PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

DoctorLoomis
04-15-2009, 10:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-TERRELL-OWENS-GAME-WORN-EAGLES-FOOTBALL-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ250407913399QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVin tage_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item250407913399&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A200

Terrell Owens has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length. I have posted photos from the 2004 season. Let the impeachment process begin........

Where do these crooks come from? By the way...the owner states the jersey was authenticated by a major auction house. I wonder who????

b.heagy
04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
What did Bob say when you brought this item to his attention? He states he will give the name of the auction house upon request. He is a reputable dealer and stand up guy.

trsent
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Someone called Bob a crook because they have a jersey that they don't like?

Funny - I assume the questioner asked in advance questions about the jersey and the seller would have answered. Isn't there a policy about this?

trsent
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-TERRELL-OWENS-GAME-WORN-EAGLES-FOOTBALL-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ250407913399QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVin tage_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item250407913399&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A200

Terrell Owens has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length. I have posted photos from the 2004 season. Let the impeachment process begin........

Where do these crooks come from? By the way...the owner states the jersey was authenticated by a major auction house. I wonder who????

Doogie, just wondering, how do you know, for a fact, that TO never wore a jersey with six inches of extra length? What was the process you used to discover this fact?

A couple of Getty images photos doesn't prove anything - Do you have proof beyond a doubt? What did the seller say when you asked them about this?

Why do you think the seller is a "crook"? What did they do or say to deserve that title? Do you believe they are selling a bad jersey intentionally to defraud someone? What is your thought process to call someone a criminal who may be confused about what is genuine since they state they bought it from what they must feel to be a reputable auction house?

suicide_squeeze
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
It all comes down to what "game-used" means....

I believe that was Terrell Owens nightgown.....hence the extra length to cover the "privates" from guests view at his famous slumber parties....:eek:

TriplexXxSports
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
It all comes down to what "game-used" means....

I believe that was Terrell Owens nightgown.....hence the extra length to cover the "privates" from guests view at his famous slumber parties....:eek:

....never had a problem making me laugh. I was going to comment on the 'dress' earlier, but I let it ride.

Thanks for the laugh!:D

Now to what LOOMIS said about this seller, and his item. I think that people should take caution with their choice of words before unloading their opinions, especially w/o the proper info!

LOOMIS, you could have used 100 different variations to express your thoughts. 'CROOK', 'Let the impeachment process begin', and words such as that are not the best choice.

TRSENT & B.HEAVY have it right.

I am very interested in how you are able to prove, without a reasonable doubt, that this seller is a 'crook' and that TO 'has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length'

I think that you owe it to the us and the seller for your EXPLICIT accusations.

DoctorLoomis
04-16-2009, 08:31 PM
I will tell you how I can PROVE it. I know an employee of Ripon PERSONALLY. I have access to what teams actually order for the players to wear on the field. I know exactly...spec for spec...what was ordered for T.O.. Thats how I know. If you want to but that bad jersey then please spend on.

DoctorLoomis
04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
By the way I do apolgize for the "crook" comment. I simply have seen so many bad items on eBay that are obviously meant to defraud innocent buyers. I should not have said that about this seller.

However, when it comes to jerseys made by Ripon, I have DIRECT confidential info on EXACTLY what teams order. You can not get more expert info than that.

b.heagy
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
By the way I do apolgize for the "crook" comment. I simply have seen so many bad items on eBay that are obviously meant to defraud innocent buyers. I should not have said that about this seller.

However, when it comes to jerseys made by Ripon, I have DIRECT confidential info on EXACTLY what teams order. You can not get more expert info than that.

Always good to have a reputable source like that. Have you emailed Bob with your concerns? I am sure he will pull the auction or place an amendum to the description. Thanks for the heads up on the jersey.

DoctorLoomis
04-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I have never met Bob and once again I apologize for my comment. I simply got frustrated at what I assumed was another disingenuous seller. I shall use more restraint in the future.

b.heagy
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I would make him aware of your concerns. I know he will do the right thing.

DoctorLoomis
04-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I am curious who the auction house was and who the authenticator was? I suppose Lou.........

suicide_squeeze
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I have never met Bob and once again I apologize for my comment. I simply got frustrated at what I assumed was another disingenuous seller. I shall use more restraint in the future.

Doc,

Take it from me, partner......We all have regrets from a posting we may have made at ONE point or another.....;)

suicide_squeeze
04-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Always good to have a reputable source like that. Have you emailed Bob with your concerns? I am sure he will pull the auction or place an amendum to the description. Thanks for the heads up on the jersey.

Is http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifbthoven14 (http://myworld.ebay.com/bthoven14/) (ebay user name) a forum member? Some of you here seem to know of him.....just curious, because I've never had any dealing with him.....

Thanks,

Steve

b.heagy
04-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Not a member as far as I know. Very reputable dealer, Bob McCann. Does alot of advertising in various publications and has weekly ebay auctions. Mainly a vintage memorabilia dealer but has branched out into a few newer items as of late. I have dealt with Bob on many occasions in person, always a pleasure.

jondris
04-17-2009, 09:50 AM

All due respect your info is obviously NOT confidential .....

I wonder how many others have your so called information :p

xpress34
04-17-2009, 12:17 PM

I wonder how many others have your so called information :p

;) I was thinking the same thing.

If his FRIEND is the one who works there and the Info is supposedly CONFIDENTIAL, his FRIEND could end up out of a job if they find out that he shared this CONFIDENTIAL info with ANYONE.

As many guys here know, I use to work for both Rawlings and Nike and the CONFIDENTIALITY agreements we had to sign when it came to PLAYER info is IRONCLAD - you can't even tell your wife or kids if you know something.

Just my .02

- Chris

DoctorLoomis
04-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Whatever you say. I am done with this thread. I try to educate people and some of you simply will not listen. Tell you what...buy the jersey. Bid till it hurts. From now on I will keep my evidence and knowledge to myself.

DoctorLoomis
04-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Have fun with that T.O. "gamer" with 6 inches of added length.........

trsent
04-18-2009, 07:53 AM
I have a question that I would like answered.

Is it possible that the extra length is not a reason for concern but that the sleeves are linemen cut sleeves and that should be more of a concern?

The seller still needs to be contacted but I am pretty sure there are issues with the sleeves that no one has mentioned.

mvandor
04-18-2009, 08:14 AM
I have a question that I would like answered.

Is it possible that the extra length is not a reason for concern but that the sleeves are linemen cut sleeves and that should be more of a concern?

The seller still needs to be contacted but I am pretty sure there are issues with the sleeves that no one has mentioned.

Good catch (yes I can give credit where credit is due, Joel).

That jersey bears the characteristics of the TYPICAL NFL Auctions sold pro-cut for a skill position player, although size and added length vary on their sold items. I'm looking at the Gates I won last week, and the only real diff appears to be the size (44 versus 48) and the amount of added length (6" versus 4").

mvandor
04-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Good catch (yes I can give credit where credit is due, Joel).

That jersey bears the characteristics of the TYPICAL NFL Auctions sold pro-cut for a skill position player, although size and added length vary on their sold items. I'm looking at the Gates I won last week, and the only real diff appears to be the size (44 versus 48) and the amount of added length (6" versus 4").

Sorry, I meant to say lineman cut confirming Joel's comment, the 'L' in the neck tag would confirm that (as I was reminded the other day during a mental lapse in another thread).

mvandor
04-18-2009, 08:21 AM
BTW, I DID email these concerns to the seller via ebay's message system.

xpress34
04-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Whatever you say. I am done with this thread. I try to educate people and some of you simply will not listen. Tell you what...buy the jersey. Bid till it hurts. From now on I will keep my evidence and knowledge to myself.

Dr Loomis -

Sorry if you got your feelings hurt by my comment or that of jondris

I wonder how many others have your so called information

But the statements you made are pretty bold and in MY Opinion could get your 'friend' in a LOT of hot water if anyone from Ripon saw this thread:

I will tell you how I can PROVE it. I know an employee of Ripon PERSONALLY. I have access to what teams actually order for the players to wear on the field. I know exactly...spec for spec...what was ordered for T.O.. Thats how I know. If you want to but that bad jersey then please spend on.

That is ALL that jondris and myself were questioning.

In a nutshell, you claim that your 'friend' is the EMPLOYEE, but YOU have DIRECT ACCESS to CONFIDENTIAL Company Info.

ALL that I was questioning is either you or your friend putting his job into jeopardy if he is allowing you to see - or giving you so called CONFIDENTIAL (again, YOUR term) information.

As far as the jersey - or T.O. for that matter - I could care less. I only collect baseball, but I read the other forums just to see what's going on in the hobby with the auction houses and auction sites when items are called into question.

- Chris

trsent
04-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Dr Loomis -

Sorry if you got your feelings hurt by my comment or that of jondris

But the statements you made are pretty bold and in MY Opinion could get your 'friend' in a LOT of hot water if anyone from Ripon saw this thread:

That is ALL that jondris and myself were questioning.

In a nutshell, you claim that your 'friend' is the EMPLOYEE, but YOU have DIRECT ACCESS to CONFIDENTIAL Company Info.

ALL that I was questioning is either you or your friend putting his job into jeopardy if he is allowing you to see - or giving you so called CONFIDENTIAL (again, YOUR term) information.

As far as the jersey - or T.O. for that matter - I could care less. I only collect baseball, but I read the other forums just to see what's going on in the hobby with the auction houses and auction sites when items are called into question.

- Chris

Chris - Doogie Howser has all sorts of inside information.

rinkrelics
04-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Just to let everyone know, I have had correspondence with the seller, and he seems to be very honest and forthcoming. The jersey came from Hunt Auctions, and I personally have dealt with them many times in the past with great results. I have even consigned in the past with their company. Bob also will stand behind the jersey with 100% refund if you choose to have the jersey authenticated by a reputable source. While I feel the forum is an important resource and a great source of information, we must refrain from a rush to judgement until there is strong documentation to a shirt being problematic. Just for arguement sake, who is to say the shirt was'nt a special request by the player, and used only for a short period of time. Im not saying to rush to bid on it....just something to think about. Skip

mvandor
04-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Just to let everyone know, I have had correspondence with the seller, and he seems to be very honest and forthcoming. The jersey came from Hunt Auctions, and I personally have dealt with them many times in the past with great results. I have even consigned in the past with their company. Bob also will stand behind the jersey with 100% refund if you choose to have the jersey authenticated by a reputable source. While I feel the forum is an important resource and a great source of information, we must refrain from a rush to judgement until there is strong documentation to a shirt being problematic. Just for arguement sake, who is to say the shirt was'nt a special request by the player, and used only for a short period of time. Im not saying to rush to bid on it....just something to think about. Skip

There really isn't a plausible explanation for a WR to wear a lineman's jersey in a game that I can think of, and certainly no photo evidence of this remarkable oddity has been uncovered.

I have yet to hear from selller myself.

sonic
04-19-2009, 12:09 AM
For what its worth (T.O. could have gained weight), I own a legit T.O. Cowboys gamer (Prova/Steiner) and it's a size 46. Anyone know for sure if he wore a 44 as an Eagle?

mvandor
04-19-2009, 08:40 AM
I can only ask this.

Has ANY board member EVER seen a WR game used jersey tagged 'L' in the collar - denoting a lineman's jersey?

Please also remember TO has been one of the most visible, highly photographed players during his NFL tenure. Don't you think there'd be a pic on Getty SOMEWHERE showing him with these stock pro-cut shortened sleeves?

ironmanfan
04-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Here is a link to the Hunt Auction...sold for a whopping $400 !

http://www.huntauctions.com/online/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=37&lot_num=401&lot_qual=

NFLJerseyCollector
04-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Hunt Auction won't deny any item for consignment, Its strictly revenue for them (they'll take just about anything).

Grey Flannel on the other hand, will never except a jersey like that for consignment.

That's why the owner of that jersey have it up on Ebay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only ask this.

Has ANY board member EVER seen a WR game used jersey tagged 'L' in the collar - denoting a lineman's jersey?

Please also remember TO has been one of the most visible, highly photographed players during his NFL tenure. Don't you think there'd be a pic on Getty SOMEWHERE showing him with these stock pro-cut shortened sleeves?

mvandor=It clearly tells me that you don't know Jack about jersey after what you just say.

So what you acquire a Antonio Gates jersey for $600 and other jersey before from NFL Auction, Which you over bid for.

That doesn't make you an Expert or anywhere close to it.

Your probably one of those people, that takes an NFL Auction Authentic jersey and turn it around and sell it as Game Issued Jersey on Ebay or have your buddy do it for you.

About about these photo, from www.Josportsco.com

Do you see the "L" after the 04-44 tagging, For sure your not there yet.

Dr.Loomis, Please educate them, and forget about catching the Boogie-man.

mvandor
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Hunt Auction won't deny any item for consignment, Its strictly revenue for them (they'll take just about anything).

Grey Flannel on the other hand, will never except a jersey like that for consignment.

That's why the owner of that jersey have it up on Ebay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mvandor=It clearly tells me that you don't know Jack about jersey after what you just say.

So what you acquire a Antonio Gates jersey for $600 and other jersey before from NFL Auction, Which you over bid for.

That doesn't make you an Expert or anywhere close to it.

Your probably one of those people, that takes an NFL Auction Authentic jersey and turn it around and sell it as Game Issued Jersey on Ebay or have your buddy do it for you.

About about these photo, from www.Josportsco.com (http://www.Josportsco.com)

Do you see the "L" after the 04-44 tagging, For sure your not there yet.

Dr.Loomis, Please educate them, and forget about catching the Boogie-man.

Clearly you have yet to master the english language as well as rudimentary people skills.

Do you care to give us YOUR opinion on the T.O. jersey? What do the letters next to the size tag on game jerseys mean to you? Regarding your Grey Flannel comments, have you read any of the recent threads here re: Grey Flannel?

Then you can educate me on what the amount I pay for items from NFL Auctions has to do with this jersey or where you get off accusing me of converrting my acquisitions into fraudulent game used items?

NFLJerseyCollector
04-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Clearly you have yet to master the english language as well as rudimentary people skills.

Do you care to give us YOUR opinion on the T.O. jersey? What do the letters next to the size tag on game jerseys mean to you? Regarding your Grey Flannel comments, have you read any of the recent threads here re: Grey Flannel?

Then you can educate me on what the amount I pay for items from NFL Auctions has to do with this jersey or where you get off accusing me of converrting my acquisitions into fraudulent game used items?

If jersey is what you want to talk about, why drag the english stuff with it.
Your english can use some correction too.

Their are 5 different letter that can go after the year and size tagging,

"Q"=Quarterback, usually meaning open Sleeve for QB
"S"=Specialty, most receivers, corners and safeties in the NFL prefer this cut, short sleeves
"L"=Linebacker, and not linemen. Different team have different cut for linebackers. Very short to NO sleeve at all depending on the team.
"O"=Offensive linemen. Both Offensive and Defensive Linemen have no Sleeve on their jersey, if the linemen lift their arms up you could see their armpit
"D"=Defensive Linemen. between the two is spacing.

That T.O. jersey has a "L" with the Tagging and Sleeves tailor like a Eagles Linebackers.
Look on Gettys and you'll see T.O. wears nothing but "S" cut with the Eagles, then look up someone like Jeremiah Trotter with his Sleeves.

That jersey was originally a linebacker jersey, had the name and Numbers strip off, and owens name and number put on.

Next time do your research, study and know your facts before posting something that you have very little knowledge of.

You can question me about Basketball jersey and stuff, or even Baseball Stuff.
Thats fine with me, cuz i don't know Jack about basketball and baseball stuff, and you won't catch me posting anything about basketball or baseball.

NFL Jersey is what i'm good at.

And for Dr.Loomis he Probably has a friend that work for Ripon and knows the secret stuff, who knows.

NFLJerseyCollector
04-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Then Again, that jersey could be one of those NFL Auction Jersey.

mvandor
04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
If jersey is what you want to talk about, why drag the english stuff with it.
Your english can use some correction too.

"S"=Specialty, most receivers, corners and safeties in the NFL prefer this cut, short sleeves
"L"=Linebacker, and not linemen. Different team have different cut for linebackers. Very short to NO sleeve at all depending on the team.
"O"=Offensive linemen. Both Offensive and Defensive Linemen have no Sleeve on their jersey, if the linemen lift their arms up you could see their armpit
"D"=Defensive Linemen. between the two is spacing.
That T.O. jersey has a "L" with the Tagging and Sleeves tailor like a Eagles Linebackers.
Look on Gettys and you'll see T.O. wears nothing but "S" cut with the Eagles, then look up someone like Jeremiah Trotter with his Sleeves.

That jersey was originally a linebacker jersey, had the name and Numbers strip off, and owens name and number put on.

Next time do your research, study and know your facts before posting something that you have very little knowledge of.

You can question me about Basketball jersey and stuff, or even Baseball Stuff.
Thats fine with me, cuz i don't know Jack about basketball and baseball stuff, and you won't catch me posting anything about basketball or baseball.

NFL Jersey is what i'm good at.

And for Dr.Loomis he Probably has a friend that work for Ripon and knows the secret stuff, who knows.

Perhaps I can tap your unlimited expertise then. Why would a Bengals WR wear a Linebacker cut jersey? And exactly why all the pomposity - I don't believe we've ever crossed paths before so what's with the arrogance and off putting approach?

NFLJerseyCollector
04-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Perhaps I can tap your unlimited expertise then. Why would a Bengals WR wear a Linebacker cut jersey? And exactly why all the pomposity - I don't believe we've ever crossed paths before so what's with the arrogance and off putting approach?

Why would a Bengals WR wear a Linebacker cut jersey, Let me See.

All Players have different preference, some player find it more comfortable than the "S" cut version.

If anyone wore a actual football game jersey, it would feel funny and weird.

The Jersey they wear on the Field was design, cut and sewn to accommodate shoulder pads.

With the Linemen cut jersey linemen have a better free motion movement with their arms, they're sleeve less so they don't irritate the players skin around the armpit as with "S" Cut jersey would.

With linebacker cut jersey (like the eagles one)their sleeves stop right on the armpit.

Here's the answer incase you ask this Question, "why don't receivers or QB wear Linemen cut jersey then.

If receivers wear Linemen cut with open sleeve, What would you think would happen when a receiver makes a catch like Santonio Holmes did on the SuperBowl or a QB takes a spill.

They would end up more than just grass and paint stain on their armpit (it would be all over their inside of the jersey between the players and shoulder pads meets", and that will cause irritation.

jbcindc
04-20-2009, 11:22 PM
I can only ask this.

I checked the 14 game worn wide receiver jerseys I own and none of them had an "L" cut. Some of them had nothing beyond the year and size, but any that had a style cut had an "S."

I mostly collect Chargers jerseys and even the Igor Olshansky 2008-9 Chargers game worn jersey for which I overpaid on NFL Auctions has an "S" cut. As do the game worn jerseys of Linebackers Jyles Tucker, Stephen Cooper, Donnie Edwards and Shawne Merriman. Every Chargers Defensive Back jersey I own is an "S" cut. I suppose player preference plays a role in the jersey style and therefore a WR could conceivably have an "L" cut jersey. I've just never seen it prior to this thread.

I've been burned a couple of times on fake jerseys, and I've benefited from the expertise of people participating in this Forum who have offered valuable advice on jerseys I wanted to buy. I buy mostly from NFL Auctions now and for that I pay a premium. There are times I've clearly overpaid but have the knowledge that the item I purchased is authentic. That's my business just as it is Mvandor's business. I don't see a need, when the discussion involves a WR jersey, to be so personally attacking period, and particularly on a completely unrelated subject. There's been far too much of that in this Forum lately. It takes away from the enjoyment of collecting and the purpose of the Forum -- as I'd understood it.

For whatever it's worth,

Jason

suicide_squeeze
04-21-2009, 12:04 AM
I checked the 14 game worn wide receiver jerseys I own and none of them had an "L" cut. Some of them had nothing beyond the year and size, but any that had a style cut had an "S."

I've been burned a couple of times on fake jerseys, and I've benefited from the expertise of people participating in this Forum who have offered valuable advice on jerseys I wanted to buy. I buy mostly from NFL Auctions now and for that I pay a premium. There are times I've clearly overpaid but have the knowledge that the item I purchased is authentic. That's my business just as it is Mvandor's business. I don't see a need, when the discussion involves a WR jersey, to be so personally attacking period, and particularly on a completely unrelated subject. There's been far too much of that in this Forum lately. It takes away from the enjoyment of collecting and the purpose of the Forum -- as I'd understood it.

For whatever it's worth,

Jason

Jason,

Well put.

It's all my fault. I read this thread from the start, and I'll be the first to tell you.....I don't know diddly about football jerseys. But like others have stated, there is some good reading here to learn, so I read.

But I couldn't help choke out a laugh or two when NFLJerseyCollector spewed out his claim about Grey Flannel not consigning a jersey like this.

That's when it hit me.....I'm responsible.

NFLJerseyCollector is Richard Russek in cognito....coming back to get even with all of us.:eek:

NFLJerseyCollector
04-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Jason,
But I couldn't help choke out a laugh or two when NFLJerseyCollector spewed out his claim about Grey Flannel not consigning a jersey like this.

That's when it hit me.....I'm responsible.

NFLJerseyCollector is Richard Russek in cognito....coming back to get even with all of us.:eek:

Oh Please, why don't you throw in TJ, or even Victor Moreno or whos the other one from Vintage Auction.

I personally sell stuff through them as well as buy stuff through them.

but reading what you wrote that i'm him is funny and stupid on your part.

suicide_squeeze
04-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh Please, why don't you throw in TJ, or even Victor Moreno or whos the other one from Vintage Auction.

I personally sell stuff through them as well as buy stuff through them.

but reading what you wrote that i'm him is funny and stupid on your part.

Do you?

Really?

You must have a set of avocado sized doo-dads to end all.....not to mention a VOID in the deposits side of your accounts receivable ledger.

In case you haven't heard, there are a few people here who are just a tad upset that they have been used to finance an ongoing business. But hey, by all means, consign on!

Look, I have never been invited to do the Tonight Show. If you can't take a bit of ribbing while sticking up for an auction house who has been lambasted here of late, and has taken retalitory action against the honest concerned posters who share valuable info here, then please accept my apologies for upsetting you with such a rediculously minor attempt at making light of something that happened to me recently.

But know that you pretty much stand alone in your high praise for them.

Peace, brother.

Hey, by the way.....would you bid on a bat coming up in their May auction for me? I've had a hellova time logging into my account recently......

nyjetsfan14
04-22-2009, 12:35 AM

"D"=Defensive Linemen. between the two is spacing.This is inaccurate information as there is actually more Reebok letter codes than just these 5.

NFLJerseyCollector
04-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Look, I have never been invited to do the Tonight Show. If you can't take a bit of ribbing while sticking up for an auction house who has been lambasted here of late, and has taken retalitory action against the honest concerned posters who share valuable info here, then please accept my apologies for upsetting you with such a rediculously minor attempt at making light of something that happened to me recently.

I'm not sticking up for anyone, nor any Auction House.
For you or anyone who done business with Auction Houses, and feel you got robbed, Learn from your mistake, suck it up and drive on.
But don't accuse me of being some one from the Auction House.
I don't play 2face here.

This is inaccurate information as there is actually more Reebok letter codes than just these 5

Your must be talking about the letter or number before or after the Main letter Designation ("Q","S","L","O","D"), something like "Q2" or "Q3" or Even "PBO"

b.heagy
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
can someone post a side by side photo of the jersey in question along with a game photo of Owens wearing the same style? I do not see the difference (not a football jersey expert). Any help is appreciated. I looked at photos on google and the sleeves look similar to me.

TriplexXxSports
04-22-2009, 08:21 PM
can someone post a side by side photo of the jersey in question along with a game photo of Owens wearing the same style? I do not see the difference (not a football jersey expert). Any help is appreciated. I looked at photos on google and the sleeves look similar to me.

suicide_squeeze
04-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm not sticking up for anyone, nor any Auction House.
For you or anyone who done business with Auction Houses, and feel you got robbed, Learn from your mistake, suck it up and drive on.
But don't accuse me of being some one from the Auction House.
I don't play 2face here.

Are you really telling me you thought I was being serious?

(I guess some here need it by the numbers.)

IT WAS A JOKE. I thought you would have picked up on it from my last post, but instead, you're now directing me to drink and drive.

You may not play "2face", but when you make a comment about Grey Flannel "not" selling a jersey like this one, then you're not paying attention.

One day we'll be talking about someone's grandmother's undies being described and auctioned off as Steve Garvey's sliding shorts......"with no alterations of any kind"....

Welcome to the forum, NFLJerseyCollector.

suicide_squeeze
04-22-2009, 10:55 PM
b.heagy,

The most obvious and glaring difference, and basically the exclamation point on this whole thread, is the space between the numeral "1" on the front of the jersey, and the manufacturers tag on the lower left of the front under the "1".

Look at Terrell in the picture....The jersey he is wearing has roughly the heighth of the numeral "1" between the bottom of the "1" and the tag, which you can clearly see untucked above his pants line.

The jersey in question has the equivalent of two "1"'s between the bottom of the "1" on the front of the jersey, and the Manu's tag.

Besides that, pick your poison...I see a few other minor differences (the arch of the "eagles" small patch above the number, the placement of the "NFL" shield, to name two)....

suicide_squeeze
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
.....also, the sleeves are at least 2-3" shorter on the extra 6" jersey.....Look at the distance of the Reebok logo next to the "8" at the top left sleeve (upper right as you look at the picture)....and see how close the eagle patch is below the Reebok logo?......very tight in proximity.

The jersey that Terrell is wearing has more distance between the numeral on his shoulder, and the Reebok logo and eagle patch.

As explained earlier, that's a typical lineman cut.....no sleeves from the armpit.

suicide_squeeze
04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Taking the last post one step further....look how close the numbers on the shoulders are to the dark neckline.

The numbers on the jersey Terrell is wearing have more distance between the neckline and the start of the numbers. That's obviously because there is more sleeve on the receiver jersey, so it's not necessary to jam the numerals, the Reebok logo, and the eagles patch in a smaller area like on the super-long lineman's cut jersey.

b.heagy
04-23-2009, 06:19 AM
b.heagy,

The most obvious and glaring difference, and basically the exclamation point on this whole thread, is the space between the numeral "1" on the front of the jersey, and the manufacturers tag on the lower left of the front under the "1".

Look at Terrell in the picture....The jersey he is wearing has roughly the heighth of the numeral "1" between the bottom of the "1" and the tag, which you can clearly see untucked above his pants line.

The jersey in question has the equivalent of two "1"'s between the bottom of the "1" on the front of the jersey, and the Manu's tag.

Besides that, pick your poison...I see a few other minor differences (the arch of the "eagles" small patch above the number, the placement of the "NFL" shield, to name two)....

Thanks for taking the time to post. I can see the difference with the photos side by side now. Excellent information. Always good to learn something new.

mvandor
04-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Are you really telling me you thought I was being serious?

(I guess some here need it by the numbers.)

IT WAS A JOKE. I thought you would have picked up on it from my last post, but instead, you're now directing me to drink and drive.

You may not play "2face", but when you make a comment about Grey Flannel "not" selling a jersey like this one, then you're not paying attention.

One day we'll be talking about someone's grandmother's undies being described and auctioned off as Steve Garvey's sliding shorts......"with no alterations of any kind"....

Welcome to the forum, NFLJerseyCollector.

Read the whole thread, this guy has some type of personality disorder. He seems unable to post sans the abrasive pomposity.