PDA

View Full Version : A Fake Slab Or Moron Authenticators?

sammy
04-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Where does one begin with this garbage?

Either the PSA/DNA holder is a fake, or the authenticators at PSA/DNA are so incompetent it is ridiculous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140315020709&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140315020709&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123)

joelsabi
04-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Where does one begin with this garbage?

Either the PSA/DNA holder is a fake, or the authenticators at PSA/DNA are so incompetent it is ridiculous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140315020709&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140315020709&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123)

maybe a suggestion to verify your guess. ask the seller for the psa id number and see if it matches.

suicide_squeeze
04-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Good suggestion, Joel.

But if this seller is a sharp one.....and that PSA/DNA slab is fake as we all know it is (there isn't a snowball's chance in hell either one of those signatures are real) he may have reproduced a number indicating a "Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb" flat signed by both players....so that may be inconclusive.

What is always a tip off to me, is in an auction like this, how come the seller doesn't offer the "super-sized" photo option? I mean, if the item is so awesome, why not allow the potential buyers athe opportunity to blow up the sigs, or what may the REAL reason here, the PSA/DNA slab to inspect it carefully? You can barely even see the PSA/DNA card and number. I'm sure that's by conscious planning by the seller.

Total cost of the auction to have 12 pictures with supersize cabibility:

$1.00

Starting bid:

$1,000.00

Hmmmm........... 1/10th of one percent cost to the seller to allow the buyer a fighting chance was passed over......go figure?

IN MHO.....this is about as bad as it gets.

jobathenut
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
So suicide-You're saying theres NO chance that psa/dna authenticated this? .I don't know enough about babe ruth and ty cobb autographs to have a thought into if it's real or not.For sure not to the point where i could say for sure that it isn't authentic.And just a side note,something that has always bothered me,and that's I just think it's funny how people think that psa/dna is fake proof,i'm sure they have authenticated fake autographs before,Noone is 100% perfect.:)
Good suggestion, Joel.

But if this seller is a sharp one.....and that PSA/DNA slab is fake as we all know it is (there isn't a snowball's chance in hell either one of those signatures are real) he may have reproduced a number indicating a "Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb" flat signed by both players....so that may be inconclusive.

What is always a tip off to me, is in an auction like this, how come the seller doesn't offer the "super-sized" photo option? I mean, if the item is so awesome, why not allow the potential buyers athe opportunity to blow up the sigs, or what may the REAL reason here, the PSA/DNA slab to inspect it carefully? You can barely even see the PSA/DNA card and number. I'm sure that's by conscious planning by the seller.

$1.00

Starting bid:

$1,000.00

Hmmmm........... 1/10th of one percent cost to the seller to allow the buyer a fighting chance was passed over......go figure?

joelsabi
04-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Good suggestion, Joel.

$1.00

Starting bid:

$1,000.00

there are sellers on ebay that photo challeged so i dont think its unusual. if you request for better photo sent to your email i would expect a positive response from the seller.

suicide_squeeze
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
So suicide-You're saying theres NO chance that psa/dna authenticated this? .I don't know enough about babe ruth and ty cobb autographs to have a thought into if it's real or not.For sure not to the point where i could say for sure that it isn't authentic.And just a side note,something that has always bothered me,and that's I just think it's funny how people think that psa/dna is fake proof,i'm sure they have authenticated fake autographs before,Noone is 100% perfect.:)

Sorry for getting back to you so late on this....

Yes, I am saying there is no way PSA/DNA would have placed their approval on either one of these sigs.

I don't believe anyone who collects or studies vintage players and their autographs would argue this point......that PSA/DNA slab that the seller shows as accompanying those signatures....although may not have been put together by this ebay seller......was certainly "fabricated" by someone.

trsent
04-21-2009, 02:52 AM
I have had this auction looked at and this is photoshoped fake signatures into a PSA/DNA holder. PSA/DNA has never used a black background for their items.

Watch for the eBay magic show on this lot as poof...Soon it will be gone. Like John From Cincinnati used to say before being canceled after one season "Shaun will soon be gone."

joelsabi
04-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I have had this auction looked at and this is photoshoped fake signatures into a PSA/DNA holder. PSA/DNA has never used a black background for their items.

Watch for the eBay magic show on this lot as poof...Soon it will be gone. Like John From Cincinnati used to say before being canceled after one season "Shaun will soon be gone."

its gone. what was the name of the sell so i can put him on my warning list.

sammy
04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Before I ever began this post, I wrote the seller requesting the PSA/DNA authentication number.

Never did send me a number.

Reported it on Saturday.

------------------------------------------------------------

Seller's Ebay ID: texasfan1

suicide_squeeze
04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Before I ever began this post, I wrote the seller requesting the PSA/DNA authentication number.

Never did send me a number.

Reported it on Saturday.

------------------------------------------------------------

Seller's Ebay ID: texasfan1

George Dubya has had a bit more spare time on his hands these days.....

Do ya think?.............NAH!

On a more serious note, I could pick those out from across the room..... hideous. It's just amazing.......and to this site's credit......that a lot of the bad items exposed and ultimately pulled from these auctions are from the smart guys who participate here.....take a bow, boys and girls.:)

What I don't understand is why a guy like that isn't paid a visit by some sort of local law enforcement....he was obviously trying to perpetrate a fraud and remove some poor soul from his money. And we weren't talking about $2.99.

That fake fraudulent listing had two bids, and was over $1,000 before it was pulled.