PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Los Angeles Dodgers 1999 sleeve patches

tonyvenn
04-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Hello all.....

In '99, the Dodgers wore different "Heroes" patches.....

I'm trying to find the #42 Robinson patch....

Preferably new and never worn....

PLEASE contact me if you have one for sale....

Tony
tonyvenn@sympatico.ca

baltos
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Back in 1999 the Dodgers were selling these patches individually and in sets, including a framed set of the entire "heroes" collection.

The Robinson and Koufax patches were never made available for individual sale for whatever reason. The Robinson patch was available as part of the framed set, but not available any other way.

As a result, the Koufax and Robinson patches are the most scarce.

Your best bet to find a Robinson patch is to find a gamer from 1999 from Davey Johnson, Alan Mills, Gary Sheffield, Devon White, or Eric Young.

These five all wore the Robinson patch that season.

island_style
05-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Back in 1999 the Dodgers were selling these patches individually and in sets, including a framed set of the entire "heroes" collection.

The Robinson and Koufax patches were never made available for individual sale for whatever reason. The Robinson patch was available as part of the framed set, but not available any other way.

As a result, the Koufax and Robinson patches are the most scarce.

Your best bet to find a Robinson patch is to find a gamer from 1999 from Davey Johnson, Alan Mills, Gary Sheffield, Devon White, or Eric Young.

These five all wore the Robinson patch that season.

Tony and Baltos,

From what I can remember, the only way to get a patch, initially, was to purchase a jersey from the team's gift shop with the patch already sewn on. I think Koufax objected to having his patch sold, so the only way to get one was to somehow get a gamer from Kevin Brown (he's the only player I remember to wear Koufax, but there might be another player. Baltos might have this information, though).

However, at some point during the 1999 season, the gift shop began to sell individual patches, but I remember only the commons. I was lucky to later add a Robinson a couple of years ago, but it's my only one. Otherwise, I'd be more than happy to sell/trade.

Personally, I am still missing the Pee Wee Reese and the ever elusive Koufax. I was also able to obtain a loose "1 PEE WEE" memorial patch that the team wore in 1999 above the Heroes patches.

mrgoalie34
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Check out Murf Denny`s site...
www.murfandpat.com (http://www.murfandpat.com)

baltos
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Kevin Brown and Chan Ho Park were the only two to wear the Koufax patch.

Trinidad Hubbard also wore the Robingson patch.

The PeeWee patch was also a tough one. It was for sale individually, but only one player wore it, Mark Grudzielanek.

island_style
05-04-2006, 12:46 AM
baltos,

Good info about which Heroes patch the Dodgers were wearing in 1999. At one point I had a list of each player's choice. Do you have that available? I also heard a rumour that there was a scarce Heroes patch for Bill Buhler, the longtime Dodgers trainer. (Bill designed the throat guard that hangs from the catcher's mask after Steve Yeager got nailed in the neck from splinters of a shattered Bill Russell bat while Yeager was on deck) Do you know if there's any truth to this patch being made? I have yet to see one.

tonyvenn
07-25-2006, 11:03 AM
UP for a refresh.....

Still looking for this Robinson patch....but with the info noted, I would definitely be interested in the whole collection...if anyone has it for sale!

Tony

dodgersfan
07-25-2006, 01:23 PM
I have the whole set framed if intrested in it for $450.00,i paid $500.00 for the set around 3 years ago.

rudyandfamily@yahoo.com

Rudy

larry bourget
07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I have a 1999 Russell Authentic Dodgers size 52 grey blank jersey with the Don Sutton Heroes patch on the left sleeve if your interested for $100.

Larry

larry bourget
07-26-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a 1999 Russell Authentic Dodgers size 52 grey blank jersey with the Don Sutton Heroes patch on the left sleeve if your interested for $100.

Larry

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca