PDA

View Full Version : Washington "NATINALS" jerseys

Swoboda4
04-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Today the Washington Nationals wore jerseys with "Natinals" across their jerseys. Corrected during the game,I wonder if they'll get destroyed or will they hit the market?

metsbats
04-17-2009, 10:52 PM
I think it was done on purpose. Rally caps stopped working for the Nats so they are trying to see what happens if they mispelled the team name on the home jerseys.:D

coxfan
04-19-2009, 10:53 AM
A few years ago we saw a Washington street sign hung upside down, only three blocks from the White House. That led the " South of the Border" tourist stop, (on the south side of the Carolinas' boundary on I-95), to hang an upside-down billboard ad, with the note: " Sorry, this billboard was planned in Washington."

intheminors
04-29-2009, 04:13 PM
This may have been posted earlier... if so, I apologize in advance... Or, in this case I "apolgize" in advance... :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4087695

allstarsplus
04-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Today the Washington Nationals wore jerseys with "Natinals" across their jerseys. Corrected during the game,I wonder if they'll get destroyed or will they hit the market?

I tried to buy them and the locker room manager told me "THEY" were shipped back to Majestic.

There was a Washington Times article that said MLB requested 3 jerseys form the Nationals which were Zimmerman, Dukes, and Dunn which is why they were the only 3 with the incorrect jerseys.

My theory was there was probably an entire shipment with the incorrect jerseys.

I thought the irony was great that it was the "O" missing as many Washingtonians never became O's fans when the Senators left town in the 1970's so hence the irony of getting rid of the "O".

BaseballGM
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Andrew- Not sure where I heard this but apparently the jerseys are going to be auctioned off at the big GALA to be held in May.

BaseballGM
05-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Sounds like the winners have a great and unique collectible.

allstarsplus
05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I posted on the other thread that they sold the Dunn for $8,500 at the Gala. No sign of the Zimmerman or the Elijah Dukes Natinals.

BaseballGM
05-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I wonder if Zimmerman's went to the company which handles his Z-foundation sales.