04-17-2009, 12:28 AM
First save: not close enough
First triple: none
First double: Ben Francisco
First HR: Jorge Posada
First Walk: Kelly Shoppach
First K: Victor Martinez
First SO: C.C. Sabathia
First steal: none (Grady caught stealing by Posada)
First RBI: Kelly Shoppach
First Run: Ben Francisco
First single: Johnny Damon
First Standing Ovation: Yogi Berra throwing out first pitch
First Pitch: C.C. Sabathia
First out: Grad Sizemore
First Lost: Jose Veras
First win: Cliff Lee

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 12:29 AM
First Grandslam: Grady Sizemore

First save: not close enough
First triple: none
First double: Ben Francisco
First HR: Jorge Posada
First Walk: Kelly Shoppach
First K: Victor Martinez
First SO: C.C. Sabathia
First steal: none (Grady caught stealing by Posada)
First RBI: Kelly Shoppach
First Run: Ben Francisco
First single: Johnny Damon
First Standing Ovation: Yogi Berra throwing out first pitch
First Pitch: C.C. Sabathia
First out: Grad Sizemore
First Lost: Jose Veras
First win: Cliff Lee

larry bourget
04-17-2009, 07:24 AM
You forgot the First GRAND SLAM Home Run by Grady Sizemore,....and the idiot who caught it threw it back on the field. What a Moron.

LB

bigtime59
04-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Words cannot express my joy that the Yankee$ opened New ATM $tadium with a loss. May it be the first of many.

yanks12025
04-17-2009, 07:59 AM
bigtime59,
Do you even like a team. If so your probably jealous/mad because your team don't put the money they make from the couple fans they have back into the team.

markize
04-17-2009, 09:30 AM
bigtime59,
Do you even like a team. If so your probably jealous/mad because your team don't put the money they make from the couple fans they have back into the team.

Yanks,

If memory serves me right, he has season tickets to the borioles. The problem with that team putting money back into the team is that most of the fans are rooting for the visiting team. go to Baltimore when the Yankees play, you will see what I mean!! I do remember the orioles winning a WS, but I think there were dinosaurs on earth then!!!

Mark

metsbats
04-17-2009, 09:35 AM
You forgot the First GRAND SLAM Home Run by Grady Sizemore,....and the idiot who caught it threw it back on the field. What a Moron.

LB

Last night some Met fan at Citi Field thru back on to the field Adrian Gonzalez's 100th home run ball!

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 09:54 AM

LB

i posted it as the second message. i wonder if the guy regrets it later but maybe it will start a tradition in the new park like at wrigley.

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Last night some Met fan at Citi Field thru back on to the field Adrian Gonzalez's 100th home run ball!

i wonder if they announced it during the game after he threw it back.

Sheffield11
04-17-2009, 10:02 AM
First disappointment.......

suave1477
04-17-2009, 10:10 AM
i posted it as the second message. i wonder if the guy regrets it later but maybe it will start a tradition in the new park like at wrigley.

Joelsabi Yankee fans have always done that. I have been to many games where if a visiting team hit a home run that hurt us. All of a sudden you will hear a chant "THROW IT BACK"

I remember I went to one game and the only hit the other team got was a Home Run. The guy who caught it was one section from me. He was so excited that he caught a Home Run. Then the whole stadium started chanting "Throw it back". He was so excited to catch the ball he didn't want to throw it back. He started refusing to thrw it back. Believe it or not the chant kept going and getting louder at the guy for about another 5 to 6 minutes till he eventually threw it back.

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Joelsabi Yankee fans have always done that. I have been to many games where if a visiting team hit a home run that hurt us. All of a sudden you will hear a chant "THROW IT BACK"

I remember I went to one game and the only hit the other team got was a Home Run. The guy who caught it was one section from me. He was so excited that he caught a Home Run. Then the whole stadium started chanting "Throw it back". He was so excited to catch the ball he didn't want to throw it back. He started refusing to thrw it back. Believe it or not the chant kept going and getting louder at the guy for about another 5 to 6 minutes till he eventually threw it back.

i hear you. i dont think it is a well advertised as at wrigley tho. i have been to games in los angeles and seattle where they have thrown the hr ball back. just wondering about the consistency this occurs. i would think the pressure to throw back the away hr baseball would be as strong at yankee stadium as at wrigley.

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
First disappointment.......

first disappointment: not putting in Swisher to pitch in the ninth.

suave1477
04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
i hear you. i dont think it is a well advertised as at wrigley tho. i have been to games in los angeles and seattle where they have thrown the hr ball back. just wondering about the consistency this occurs. i would think the pressure to throw back the away hr baseball would be as strong at yankee stadium as at wrigley.

Joelsabi I think it happens a lot more then not. From the games I have been too I have heard/seen it done many times. But on tv they don't show it. Usually when it happens the camera men cut to the broadcasters and you don't get to see it happen. I would believe this is for PR purposes they don't want to show on camera the Yankees fans "qoute n qoute" having bad sportsmanship.

In all the Yankees games I have seen on tv only once when someone hit a home run and they cut right to the broadcasters, did I faintly hear in the background audio the chant starting.

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 11:32 AM

LB

I would have kept the ball and pretended I dont speak english. ;) Besides Sizemore is a Yankee in 2011.

OaklandAsFan
04-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I could care less about that chant, If I catch one it is staying in my pocket especially something like that. First off the Yanks probably want that ball so you can get some season tix out of the deal and in the case of momento HR's give it back to the player for a gamer bat, I'm all for the player getting his special moment ball back but I should get something for it, not beeing greedy, I don't need a million dollars worth of stuff, just give me an autographed gamer and I'm good.

OaklandAsFan
04-17-2009, 12:02 PM
I remember when some idiot in Anaheim threw back Arods 400HR ball, He told the papers he had an entire autographed uniform ready to give up for the ball and he ended up getting it back for nothing.

bigtime59
04-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Besides Sizemore is a Yankee in 2011.

If that sentence doesn't summarize everything that's wrong with baseball's current revenue distribution system...then nothing does.

"Oh, yeah...[name any free agent] will be a Yankee in [name year]."
An absolute and irrefutable argument for 100% sharing of local revenues.

bigtime59
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
bigtime59,

Fans of every other team--save perhaps for the Met$, Red $ox, Cubs and Dodgers should be mad about MLBs utterly screwed up revenue distribution system. If they're not, they're simply not paying attention.

Yanks,
If memory serves me right, he has season tickets to the borioles. The problem with that team putting money back into the team is that most of the fans are rooting for the visiting team. go to Baltimore when the Yankees play, you will see what I mean!! I do remember the orioles winning a WS, but I think there were dinosaurs on earth then!!!
Mark

Visiting Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are kind of like broken windows. One begets another, and another and another...and soon the neighborhood is unlivable.

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
If that sentence doesn't summarize everything that's wrong with baseball's current revenue distribution system...then nothing does.

"Oh, yeah...[name any free agent] will be a Yankee in [name year]."
An absolute and irrefutable argument for 100% sharing of local revenues.

Yankees pay 34% of their net local revenue to help make poorer teams more competitive. Money does not win championships or the Yankees would have won one in the last 10 years.

bigtime59
04-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Money may not get you through the crap shoot that is the playoffs, but the Yankee$ have proven over the last decade or so that the division can be bought more often than not.Let's hope this is the second consecutive year where that is proven to be incorrect.

mr.miracle
04-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Yankees pay 34% of their net local revenue to help make poorer teams more competitive. Money does not win championships or the Yankees would have won one in the last 10 years.

A truer sentence has never been uttered, but doesn't buffonery at the GM position as well as buffonery from the empty suits sure go a long way toward losing championships! The Yankees are the business model to follow on complete ineptness on both of those levels.

bigtime59
04-20-2009, 09:22 AM

Every team should be throwing all of their local revenues into the common pot. It's a sports league, not the Harlem freaking Globetrotters.
Money does win championships, if you spend it right. Given the revenue gap between the Yankee$ and everyone else, they should never lose. Ever. The only thing that makes it even close is the fact that the playoffs are a crapshoot, and the Yankee$ haven't spent their immense wealth as well as they could have recently.