

I too have had the same experience with Grey Flannel. This is becoming quite a reoccurring theme with them...

I phoned them to express a concern with a couple of jerseys. Next thing I knew, my account was locked too. I called them again to see what was going on and was told that if I wanted to bid, I had to "send them a cashiers check or money order for the dollar amount of the bids I wished to place... Any remainder will be refunded to me." From that point, I never even considering bidding in another of their auctions again.

I too have spent a fair bit at other auction houses...Heritage, Mastro, Hunt, etc., and ditto, never had a single issue with making a payment. The other intangible is how many items I bid on and lost, only to result in the final price of the item being jacked up (which in turn made the auction houses more money than they would have gotten otherwise).

suicide_squeeze
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
On a similar note.....

I never received a return phone call from Mr. Russek to "clear up" the letter I was sent from their attorney.

I left the message with T.J.

Maybe he just doesn't like me?

reed1216
04-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Reed
I noticed both jerseys, and both look good to me. Again, Grey Flannel does sell some nice stuff. The mesh Suns is a couple of years more recent than your purple knit (probably around 81-82, before they went to Wilson). I think if you want a complete Sweet D collection, then this is a great place to start.
Yes, I had the Sweet D for 20+ years, so I miss it..glad it is with a true collector!
keep in contact,
Warren

Thanks for the advice. I might just bid on one of them. Have a great weekend!!

kirkb
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
For what its worth you can add me to the list. I emailed them telling them their recently listed Barry Sanders 1992 home was no good. How do I know? One exists and I own it. Pics and explanation coming soon. Bought July 1993 directly from Lions charities. Exact photo match. Same rips every week. One of the most faked jersies in the hobby.
When I tried to log in on another lot I couldn't. Emailed them asking why and was told I'm currently blocked. No explanation. I'm not that concerned. But there appears to be an awfull lot of this going on.

Jags Fan Dan
04-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I was really going to register and bid on a certain jersey in the auction (can anybody guess which one?), but after reading all of this I have no desire. But if anybody wins a cetain jersey and wants to turn a quick $50 on it, let me know.

kingjammy24
04-17-2009, 07:08 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3252/russek.jpg

rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
So Rudy, which lot are you bidding on?

mr.miracle
04-17-2009, 07:14 PM

rudy.

Rudy, man you are killing me, I am trying to get off the floor I am laughing so hard.

kirkb
04-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I forgot to mention....they did pull the Sanders??? So why ban me?

jonincleve
04-17-2009, 07:52 PM
rudy, i do not think you are on their mailing list anymore, also no more christmas cards, no more catalogs...nothing you get nothing...no game used for you! (my best no soup for you reference)

also in order for you to bid now, you will need 1 million dollars in cash, small unmarked bills. of course this will be refunded if your bids do not exceed that amount.

and you are now banned from the basketball hall of fame (connections).

:) great judge judy

take care
john

mvandor
04-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Rudy, man you are killing me, I am trying to get off the floor I am laughing so hard.

Co-sign!!! :D

mvandor
04-17-2009, 08:07 PM
I forgot to mention....they did pull the Sanders??? So why ban me?

You cost them $!!!!!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Hootto/SOUPNAZI.png

b.heagy
04-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Rudy,
That is classic ! This should be saved - place a sticky on that one Chris.

aeneas01
04-18-2009, 02:19 AM
brutal content aside, that's some damn nice art work kj - seriously, stan lee has absolutely nothing on you! did you piece/fit those frames together on your own or did you use some sort of software package? again, seriously, that's some damn nice art work!

btw this is just the type of thing that will get those c&d wheels turning - can we expect another exciting c&d thread from you as well if someone comes a knockin' at your door? :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/BlairWitchProjectII.jpg

hblakewolf
04-21-2009, 09:07 PM

rudy.

Rudy-

No doubt, some of your best work yet!

Do you or any other Forum reader have a copy or know where the original episode of this People's court with the bogus Ripken jersey fiasco can be seen?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

blackbeard
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Interesting. I worked at GF for a while a few years back and never heard of this policy.

That comic of rich is hilarious.

rj_lucas
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Auction houses like knowledgable bidders about as much as casinos like knowledgable betters.

Without the uninformed masses, both would be out of business.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

sportscrazy13
05-31-2009, 09:46 PM

rudy.

LMAO!!!