PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kubel's GRAND SLAM cycle last night! Game-Used batting helmet!

Tay1038
04-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey guys!

What an awesome night for Jason Kubel, huh?! I don't miss many games and did last night! I'd like to hear anyone's experience if they were at the game last night! I mean WOW :eek: !!!! Gotta' love them Twins!

Anyways, I picked up a few nice items last night – this Jason Kubel batting helmet is one of them! Unfortunately guys, Jason Kubel switched helmets on April 8th, 2009 so no this is not the helmet he used to hit his dramatic cycle last night! The helmet I picked up is MLB Authenticated to Opening Day and series but I have photomatched it as far back as June 26, 2008! My guess he used this helmet throughout the whole 2008 season and into the 2009 Opening Series!

Here are a few photos of my new pick up!

Still looking for a 2009 photo from the Opening Series of him wearing it. Maybe someone can help me out? :D

Cheers!
Taylor

Mauer7
04-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Not a bad pickup for $35.

Tay1038
04-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks Jesse.

Since I shared my Jason Kubel pick-up I thought I might share my new Morneau bat. MLB Authenticated to April 10th, 2009 - I have photomatched it to Opening Day! Within that span (pending break) Morneau was 5 for 20 with 2 HR's (Career HR #134 & #135) and 7 RBI's.

Please share your thoughts! Can anyone tell me when he cracked this bat on April 10th in Chicago? Hopefully after his HR!

What do you think of it Mike Dixey? Should look very nice repaired! No wood missing!

Enjoy!

Mauer7
04-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Thats a sweet bat too. I wish they were still able to put Minnesota Twins on them.

xpress34
04-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Thats a sweet bat too. I wish they were still able to put Minnesota Twins on them.

Just an FYI. The ONLY bat company that can put the OFFICIAL Team Names on their bats is LVS due to Licensing.

LVS is the OFFICIAL BAT of MLB.

When I worked for Rawlings, we could not make bats for sale with Team Names due to our License was as the OFFICIAL BALL of MLB. We could laser engrave whatever we wanted on a ball, but on bats we could put stuff like Atlanta vs Colorado, but NOT Braves vs Rockies.

That said, you will find some earlier Rawlings bats (before 2002 I believe) that may have a player name with his Team Name under his name - that was BEFORE the whole OFFICIAL this or that and the LICENSING lock down.

Like anything else in this world, it all comes down to Licensing and Money.

If you notice on BWP, Sam Bat, Rawlings, etc, you don't see the MLB logo - but it is on every LVS. Just as it appears on Rawlings baseballs.

All the best -

Chris

nomarmauerfan
04-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Taylor,
That Morneau bat is awesome!!! I am jealous beyond belief! I was at that game last night and it was unbelievable!!!

Mike

cordovacollector
04-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Taylor ~ Amazing Twins pick ups! I am envious beyond belief but am glad they went to a great collection.

Photomatching has added a sweet dimension to the hobby. I "took a break" from collecting for a few years and now when I return there are MLB stickers and great sites to photomatch. In the "old days," I matched up cards when I found them. From now on, I'll likely put little value in an LOA from anyone and trust a 100% photomatch as truth. The matches on the Kubel helmet are solid as it comes.

The pine tar on your Morneau bat reminds me a bit of Mientkiewicz. Give me a bat with lotsa goo anyday.

Congrats!

Tay1038
04-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys! I'm very excited about this one! It fits in my collection perfectly! Just found this guy on Getty. What do you think?

Tay1038
04-18-2009, 03:12 PM
oooopps, I meant Iconsports!

nomarmauerfan
04-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Taylor,
Looks pretty good. The light spot at the top of the barrel seems to match up. Does that mean that you're going to sell me your 2008 JM-33 now?:D
Again, congrats on a great pick-up.

Mike

Manram
04-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Tay1038- could you please send me an email at mannygonzalez262@yahoo.com.

Tay1038
04-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Manram,

You've got mail.

Thanks,
Taylor

gameused
04-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey guys!

What an awesome night for Jason Kubel, huh?! I don't miss many games and did last night! I'd like to hear anyone's experience if they were at the game last night! I mean WOW :eek: !!!! Gotta' love them Twins!

Anyways, I picked up a few nice items last night – this Jason Kubel batting helmet is one of them! Unfortunately guys, Jason Kubel switched helmets on April 8th, 2009 so no this is not the helmet he used to hit his dramatic cycle last night! The helmet I picked up is MLB Authenticated to Opening Day and series but I have photomatched it as far back as June 26, 2008! My guess he used this helmet throughout the whole 2008 season and into the 2009 Opening Series!

Here are a few photos of my new pick up!

Still looking for a 2009 photo from the Opening Series of him wearing it. Maybe someone can help me out? :D

Cheers!
Taylor

Here's a pic of Kubel from a spring training game on March 6, 2009 vs Reds

Manram
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Tay1038- never recieved email. Try again, or just give me your email.

Tay1038
04-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Here's a pic of Kubel from a spring training game on March 6, 2009 vs Reds

Thanks man! Good eye :eek: !!