PDA

View Full Version : BMH: LVS Player contracts

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Brian:

First, thank you for all the responses you have given on this forum. I have learned a lot from them.

I thought it would helpful if you would give us a little run down on how a player gets a LVS contract?

Does LVS send sample bats out to all players or selected players? What criteria is used?
How many sample bats are given to each player?
Are there any player incentives to use exclusively LVS bats?
How can you tell if a players has a LVS contract?
Do players get a set of sample bats when they get call upped from the minor or traded to a new team?

These are a few questions I think would be helpful to members on the forum. I am sure there are others.

Thanks in advance.

BMH
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Does LVS send sample bats out to all players or selected players? What criteria is used? Um, when we make a new model it is at the request of the player. Depending on the player we make a new model or give them a current model that is close to what they want.

Depends on how many the sales rep says he will give him. Depends on who the player is...usually 3 or 4 bats.

They are given $4500 over three years, plus some contract bats and other incentives can be added by their agent for say winning HR contest or making it to the WS.

Most will have their autograph on the bat instead of block lettering. Though we do have a few contract guys still use block lettering, Nick Swisher comes to mind.

Do players get a set of sample bats when they get call upped from the minor or traded to a new team?
No, we only give them bats when they buy them. Unless the sales rep decides otherwise.

joelsabi
04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Does LVS send sample bats out to all players or selected players? What criteria is used? Um, when we make a new model it is at the request of the player. Depending on the player we make a new model or give them a current model that is close to what they want.

Depends on how many the sales rep says he will give him. Depends on who the player is...usually 3 or 4 bats.

They are given $4500 over three years, plus some contract bats and other incentives can be added by their agent for say winning HR contest or making it to the WS.

Most will have their autograph on the bat instead of block lettering. Though we do have a few contract guys still use block lettering, Nick Swisher comes to mind.

No, we only give them bats when they buy them. Unless the sales rep decides otherwise.

wow. thats was a lightning fast, detailed response. thanks for your time, brian. we appreciate it.